Live Audio Coverage on Eurosport | Golden Skate

Live Audio Coverage on Eurosport

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Polish Pair??

OK, I'm drawing a blank on their names at the moment - the pair with the totally amazing lifts. I don't see them on the skate order list. I know she injured her shoulder during the GP - is that why they aren't competing?? Just wondering if anyone knows.

DG

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Oops...

I meant to put this question about the Polish pair in a new thread - not a reply to this one. Maybe a Moderator can help me out with a move??

Sorry..

DG

diver chick

On the Ice
I'm watching it live at the moment!

Totmianina and Marinins program was absolutely gorgeous. Great flow on the ice, lovely soft knees and just great choreography! I love it.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Hi Diver..

I'm so Pea Green With Envy that you got to SEE it. Just listening to the commentators on the audio broadcast was amazing. They said it was "Spine Tingling." LOL, my spine was tingling to the music even though I could only imagine....

DG

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Doggygirl said:
OK, I'm drawing a blank on their names at the moment - the pair with the totally amazing lifts. I don't see them on the skate order list. I know she injured her shoulder during the GP - is that why they aren't competing?? Just wondering if anyone knows.
Zagorska & Siudek. She has dislocated he shoulder. She is recovering, and they plan to be there at Worlds.

Pitchka - I really think these events are competitions between Russian entries. The Ladies could have some competition from Kostner, and Sebestyn but I think it will be two Russian Ladies on the podium. The obvious and probably Elena.

The Men are much more interesting for 2nd and 3rd places. There are several including a couple of Russians. I am interested in this event more than any other.

Pairs and Dance will be a shoo in for the Russians. It will be a Russian sweep.

Joe

diver chick

On the Ice
Doggygirl said:
I'm so Pea Green With Envy that you got to SEE it. Just listening to the commentators on the audio broadcast was amazing. They said it was "Spine Tingling." LOL, my spine was tingling to the music even though I could only imagine....

DG

LOL lucky for me I am writing my thesis at the moment so I can work from home for the next few days and watch the whole competition. Watching the pairs free at the moment. Unfortunately however I am going to miss the last group as I have to go training soon so all i get to see is the lower pairs. Saying that though the Ukranians skated quite well. There throw triple sal was top drawer and that is the appeal of watching the lower skaters - every so often they surprise you with something amazing ;)

Hikaru

Final Flight
that is so cool!! I think watching the lower skaters really let you see the areas they are good at, whatever they can improve and all. I won't get to see them, sicne the broadcast will most likely be for the top three or four. I feel like Xue's Dad or Tanya's Mom, 'cause I'm watching the results over the internet :p but hey, it's the only way to find out what's going on until I see the event on TV. Hey, how about the costumes? good? bad? and rusty hanger award nominees?

diver chick

On the Ice
Hikaru said:
Hey, how about the costumes? good? bad? and rusty hanger award nominees?

LOL The Bulgarian definitely get my vote for a rusty hanger award!!! He had gold lame trousers and she had a gold lame skirt. The tops of their costumes consisted of what looked to be sheer white fabric with red, gold and blue bits on it!!!

Oh and the Bestandigs are back, apparently training in America now, she has changed her hair, no wild colours just a single pink streak which cannot be seen with her hair up. Nice costumes in the SP and ok costumes for the Free and actually skating better than I've ever really seen them do. ;)

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Now we're talkin'!!

diver chick said:
LOL The Bulgarian definitely get my vote for a rusty hanger award!!! He had gold lame trousers and she had a gold lame skirt. The tops of their costumes consisted of what looked to be sheer white fabric with red, gold and blue bits on it!!!

;)
You probably already know I take great interest in Rusty Hanger nominees. PLEASE post a pic of that gold lame getup if you come across one!!

DG

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
What am I hearing / reading about T/M's costumes???

It sounds like they had a fabulous skate!! Can't wait to see them live. I really think they set themselves back over the last 2 years with that Cotton Club Yuk - that music JUST doesn't suit them. Ave Maria and Sheherezade (sp - I know) seems perfect for them.

Mean time - Black and Orange????? Gotta see a pic of that.

DG

diver chick

On the Ice
yep their costumes are black and dayglo orange :p Actually hers is not so bad but his had quite a bit mor orange on it.

I actually really don't like Obertas and Slavnov's costumes. Pink and a light coffee brown colour. His shirt reminds me of iced biscuits I used to have when I was a child :rofl:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
LOL Diver Chick...

I guess I will try to reserve judgement on T/M's Halloween costumes...OOPS I mean LP costumes until I see them. ;)

ITA ON O/S PINK/BROWN!!! I have no idea what iced biscuits are, so I'm hoping you will fill me in. But here's what the "Brown" element of ANY costume reminds me of.

I deal with a LOT of Brown Stuff. I have 4 dogs, and they produce a significant amount of Brown Stuff on a daily basis, that I must clean up out of the yard. Here are a list of the color combo's including Brown and what they remind me of:

Brown / White - cleaning poop in winter.
Brown / Green - cleaning poop in spring.
Brown / Yellow - cleaning poop when the dandelions are a problem.
Brown / Brown - cleaning poop in fall or summer, if there is no rain.
Brown / Pink - cleaning poop and puke at the same time.

I can't believe I have failed to OFFICIALLY nominate O/S for a Rusty Hanger award. Now that they won silver at Europeans, they will get more of my attention. BTW, I know this team has a ways to go to perfect what they are doing, but what they do RIGHT in their programs I find amazing. I'm looking forward to watching them in the years to come, and I'm hoping for a better costume design.

:yes:

DG

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Somebody correct me here if I'm wrong, but I believe the biscuts that were referred to are what we call cookies.

Speaking of which, it's time for my afternoon snack. :laugh:

diver chick

On the Ice
LOL Doggy girl I just love your descriptions of brown!! I have a boxer and he has a horrible habit of producing plenty of brown stuff too and in Ireland it is illegal to allow your dogs foul anywhere without cleaning up :p

I keep forgetting that icing is known as frosting in the US, when I was little I used to get shortbread biscuits that had pink and brown or yellow and brown frosting on top and the pink and brown ones were exactly the same colour as Slavnovs costume. Again Obertas' wasn't all that bad (not my taste but passable) but his had light brown trousers as well as a floaty pink and brown shirt!