Your new year skating wish | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Your new year skating wish

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
--Nice clean well-scored skates for all Australian skaters at Four Continents. PBs in particular for Tilly & Bill. The current appalling fire haze situation in Sydney not to wreck any skaters' lungs.
--Gabriella and Guillaume to be amazing at Euros where I will get to watch them in person! :)
--Noemie to repeat/improve on her brilliant Nationals performance at a late-season Senior B.
--Paulina's back injury to heal well.
--Loena, Viveca and Laurine to come back strong and fully healed in time for Euros and/or Worlds.
--Fear/Gibson to continue their rise, Turkkila/Versluis to get back in the game and Reed/Ambrulevicius to climb the ranks further at Worlds.
--Guignard/Fabbri to make a big, podium-worthy splash at Worlds.
--Hamon/Strekalin to come through the season stabilised and improving.

Yeah, I have a lot of wishes. Have you seen the state of my country right now? This is the least that 2020 can do to make it up to me.
Yayyy!! Thank you for wishing for Paulina's back to heal!!! [emoji16][emoji119]

concorde

Medalist
I want all skaters to overcome their performance anxiety so that we (as fans) can watch their amazing programs.

Manitou

Medalist
Raising age limit, thus eliminating one season little girl wonders and bringing women back to the sport.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I want all skaters to overcome their performance anxiety so that we (as fans) can watch their amazing programs.

I'm not sure that performance anxiety should be "overcome." That sounds a little too close to "conquered," to me. I'd rather see skaters work with it ... convert anxiety to excitement. :) JMO.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I’d like Fear and Gibson to be top 8 at Worlds. Top ten is more realistic but if you can’t go a step further for a wish when can you? ;)

Never know with the Danadians injured they have one less competitor.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
It would be super to see beautiful skates from all the top ladies.
I would love to see Gabby Daleman win Canada nationals and make top ten at worlds - unlikely. It would be great to see Canada come away with two medals at worlds unlikely again. I would love an upset and see Tarasova and Morozov win worlds. And wouldn't it be cool to see Jason Brown land a quad in competition.

Elspeth

Rinkside
For people to start taking sexual and other forms of abuse in figure skating more seriously.