Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You Know You're a Figure Skater When...

On the Ice

3 Not allowed!
    When you're incapable of listening to music with out choreographing a routine to it in your head.

You're tempted to do off ice exercises in the long hallway near the break room because something about that space says 'off ice axels.' And work on spirals and shoot the ducks in the company bathroom (when no one is around of course).

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    When you're incapable of listening to music with out choreographing a routine to it in your head.

You're tempted to do off ice exercises in the long hallway near the break room because something about that space says 'off ice axels.' And work on spirals and shoot the ducks in the company bathroom (when no one is around of course).
    haha I regularly to off ice jumps in the bathroom and hallway. I've been caught doing spirals etc in the break room also.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    when you wish you would ride an elevator without anyone else there as it is a perfect place to work on your spiral and wish you had to go up or down the maximum floors as possible

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    • When your relaxing evening of watching TV means sitting on the floor to stretch and foam roll
    • When your coworkers catch you with figure skating competitions playing one one of your screens at your desk
    • When you spend your commute marking out dance patterns to music
    • When your coworkers know not to schedule morning meetings with you bc they know there's a 75% chance you'll be skating that morning
    • When your most played playlist is called "skating music"

❅*:・。.✨

0 Not allowed!
    When certain chairs and car seats drive you crazy because it's nearly impossible to sit up straight, and you work way too hard on your posture to let it be destroyed by a piece of furniture...

❅*:・。.✨

0 Not allowed!
    When the workplace computer lab clears out and the whole floor seems deserted, so you start practicing jumps.

...A coworker walked by just as I had landed one. I think I managed to play it off as tripping over something and sit down before I got in any insurance trouble...

Tripping on the Podium

1 Not allowed!
    ...when you take a whole week of "staycation" just to skate all day every day the whole time. (And Boss feels sorry for you for not having a "real vacation")

Spectator

0 Not allowed!

You Know You're a Figure Skater When...

Quote Originally Posted by hanyuufan5 View Post
    Ugh, one just came up that hopefully most of you aren't clumsy enough to relate to:

When your figure skater's anti-fall reflexes have probably saved you thousands in medical bills throughout your life. (knocking wood)
    I’m not clumsy but occasionally I will hit my toepick and when those moments occur I call myself the master of stumbling-until-I-don’t-fall

Rinkside

3 Not allowed!
    When it snows and your non skater friends say you should skate to work and your instant reaction is "nooo, no blades on concrete!"

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WednesdayMarch View Post
    ... you loathe school holidays!
    Good one!

Spectator

0 Not allowed!
    when you love skating outdoors but hate the crowd

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12