Thinking about purchasing Klingbeils | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Thinking about purchasing Klingbeils

Glacierskater

On the Ice
I agree with you on the evolution of skating. I look at Sonja's skating and I think that she was da bomb and top of her game....but wouldn't she just be amazed at the skating today? Really, where could we go from here? Women doing quads...will we get to quins? Where does it stop? It is truly something to ponder.

Yazmeen

On the Ice
Hi, everyone (Yes, I'm still alive and skating, I haven't been around due to job issues, I'll catch you up on that later).

I've had custom Klingbeil's for almost 2 and 1/2 years and have had no real problems with them. They fit well and I love them. I have the common problem of a wide forefoot and narrow heel, plus teensy feet (my boots are size 4). I can highly recommend them, and the trip to the factory in NY is worth it just for the experience if you can get there. If you go and get customs done, don't forget to "sign the chair!!!"

Off topic, I hope to be around again more often in the future--I've missed you guys!!!! :)

Redboots: MAJOR congrats on your weight loss!!! Whoo hoo!! I'm still maintaining mine more than 4 years after making lifetime at Weight Watchers. Its day by day, every day.

Glacierskater

On the Ice
Yazmeen,

It is good to hear from you! I hope that you are still skating! I did get to NYC and sign the chair...thanks to your advice! That chair has been graced with some elite booties!

ditzysk8r

Rinkside
I had horrible luck with my Klingbeils- the back seam ripped on both pairs I had, and though they were customs, they completely destroyed my feet (although I think this was the fault of the guy who measured my feet- I didn't even get the boots till 7 months after he measured me! :mad: ) Yeah, but I'm really hard on boots, and I've had friends who like theirs, so it was probably just me! :cool:

danamartens

Spectator
ditzysk8r said:
I had horrible luck with my Klingbeils- the back seam ripped on both pairs I had, and though they were customs, they completely destroyed my feet (although I think this was the fault of the guy who measured my feet- I didn't even get the boots till 7 months after he measured me! :mad: ) Yeah, but I'm really hard on boots, and I've had friends who like theirs, so it was probably just me! :cool:

Ditzysk8r,

Where did you have them fitted? I just want to make sure (although very unlikely) that I am not going to the same place. Also did you have a foot impression done? unfortunately I can't afford to go all they way to NYC so I am sruck going to my local dealer