Wichita Stars On Ice | Golden Skate

Wichita Stars On Ice

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
There's not a lot I can say about who did what jumps. I know no one fell down but almost all of them had a little error or two. We had the best seats in town. On ice in the center. It was a really good show. I didn't much care for Alexi's program where he spent most of the time in that sheet overhead. I came to watch skating. Those with the flea was really funny. Most of the jumps were done at the ends. I do hope Sarah thins down. Actually, I always thought Yuka and Ina were a little on the heavy side, it looks that way on tv, but they're not at all.
The arena was barely even half full. I'm sure they won't bother to come back here and I think the arena would be shut down then anyway. They are going to overhaul it and it needs it badly. Wichita is probably going to build a new arena downtown. It's to be voted on in the legislature this session. It just gripes us in the county and not in Wichita gets sold down the river over and over. Whenever Wichita wants anything they make it so the whole county pays for it. :mad:
So, I guess next year we will have to go to Dallas or Okla City to see it. They don't seem to ever have it in Ks City any more.

Your seats indeed sound like best in the house! I'm glad you enjoyed the show!
Isn't it funny how seeing the skaters in person, they look so different from what they look on tv. I got to shake Jamie Sale's hand last year...she's a small girl, but she doesn't look anorexic by any means, yet her hand felt so darned skinny in mine! I put both my hands around her one when she reached to shake my hand and I told her "thank you very much" because I wanted to say something but new time was limited so I figured that was the best thing to say. She looked me right in the eye and said "Oh no, thank YOU". Also shook Kristy's hand...her hands were very cold.
We've got on-ice again this year for Philadelphia....still anxiously counting down the days!