Denis Petukhov Citizenship Update | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Denis Petukhov Citizenship Update

gkelly

Record Breaker
thisthingcalledlove said:
really? i was taught mispell was the correct spelling.

Nope. Check the dictionary.

mis = prefix; spell = root, thus both s's are necessary

Same with misstate, for example.

Of course, it's funnier to misspell the word "misspell," so the wrong spelling is often used as a joke.

Matt said:
Congratulations to Denis Petukhov! This bodes well for Turin and I'm sure USFSA is breathing a collective sigh of relief and the fact that the US has at least one team with two legal members to send to the Olympics :p

As everyone is sharing our US citizenship stories, I might as well share mine: My father came to this country in 1979 from England and had to wait the 14 years of residency before he could obtain his US citizenship, which he did in 1994. I also have dual citizenship to both the US and the UK, something I am vehemently proud of, as I have strong feelings for both countries (and a good deal of family still in England) :rock:
I'm happy for Gregory and Putukhov who most likely will be top 6 at Worlds. If B&A get top 4, then the US gets 3 teams for the Olys. I'm hoping for Manon and O'Mearer.

Joe

gkelly

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
I'm happy for Gregory and Putukhov who most likely will be top 6 at Worlds.

This year? Don't count on it. Maybe next year after a few post-Olympic retirements?

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Joesitz said:
I'm happy for Gregory and Putukhov who most likely will be top 6 at Worlds. If B&A get top 4, then the US gets 3 teams for the Olys. I'm hoping for Manon and O'Mearer.

Joe

Joe, are you dreaming?

How can they possibly beat the following: (no particular order, ranking based on performances and standing in the past year):

Say the top 3 are N&K, D&S (assuming they get thier stuff together), G&G
Then we have B&A, the Israelies, the French, and the top Canadians.

That's already top 7. Then add the Italians, the Kerrs, and possibly the 2nd Canadian team.

Don't forget the other 2 Russian teams.

I would say that it would be very tough for Melissa and Denis to crack the top 10, though I wish them all the best and would be pleasantly surprised if they do.

Yana

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I think G&P will be in top 10 though not in top 6.

This is how I see it (each group is in no particular order)
1-4 N&K, De&St, B&A, G&G
5-7 De&Sc, D&L, C&S
8-10 Faella&Scali, Domnina&Shabalin, G&P

I wouldn't worry about Kulikova & Novikov; besides G&P had no problem beating them at NHK. Nor, based on the Europeans, would I worry much about the Kerrs. Wing & Lowe could be a problem, but I doubt it.

At Bompard G&P beat F&S. Domnina & Shabalin haven't really been "on" this season, coming behind F&S in both Cup of Russia and Europeans. Or course, we don't know how the Russians will be judged in Ice Dancing in Moscow.

So, for the 3 Olympic spots either B&A have to medal and G&P get into top 10, or B&A be 4th and G&P 9th.

Ptichka said:
I think G&P will be in top 10 though not in top 6.

So, for the 3 Olympic spots either B&A have to medal and G&P get into top 10, or B&A be 4th and G&P 9th.

To all who reminded me of my day dreaming, I apologize for jumping on to the American chances for a total of 13. However, Ptichka's reply does give me hope, but it isn't likely.

N&K, D&S, D&S, B&A, C&K, F&S, G&G, K&K, D&L, ?????? Even with that B&A would have to podium and that isn't all that likely.

Joe

gkelly

Record Breaker
I would guess Belbin/Agosto will end up somewhere between 2nd and 5th, and Gregory/Petukhov somewhere between 8th and 12th. So a total of 13 or less is within the realm of possibility, but far from guaranteed.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I'd say the chances are really 50-50. My guess is that the American total will be between 11 and 14.