Finding Neverland | Golden Skate

Finding Neverland

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I am a little behind on movie going these days and someone probably has already contributed their view of this movie, but anyway here is my two cents worth:

I am giving Finding Neverland "Two Thumbs Up!!" What a wonderful movie. I was swept away by the magic of the movie and the story. It really appeals to my sensitive side. Johnny Depp is awesome and should get the Oscar in my opinion - he gets my vote. My husband and I both enjoyed this movie immensely. Only one warning - bring plenty of kleenex - you will need it by the end. We wept buckets; flet like a couple of kids. Marvelous!!!

Wonderful music as well - I am going to buy the soundtrack.

Last edited:

equestrianguy

On the Ice
I loved this movie and Jonny as well. Although, Jamie Foxx is a lock for Oscar this year for Ray. Jonny, had a better chance at the Oscar last year for Pirates ..Don't worry...Jonny will get his Oscar due one day.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
no, he didn't, because the Oscars have very little to do with good performances...

the Oscars is just as bad as Ice Dancing when it comes to judging :rofl:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I am so behind in my movie watching.........we have a copy of "Ray" here at the house that my son bought, and I haven't had time to watch it........how bad is that. Would love to see this flick though, and the other nominated movies as well......42

Vash01

Medalist
I saw Finding Neverland almost 2 months ago and loved it. Loved Johnny Depp too, but my Oscar vote goes to Jamie Foxx for 'Ray'. That too is an excellent movie.

Antilles

Medalist
I finally saw this movie tonight. It was terrific. Depp and Winslet were great as usual, and that boy who plays Peter is just wonderful. Great story.

Suzy

On the Ice
I loved this movie, too. I used to not like Johnny Depp years ago, but now I can't get enough of him!

Kasey

Medalist
Loved the movie too....but I don't see it winning the award, or Depp winning. Johnny's performance was so subtle (loved the accent tho!) that I think he will be overlooked for the Oscar. And the movie, as beautiful and sweet as it was, I think it was not quite as emotionally resonant as "Ray" or "Million Dollar Baby" (and how the heck was "Hotel Rwanda" NOT nominated for Picture of the year???? We "wuzrobbed"!)

Kasey

Vash01

Medalist
Hotel Rwanda should have been nominated. I loved Finding neverland, but I too just know that it will not win any major awards (best picture or best actor).

Kasey

Medalist
Just watched "Ray" again. If ever there were a "lock" for a win, it has to be Jaime Foxx. Don Cheadle was wonderful, but would have to be a distant runner up in this category. I agree, Johnny should have won for Pirates of the Caribbean...but humor is almost always overlooked at the Oscars.

Kasey

pennyfromheaven

On the Ice
I have been in love with Johnny Depp since the first time I saw him! I enjoy watching anything he does. But I agree that Jamie Foxx certainly should get the Oscar for his performance in "Ray". He was awesome.

Vash01

Medalist
Depp was amazing in Pirates but in Finding Neverland I absolutely fell in love with him.

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Kasey said:
Loved the movie too....but I don't see it winning the award, or Depp winning. Johnny's performance was so subtle (loved the accent tho!) that I think he will be overlooked for the Oscar. And the movie, as beautiful and sweet as it was, I think it was not quite as emotionally resonant as "Ray" or "Million Dollar Baby" (and how the heck was "Hotel Rwanda" NOT nominated for Picture of the year???? We "wuzrobbed"!)

Kasey

"I think it was not quite as emotionally resonant as Ray or Million Dollar Baby" - You must be kidding; my husband and I wept buckets at the end of Finding Neverland. Who could not get caught up in a fantasy about trying to hang onto their childhood forever through the story of Peter Pan? Worked for me!!!!

I spoke about Neverland some time ago. I liked it very much but little movies do not win big prizes except when two big movies are competing with each other. There are no big movies this year except The Aviator. Like it or not I'll bet two beers it will win.

Joe

Ladskater

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
I spoke about Neverland some time ago. I liked it very much but little movies do not win big prizes except when two big movies are competing with each other. There are no big movies this year except The Aviator. Like it or not I'll bet two beers it will win.

Joe

My words exactly. Aviator is the kind of movie Hollywood goes for.

Vash01

Medalist
I did not like Aviator at all. Unfortunately it is going to win the best pic Oscar over more deserving movies like Neverland (and several others).