Poor kids! | Golden Skate

Poor kids!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Hello to my friend Chris. :ghug:

I happened to see this article before your thread, and my two cents are that the point of the story is the opposite of your thread title.

Although everyone's daily lives are being terribly disrupted, I see these kids as fortunate (relatively speaking) that this off-ice competition was organized.

Obviously it was not the same thing as an on-ice competition, but the skaters had a chance to perform a version of their programs. For real figure skating judges :cool:, not just informally for coach or parent.

(The Facebook page for Lake City FSC has videos too, if anyone is interested.)

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

I happened to see this article before your thread, and my two cents are that the point of the story is the opposite of your thread title.

Although everyone's daily lives are being terribly disrupted, I see these kids as fortunate (relatively speaking) that this off-ice competition was organized.

Obviously it was not the same thing as an on-ice competition, but the skaters had a chance to perform a version of their programs. For real figure skating judges :cool:, not just informally for coach or parent.

OK, I had my tounge in my cheek a bit here....These families are making the best of a bad situaton...they are skating strong! :thumbsup: One thing my skating friends are doing is to try in-line skates...but they might be hard to get right now.

macy

Record Breaker
i think this is really cool! might as well do the next best thing to actually being on the ice :)

I wonder f there are still enough backyard ponds and local lakes that freeze over in the winter to have actual video skating competitions on ice next year.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
i think this is really cool! might as well do the next best thing to actually being on the ice :)

Its time to work on some of the aspects...like artistry...I think roller blades might be in short supply for quite awhile....But I bet we are two months away from the ice returning at least. Hope I am wrong.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I wonder f there are still enough backyard ponds and local lakes that freeze over in the winter to have actual video skating competitions on ice next year.

Not a very cold year here in Spokane this go around. Maybe next year I will take my lawn tractor an convert it into a pocket zamboni! Lets hope the promised blood tests that are hopefully going to be ramped up in May as well as the 5 minute C19 tests are also widely available. Germany was hashing around the idea of issuing certificates for those that get a positive on the serum test and negative on the C19 tests, all though Korea thinks it is possible that patients get flairups or re-infected.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

Thanks for that FB link! Cool!