Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 2020-21 U.S. Ice Dance

avatar credit: @miyan5605 ice coverage's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
    Newly published On Ice Perspectives video of Wolfkostin/Chen's RD runthrough, recorded in Aug 2019:

https://youtu.be/EwjAJk-W958 (3:37, published Jul 6)

Thank you, Jordan.

Speaking of Jeffrey Chen ... yesterday sister Karen and he started the #WearMaskWhile campaign to encourage mask-wearing.

Part of their mission statement:

Our mission is to encourage the people who do wear face masks to speak up about their unique experiences. We want to help make those who wear them feel strength in their decision to protect themselves and their loved ones by creating this opportunity for people to creatively share pictures or videos of themselves wearing a mask. ...

(I remember that earlier in the pandemic, the Chen siblings also set up a sewing operation at home and personally made lots of masks, which they donated to healthcare workers.)

ETA (on Jul 10):
    Yesterday was the first post of their new account: https://www.instagram.com/wewearmaskscampaign/.

Quote Originally Posted by happycamper2554 View Post
    Avonley is overrated. Vadym carried her to victory. ...
    Ouch, I cannot restrain myself from responding.

Avonley and Vadym each brought a lot to their partnership.
    I don't think either one should be underestimated.

Hope they both find worthy new partners.

(Note: I am not saying that I want any other partnership to end.)

Medalist

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by happycamper2554 View Post
    Avonley is overrated. Vadym carried her to victory. Christina is the better partner even with citizenship issues
    I can't agree. Vadym is a beautiful skater, but Avonely is also has wonderful skating skills and performance ability. She is also amazingly flexible and has wonderful posture.

Nothing against the skater you mentioned, but she doesn't hold a candle to Avonely. At the same time, I find Vadym a much more compelling skater than Anthony. I really don't understand this decision, where will they possibly find a better matched partner?

On the Ice

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by readernick View Post
    I can't agree. Vadym is a beautiful skater, but Avonely is also has wonderful skating skills and performance ability. She is also amazingly flexible and has wonderful posture.

Nothing against the skater you mentioned, but she doesn't hold a candle to Avonely. At the same time, I find Vadym a much more compelling skater than Anthony. I really don't understand this decision, where will they possibly find a better matched partner?
    I don't think Avonley & Vadym's split had anything to do with technical issues (like you said, they were a perfect match). I think there probably were some personal issues between them that we don't know about.

1 Not allowed!
    The Girl Without A Face
    If N/K’s split was destined to happen it was well timed coming off their triumph at Junior Worlds. They both seem at peace with the decision and both have time to find new partners. I look forward to following two new teams in the not-too-distant future. As far as skating skills are concerned, Avonley is so talented and capable.. she is also very fluid, moves lightly almost like liquid, an uncommon quality in a skater and one which I think Vadym used to full advantage as her partner. Avonley’s exquisite movement puts me in mind of Gabrielle Papadikis or Jean Torvill... she has that same ability to become one with her partner, a unique quality.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456