2020-21 Grand Prix- when will get assignments, if at all? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2020-21 Grand Prix- when will get assignments, if at all?

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
What is the nationality of Artem Kovalev? is he always russian?

Russian. Always.:biggrin: The trainer is Volkov.

----------------

I don't want to be pessimist but for example Zhulin believes won't be GP serie in this year. :(

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No idea what will happen in the upcoming three months, but trying to predict GP placements for the 'what if' scenario is fun. I admit I've also been going through them in my head recently.
I don't keep up with all categories, so just a couple of random remarks on your list:
- what do you base your allocations on? It caught my eye that you predict e.g. Fentz for a GP spot with more certainty than Kerry, Litvintsev or Selevko, who are all far above him in the rankings.
- Fa is high enough to get two spots instead of just the host spot, I think? And Tesson should be considered alongside Ponsart
- Sato is going senior so Yamamoto could well only contend for the host spot again, I'm afraid

Because they only take account of the top 24 on World standing list. The rest of the spots are filled according to the SB list (Top 75). If Worlds had taken place, then the top 12 would have been guaranteed 2 spots...

So Fentz (34) has a higher chance than Selevko (38), Kerry (41), Litvintsev (40). None of their WS will be taken into account as all are outside the top 24.

Adam SHF SB more than likely just isn't high enough (42). He will get one based off of his WR (22), the second more than likely will be the French host spot. I would be surprise if France doesn't invite him to the home event.

Yamamoto has a high SB (28), right outside the top 24 so he can get a non-host spot and it has no relation what so ever to Sato and his assignments. JPN can fill at most 18 spots. Yamamoto isn't bothering anyone here.

kolyadafan2002

Fan of Kolyada
Final Flight
It would be quite fun if ISU rolled over the points in the worlds standings, and also allowed people to keep previous years seasons best if they do cancel this season's GP series. This means skaters will keep their previous results and then add to them over the next season.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I believe even Seoyeong Wi has announced she's going to seniors.

Where did you get that? No Korean source I know has said anything, I was guessing half-and-half for her.

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
Because they only take account of the top 24 on World standing list. The rest of the spots are filled according to the SB list (Top 75). If Worlds had taken place, then the top 12 would have been guaranteed 2 spots...

So Fentz (34) has a higher chance than Selevko (38), Kerry (41), Litvintsev (40). None of their WS will be taken into account as all are outside the top 24.

Adam SHF SB more than likely just isn't high enough (42). He will get one based off of his WR (22), the second more than likely will be the French host spot. I would be surprise if France doesn't invite him to the home event.

Yamamoto has a high SB (28), right outside the top 24 so he can get a non-host spot and it has no relation what so ever to Sato and his assignments. JPN can fill at most 18 spots. Yamamoto isn't bothering anyone here.

Oh, thanks for clarifying. I messed it up in my head and thought the WS had priority over SB. My bad. About the Japanese boys, I am assuming the top ones get two assignments because they did really well last season, and judging by the GPs in the last few seasons, I don't recall if there was an event with three Japanese men in it other than NHK. I might misremember again but that was my impression.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Where did you get that? No Korean source I know has said anything, I was guessing half-and-half for her.

Maybe I'm wrong, I just have the fixed idea that during junior worlds Ted has announced that both korean girls will move to seniors next season. But honestly I can't find it.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, thanks for clarifying. I messed it up in my head and thought the WS had priority over SB. My bad. About the Japanese boys, I am assuming the top ones get two assignments because they did really well last season, and judging by the GPs in the last few seasons, I don't recall if there was an event with three Japanese men in it other than NHK. I might misremember again but that was my impression.

Rarely do any one country manage to fill up all 18 of their max spots. Last year, it happened for the first time with the Russian ladies. So the Japanese men can get at most 18 spots, Yamamoto isn't taking anyone's spot of those placed ahead of him. He can get two and the Japanese men would still not hit their max quota (18).

haribobo

On the Ice
Assuming jgp gets cancelled, everyone age eligible should try for the senior gp series...

removof

On the Ice
This is an empty period i think that this is the end of figure skating until the vaccine will be found.

macy

Record Breaker
This is an empty period i think that this is the end of figure skating until the vaccine will be found.

i don't think so, and it shouldn't be. there are ways with diligent planning to hold events socially distanced and without audiences. i don't know if that will happen this season, but it's doable.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
i don't think so, and it shouldn't be. there are ways with diligent planning to hold events socially distanced and without audiences. i don't know if that will happen this season, but it's doable.

I believe international travel will be the problem.

In Canada, we are even having problems with inter-provincial travel. Where it is forbidden/regulated, there are outcries about unfairness from some quarters and complaints about non-compliance from others. Where it is allowed, there are cries that it should be restricted from some and others feeling insulted because it is discouraged.

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Maybe I'm wrong, I just have the fixed idea that during junior worlds Ted has announced that both korean girls will move to seniors next season. But honestly I can't find it.

I believe Ted said they’re both eligible to turn senior, but KorFed might keep Wi down in junior gp at least. Not sure if they have enough spots to give her 2 assignments with Yelim, Eunsoo, Young, and Haein. They might believe she’s better off with 2 spots in JGP, or maybe they’ll give her 1 or 2 senior assignments, who knows? :dance2:

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

The big international competitions for this year, maybe. Or maybe not, we don't know. All sports are watching and trying to work out what to do, and apparently Formula 1 racing intends to kick off in Austria next month (but were I a fan, I wouldn't hold my breath on that)

ruga

Final Flight
If Formula 1 and international football matches will be taking place then, I don't see why figure skating would not. But the whole GP can become a toast because of just one cancellation so a back up plan should be created.