Most Handsome Men in Figure Skating. | Golden Skate

Most Handsome Men in Figure Skating.

Tereza

Match Penalty
All though all of the skaters are good looking people I think these are the most attractive:

Men:

Alexei Yagudin
Brian Joubert
Alexander Abt
Ilia Kulik
Gwendal Piezerat
Massimo Scali
Gyorgy Elek
Tomas Verner :)
Maxim Shabalin
Vitali Novikov
Anton Sikharluidze
John Kerr
Maxim Marinin
Maxim Zazovin
Rene Lohse
Ilia Averbukh
Jian Tong
Takeshi Honda
Timothy Goebel
Benjamin Agosto
Garret Lucash
Fabien Bourzat
Kristoffer Berntsson
Ryan Jahnke
Steven Cousins
Robin Szolchowy

Vitacus

Rinkside
It feels like we've had many threads like this before and often it turns into a bashfest of certain skaters but I hope this one doesn't.

For me, it's so difficult to list them based on looks alone because I'm one of the odd one's that is more attracted to charismatic cheeky personalities. So while I find some male skaters handsome there's no attraction because for some odd reason (only known to me) they turn me off, so not sure how to list. OK, listing the most "attractive" men from my own personal preferences and screw the rest even if they are handsomer (rest= the one's not on the list, is not my cup of tea...). Since you didn't really define "attractive", or clearified the rules, it could be the most "interesting person I'd love to get to know", or "physically attractive", or both if lucky, so... :laugh:

Damn, I'm so strange. I can't even feel any attraction to Brad Pitt, or Orlando Bloom....the prettiest of pretty faces that everyone swoons over. Just pretty faces, no personality = boring. On the other hand I find Johnny Depp utterly attractive because he's quirky and different AND handsome. Another example is Adrien Brody, I'm attracted to him because he's got that charismatic cheeky personality, but is NOT really handsome. Oh well, I don't make much sense I guess...

The list wont be long!

SERGEI GRINKOV - the man was so beautiful in a put-on-piedestal-to-worship kinda way! Just because I adored them together. :love:

Ilia Kulik - his somewhat timid personality is interesting, maybe not so much in a physical way, for me, but attractive nontheless.

Evgeni Plushenko - not handsome (the Adrien Brody syndrome...they even look alike!) but he's soo...interesting and has a charismatic playful personality that is very attractive, so yeah, definitely both here.

Stannick Jeanette - could possibly be swinging the other way, but he's got this voidy personality, that is very interesting and I'd love to get to know.

Ilia Klimkin - The voidest of voidy personalities on and off-ice, so yeah...I'd be in void heaven getting to know him. Wouldn't call him handsome.

Yeah, I know...I am weird!

There's a lot of skaters that are cutsie pies in a want-to-pinch-their-cheeks kinda way but I won't mention them.

But for me being handsome matters for about 4 seconds until I discover for myself if there's anything interesting to read there, if not, I move on. :laugh:

Give me the Adrien Brody's and Johnny Depp's of skating than the Brad Pitt's anyday! :rock: weee, gods I need to go to bed!

Last edited:
There still is an active poll on this topic and from what I've seen, the results are not conclusive. Beauty is in the mind of the beholder.

Joe

anya_angie

Final Flight
I'd like to add Peter Tchernyshev to that list as well even though he is "retired...". Who knows how long it might last LOL.

I also think Johnny Weir, Alexander Abt, Anton, Kulik, Joubert, Plushenko (very good in most photographs I have seen), Hungbo Zhao, Todd Eldredge, John Zimmerman, and I also think Josef Sobavcek is handsome.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Lol...

DEFINITELY in the mind of the beholder. This Dirty Old Lady would have the current hots for Matt Savoie if I were younger and singler. :) I wouldn't have said that a few years ago, but he's developed sort of a "different" hot look which I always liked in my younger singler days.

DG

Eeyora

Final Flight
I also at one time thought Chris Dean was attractive.

Dick Button ion his day was kind of cute like a kid not handsome.

However the best looking are definitely Ilian Alexei Yagudin, Ilia, Peter T, Maxim S, John Zimmerman and Sasha Abt.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Kurt Browning - I don't know what it is, maybe his personality... his eyes... his smile?
Scott Hamilton is quite handsome, and was when he was younger as well... yeah he's got huge teeth, but so what he's cute ;)
John Zimmerman
David Pelletier -- I have a friend who looks very much like him, facial and build...
Sergei Grinkov
Tim Goebel
Matt Savoie
Michael Weiss (without the tattoo costume :laugh: )
Denis Petukhov - he is so sweet :love:
Peter Carruthers -- when he's not wearing a pink shirt and a pink/lavendar striped tie... or when he's wearing his glasses :love:

there are others, but I am tired and am gonna go to bed :)

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
The title of the post is handsome, not cute, sweet, attractive, beautiful, adorable, exotic, smouldering, etc. etc., and it also said "in figure skating," not necessarily skaters, so here goes:

Min Zhang
Brian Joubert
Maxim Marinin
Kristoffer Berntsson
Alexei Urmanov
Maurizio Margaglio
Massimo Scali
Sergei Magerovskij
Don Laws (now, not back then with the dorky mustache)
Ingo (He's So Fine) Steuer

Tereza

Match Penalty
Igor Shpiliband is nice looking, I ain't doubting that! Have you seen Nikolai Morozov?

pennyfromheaven

On the Ice
My vote goes for Peter Tchernyshev; Alexei Yagudin; John Zimmerman; Maxim Staviskiy; also I think Denis Petukov is cute. And of course Phillippe Candeloro is soooo hot!

I totally agree with Toni on her assessment of Kurt Browning!

But to stick to purely most handsome:
Steven Cousins
Peter Tchernychev
Garrett Lucash
John Zimmerman
Sergei Grinkov

Vash01

Medalist
Many of the male figure skaters are very good looking, but here are the ones I consider the top tier in terms of looks (not in any particular order)

Peter Tchernychev
John Zimmerman
Anton Sikharulidze (he is extremely good looking in person)
Sergei Grinkov
Brian Joubert
Christopher Dean
Alexander Abt

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Although it is of course a matter of taste also, I still would say that many of the skaters are seen as handsome because of their titles and other fame; biased fans automatically seem to see their favourite as handsome, charismatic, sexy, cute or hot....

I decided to choose on my list skaters that I feel general people (e.g. on a street or restaurant) without recognizing these skaters, might regard them as handsome. In no particular order:

Alexei Urmanov
Ilia Kulik
Fedor Andreev
Stephane Lambiel
Brian Joubert
David Pelletier
Ingo Steuer
Steven Cousins
Maxim Stavisky
Maurizio Margaglio
Maxim Marinin
Hongbo Zhao
Alexander Uspenski

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Michael Weiss (much as he annoys me, I have to admit he's a looker)
Kevin van der Perren
Patrick Meier
Norman Jeschke
Peter Tchernyshev
Gwendael Peizerat (tho needs haircut, IMO)
Alexei Yagudin
Rene Lohse
Ben Agosto
Patrice Lauzon
Brian Joubert
Frederic Dambier

Jury is still out on Emanuel Sandhu, because I still can't decide if I think he's cute or not. He's definitely striking.

Last edited:

Tenorguy

On the Ice
Handsome Hommes

Wouldn't you all want your daughters to meet someone who looked like John Zimmerman?

I mean, come on! Did you see the Queer Eye episode? Oy . . . .

Tenorguy

sarahsk8s

Spectator
SO many guys to choose from! :love: SO many make my head spin. ..but you all seem to have forgotten a favorite of mine. . .GORSHA SUR. . . he's a cute guy, especially when he smiles. . . :agree: The rest have been mentioned more than once. . .