Alysa Liu Changes Coaches to Lee Barkell | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Alysa Liu Changes Coaches to Lee Barkell

Scott512

Record Breaker
i'm sure they have everything planned and figured out before committing to such a big move.

i don't understand the concerns of "panic" either...this is a critical time in Alysa's career. she probably felt Laura had taken her as far as she could and i'm honestly not surprised at all she moved. i think it was only a matter of time before she realized this.

it's go big or go home at this point. Beijing is a year and a half away. its crunch time.

Who is they? Hmmm. I'm pretty sure I know who was last on the list of they is. ;)

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I don't see anyone treating him as a nobody. He's a big name and now has a slate of top skaters that he's training on his own. It's just that this particular coaching arrangement can't be considered the same as Satoko or Vincent moving to train with Lee in Toronto. Alysa has a multi-coach arrangement and she will not be based at Granite with him. There are lots of moving variables here and past accolades are not always instructive when conditions are different.

I think you completely missed the point and need to go back and read because calling Lee the "flavour of the month" is equal to saying he's a trend and not a longtime established coach. Also, as far as moving around and coaching arrangements are concerned, I've said before in many a thread that the skaters and coaches know what they are doing and had this figured out long before the announcement. If it would not work the way they needed it to, it would have never happened. I've been there and done that in my own career.