Dalilah Goes Monument-al | Golden Skate

Dalilah Goes Monument-al

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
... and she takes Tarah and Danny, Kate and Balasz, and all the gang with her!

Dalilah Sappenfield has announced the launch of the new International Ice Academy of Colorado (IIAC) in Monument, CO, where she and her pairs will be based: https://www.instagram.com/p/CBs-VBBpbUn/

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm not sure that talking about Dalilah and John Coughlin here is such a good idea:scratch2: If you know enough to click on this link, you probably know who Dalilah is.

Back to the subject at hand, we have been discussing this in the Jason FF because of course Monument is where he trained for many years. And evidently where his banners still hang. Maybe some of this group, including his BFFs Tarah and Danny, will add to it. :hap10:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Isn't she that person who shamed and abused victims of John Coughlin?

Yes, she is. And forced the red hats on her skaters at Nationals to commemorate said abuser.

2A3TMom

Rinkside
With so many coaches and coaching teams marketing themselves as a "brand" I think USFS will have to give serious consideration to the way skaters choose "representation:" for competitions. I certainly DO wish all the coaches success in their endeavors, but more thought needs to given around amateur athletes representing a club, as opposed to representing a "brand." Which will it end up to be? I wonder.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Interesting news from Ice Partner Search: Ben Jalovick is listed as looking for a pairs partner. :eek:And lists Dalilah as his coach.

The wow emoji, for those who may not follow the men as intently as I do, is that Ben competed in singles until now. He trained in Monument under Kori with Jason and made Nationals four (?) times.

Well at least he knows the rink:biggrin:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
With so many coaches and coaching teams marketing themselves as a "brand" I think USFS will have to give serious consideration to the way skaters choose "representation:" for competitions. I certainly DO wish all the coaches success in their endeavors, but more thought needs to given around amateur athletes representing a club, as opposed to representing a "brand." Which will it end up to be? I wonder.

FWIW, will mention that Academy at Mitchell Johannson Method was one of the (numerous) clubs with provisional status that was awarded full club status at 2020 USFS Governing Council.
I would venture to guess that MJM is an example of the type of "brand" that you have in mind?
But if a coaching "brand" sets up a bona fide club that meets USFS requirements for club status, then seems to me that there is nothing wrong with its skaters representing the club in competition.

Remains to be seen whether Dalilah even will want International Ice Academy of Colorado to meet the requirements for USFS club status. Unless/until it does, its skaters presumably will continue to represent their individual clubs in competition?