Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Olympics Results You Disagreed With

Penalty Box

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kolyadafan2002 View Post
    I think that we should do something on skating scores where we remark each of the top 6-8 skaters in the 2010 Olympics, give GEO element by element, and PCS category by Category - and then see what the results would be. It would be quite interesting
    I love the idea! But I'd love it more if we could do it with the 2010 SoV and also if we could write up explanations? It could be the GS rescoring!

Quote Originally Posted by kolyadafan2002 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSwM7oj1_WY - This is Alexei Yagudin's 3A - considered one of the best, and I don't see it as more prerotated than Evan Lysacek when watching both in slow motion, so if it is an issue it has been around a long time.
    ? I don't think Yagudin's was more pre rotated than Lysacek's. I agree his is one of the best. I just think Lysacek's 3A was awful - very swingy and tiny, and I think that quality is found more now.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skatesocs View Post
    I love the idea! But I'd love it more if we could do it with the 2010 SoV and also if we could write up explanations? It could be the GS rescoring!

? I don't think Yagudin has more pre rotated than Lysacek's. I agree his is one of the best. I just think Lysacek's 3A was awful - very swingy and tiny, and I think that quality is found more now.
    I meant Lysacek more prerotated than Yagudin. They have similar.

Anyways If anybody wants to participate in 2010 rescoring DM me, and I'll figure a way to do it.

0 Not allowed!

? I don't think Yagudin has more pre rotated than Lysacek's. I agree his is one of the best. I just think Lysacek's 3A was awful - very swingy and tiny, and I think that quality is found more now.
    For me, Yagudin's 3A is not one of the bests. That's true the jump is very high, but there is something mess with his legs ... Probably the height saves from the failure....

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    I have made working Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet.
    As soon as we have 9 Judges We shall be judges 1 to 9 and then rescore everything via the excel sheet. I have preloaded all BV and GEO system into the spreadsheet for SP, and In process for doing it in the FP. It 100% works, but needs to be completely filled in by 9 people.

Medalist

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    Plushenko didn't fall. You remember wrongly. Daisuke fell in his LP in 4T. I'm over on this result too, but the thread is about it. There were mention many other questionable results and most of those arguments is inconsequential for me.
    I apologize you are correct. He didn't. I still hold the same view about the overall result, though. The performances of both Gold and Silver medalist were dull. To me neither stood out from the crowd.

Bona Fide Member

2 Not allowed!
    The Girl Without A Face
    Quote Originally Posted by #1Kerryfan View Post
    I would have given the gold to Chan in 2014. A skater who falls twice should not get the Olympic Gold.
    Same thing happened to Denis Ten just the season before at Worlds where Patrick won in spite of the two falls.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789