Sasha Cohen's Journal Updates | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Sasha Cohen's Journal Updates

R.D.

Record Breaker
May be there should be a little video at the end of each entry saying "I am Sasha Cohen, and I approve this message".

One would think she is approving the entry by having it posted on her OFFICIAL website...

ATTN Sashadoras

What's that supposed to be? A new kind of animal? :rofl:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Red Dog, please accept my appoligies . On one hand I was upset with you for being negative about Sasha's journal and then I turned around and said negative things to you.

It's all good...don't worry about it. I was actually directing my angry posts at Fossi though. But that's another thing.

Let Sasha and other skaters do what they want with their journals. One doesn't have to believe the remarks or even bother to read them.

ITA. Let the fans soak it up; I don't think anyone who is not a Sasha fan will get much meaning out of her journals. (At least, I don't think so. I mean, who else besides an ardent fan of hers would care about what movie she saw, for example?) They are lucky to even have her posting journals anyway.

Mathman said:
Aha! You want her for yourself!

Wow, that's laughable :rofl: Name almost any of the (female) skaters you guys talk about here and I'll take her over Cohen. Someone else can have her :p

Fossi

Final Flight
Reddog,
Should I beg you not to be mad because I thought Millie was mean to you? :rofl: You really need to chill out and relax. I don't care who you like. I was teasing you on one hand and trying to tell Millie she was lumping you in a group of haters when you aren't a hater. I think you know that.
I never pictured you as the uptight kind.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Fossi said:
Reddog,
Should I beg you not to be mad because I thought Millie was mean to you? :rofl: You really need to chill out and relax. I don't care who you like. I was teasing you on one hand and trying to tell Millie she was lumping you in a group of haters when you aren't a hater. I think you know that.
I never pictured you as the uptight kind.

She apologized, it's all good and all over now. :sheesh:

It just never gets past me how people love to label others as (blank) fans, and insult skaters and fans of certain skaters. Not addressing you in particular. I was just a little fed up, that's all. It's been happening for years now.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Oh, it was NOT JUST YOU. IIRC some people a while back actually used "sasha fan" as a derogatory term, and it has stuck somehow.

gezando

Final Flight
IIRC actually some people used the terms Michelle fans and Sarah fans as derogatory. They spun this pop psychology non sense theory that Michelle and Sarah fans are middle age over weight women who have issue with insecurity. They spun the theory that these MK and SH fans were jealous of cheer leaders when they were in high school, and since Sasha Cohen looks like a cheer leader, these MK / SH are rejecting SC. OTOH, they claim that Sasha fans have no issue with insecurity, therefore they do not feel threaten by Sasha's cheer leader like looks. How derogatory is that

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
gezando said:
IIRC actually some people used the terms Michelle fans and Sarah fans as derogatory. They spun this pop psychology non sense theory that Michelle and Sarah fans are middle age over weight women who have issue with insecurity. They spun the theory that these MK and SH fans were jealous of cheer leaders when they were in high school, and since Sasha Cohen looks like a cheer leader, these MK / SH are rejecting SC. Now that isderogatory

I don't recall that happening...while that very well may have happened somewhere, there were also certain Kwan fans (and maybe other fans as well who didn't like Cohen) throwing around the label "Sasha fan" to anyone who didn't worship MK or whom they didn't like or get along with. I know because I got slapped with it once (and still am...? :sheesh: )

Red Dog - You may not have a favorite skater but you are overprotective with Sasha even when things are said in jest. That's ok. I am overprotective of Sarah's perceived underrotated jumps.

Sashadora was bantered around when Kwaniac was the mode for calling those gushy Kwan fans. Not a big deal.

Joe

R.D.

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
Red Dog - You may not have a favorite skater but you are overprotective with Sasha even when things are said in jest.
Joe

How so?

I only get defensive re. SC when people call me a fan of hers, 'cause I'm most certainly not. In fact I've more dislike for her than many other skaters (note the difference between dislike and hate). Actually I might respond the same way for many others. I will say she seems to get a bad rep here, and although I agree with a lot of posters with their comments about her, every time I don't agree I'm called a rabid fan. But that's just the way things seem to work, I guess...

I state my opinion on threads; if you see that as being "overprotective" then I don't know...:confused:

Peggy

On the Ice
Not to make anyone angry but isn't this thread suppose to be about Sasha's journal updates and not about her fans or nonfans?

I for one, don't care if Red Dog is a fan or not. I think you should fight it out in another thread.

millie

Medalist
Figure Skating, In my opinion is starting to become the WWF (World Wrestling Federation) between fans or that it's become so boring that we are fighting with each other verbally. How come in almost every thread, of all the figure skaters in the U.S., Sasha is always the one that gets most of the flack(except Sarah because of her so called weight problem). She can't even write a note in her journal for her fans without being rapped on. Worlds is only a few weeks away, instead of being so negative about the skaters, you should be proud of them representing your country. Sasha is not our enemy, why treat her that way. Good Luck to all the skaters and I wish them well.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If fans didn't wrangle, there would be no need for discussion boards like this.

Peggy

On the Ice
millie said:
Figure Skating, In my opinion is starting to become the WWF (World Wrestling Federation) between fans or that it's become so boring that we are fighting with each other verbally. How come in almost every thread, of all the figure skaters in the U.S., Sasha is always the one that gets most of the flack(except Sarah because of her so called weight problem). She can't even write a note in her journal for her fans without being rapped on. Worlds is only a few weeks away, instead of being so negative about the skaters, you should be proud of them representing your country. Sasha is not our enemy, why treat her that way. Good Luck to all the skaters and I wish them well.

Millie, You are a breath of fresh air.

gezando

Final Flight
Sasha Cohen is the most protected skater in GS. The owner of SCF, and another Cohen forum - general skatingorum is a moderator here. One of the oither moderator is a self newly minted Sasha lover. Then there are uber defender like Millie here :rofl: I hope millie will breathe some fresh air to clear her imagination a bit

millie

Medalist
gezando said:
Sasha Cohen is the most protected skater in GS. The owner of SCF, and another Cohen forum - general skatingorum is a moderator here. One of the oither moderator is a self newly minted Sasha lover. Then there are uber defender like Millie here :rofl: I hope millie will breathe some fresh air to clear her imagination a bit

gezando---are your fingers so tired of trashing Sasha on GS that you have to start trashing her so called uber fans(by the way I looked uber up in the dictionary and couldn't find a meaning for it). Haven't you every imagined what it would feel like if your so called favourite :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: figure skater evers wins the OGM.

gezando

Final Flight
millie said:
her so called uber fans
the hat fits, millie wear it

Obviously your fingers are not tired from trashing your least favorite skater :rofl:
. Haven't you every imagined what it would feel like if your so called favourite :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: figure skater evers wins the OGM.
Tara is still my favorite, Sarah is still my favorite, so I don't need to imagine. You are the one who is trash talking about Cohen willj win olys 06. So keep tempting the skategods millie

gezando said:
One of the other moderators is a self newly minted Sasha lover.
Joe? Toni? :rofl: Gez, you know my new love can't ever take the place of my first love!

Millie, to look up "uber" you need to look in a German dictionary.;)

MM:)

gezando

Final Flight
Mathman said:
l: Gez, you know my new love can't ever take the place of my first love!

MM:)

MM, I don't care who is your new or first love, my point is that Cohen is the most protected skater here at GS :)

gezando said:
MM, I don't care who is your new or first love, my point is that Cohen is the most protected skater here at GS :)
I think that's true.

Speaking for myself only, and not necessarily for the other moderators, what I generally try to "protect" skaters from on GS is criticism that becomes uninterestingly repetitive. When people start saying the same things over and over whenever a particular skater's name comes up, that gets boring to the other members pretty fast. So, to me, it's time to move on.

Now if anyone has an original criticism of Sasha, that's a whole 'nother thing.

Mathman

millie

Medalist
gezando said:

Isn't in our human nature to protect those who cannot protect themselves. gezando, you have to be honest with yourself and know that for some reason Sasha is the one that gets most of the negative flack. It is not only the negative remarks but some people are down right mean. Another thing has there ever been a figure skater so perfect, that they have not ever fell throughout their career. They have all fallen, but they get up and go on, without giving up.