Sasha Cohen's Journal Updates | Golden Skate

Sasha Cohen's Journal Updates

S

SkateFan4Life

Here's a link to the journal updates from Sasha Cohen's official website. The latest entry was made on February 13, so it's a "real" update.

I think the tribute she wrote for Angela Nikodinov and her mother, in her write-up on Nationals, was quite lovely.

http://www.sashacohen.com/journal.shtml

Nothing planned for Valentine's Day? Come on, all you dashing young men, what are you waiting for?

Mathman

R.D.

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Nothing planned for Valentine's Day? Come on, all you dashing young men, what are you waiting for?

Mathman

Ha, you're kidding right? :laugh:

Nothing new, really...just the same old same old...

millie

Medalist
Red Dog said:
Ha, you're kidding right? :laugh:

Nothing new, really...just the same old same old...

Red Dog, Sasha writes in her journal to keep in touch with her fans. If you're not interested in what she has to say, don't read it! So that it won't be the same old same old! Give the girl a break!

Fossi

Final Flight
:agree: That was kind of mean! RedDog is a Sasha fan and often will post links to her journals on this site. Please don't be mean to him. He really does like Sasha. He's just in hiding about it. :rofl: We love you RdDog!

R.D.

Record Breaker
millie said:
Red Dog, Sasha writes in her journal to keep in touch with her fans. If you're not interested in what she has to say, don't read it! So that it won't be the same old same old! Give the girl a break!

Wow, I was just expressing a thought...I wasn't intending to ruffle any feathers here...

that said,in my opinion she DOES tend to write the same old and go over the top in her comments...

That was kind of mean! RedDog is a Sasha fan and often will post links to her journals on this site. Please don't be mean to him. He really does like Sasha. He's just in hiding about it. We love you RdDog!

If you insist, check this one out:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8057

Looks like certain posters apparently MUST label people fans of a skater to make themselves and THEIR favorites look better. Will this never end? Maybe it's just wishful thinking. Then again, it probably is. :sheesh: :mad:

Oh yeah, I don't need you to stand up for me, I can stand up for myself... :laugh: :yes:

Fossi

Final Flight
Calm down Reddog. I don't understand you're post, but can tell you're mad. I still like you as a fun poster.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Fossi said:
Calm down Reddog. I don't understand you're post

Alrighty then, I'll break it down for you in simple words. I AM A NON-FAN, MEANING I AM NOT A FAN OF ANY PARTICULAR SKATER, ALRIGHT?

(Sorry to yell, but I'm really tired of this.)

millie

Medalist
Red Dog said:
Alrighty then, I'll break it down for you in simple words. I AM A NON-FAN, MEANING I AM NOT A FAN OF ANY PARTICULAR SKATER, ALRIGHT?

(Sorry to yell, but I'm really tired of this.)

Red Dog, please accept my appoligies :cry: :cry: :cry: . On one hand I was upset with you for being negative about Sasha's journal and then I turned around and said negative things to you. :) :) :) :)

ChiSk8Fan

On the Ice
Same old, same old

Actually, for Sasha, "same old, same old..." would be a very good thing---same old training, same old daily run throughs of her programs, same old, same old consistency in training. It's very difficult to train at such a high level so consistently, and that is what will make great competitive performances.

Train, train, train, all to meet in less than 4 weeks in Moscow.

My own opinion about Journals and it is not exclusive to Sasha is that the skaters really have nothing to say. They are much too involved in skating and their families, their coaches, their choreographers, and anything else relating to skating. Not at all about the outside world. And somehow I believe little of what they are saying. It is more than likely, imo, that someone else does the writing and she approves or her family approves.

Sasha and other skaters have a one thing purpose in life at a young age.

Joe

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't believe Sasha even writes what you see in her journal. I think it's a product of her PR team.

swannanoa54

On the Ice
Well, joesitz, you can't say that! She adopted a Soldier, went to a birthday party for twins, went to see a couple of movies and her sister visitied. So must be something other than skating that she's doing.

I like reading the journal entries. I think they're :rofl: in some respects and informative in others. Good for her for doing it whether she writes them or not. We don't know that either. But good on her!

Hikaru

Final Flight
I think skaters, whether it is Sasha, Alexei, Johnny or any other that keeps a journal on their website, I think they do write their own entries. I've read in interviews in the skating magazines, in the case of Sasha (which was the one that had an interview some issues ago) that she sends her entries to the webmaster that updates the site, and they post it. The entry seems normal to me, just to keep the people visiting the site informed on what she has been doing lately. I don't expect to read anything that is more personal on anybody's journal, especially when they are on-line :p. If we are not to believe what the skater wrote, then who are we to believe? Anyway, it's nice to read what they are up to. :)

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
It is more than likely, imo, that someone else does the writing and she approves or her family approves.
May be there should be a little video at the end of each entry saying "I am Sasha Cohen, and I approve this message".

jesslily

Final Flight
Certain entries of Sasha's journal were written by herself while others maybe were wirtten by her parents or her web master. You can see the written styles in different entries are different.

gezando

Final Flight
IMO whether she wrote all the entries or not, anything that is post on her official website is endorsed by her.

Fossi ;) :rofl: about fans in closets

realistic51 said:
Well, joesitz, you can't say that! She adopted a Soldier, went to a birthday party for twins, went to see a couple of movies and her sister visitied. So must be something other than skating that she's doing.

I like reading the journal entries. I think they're :rofl: in some respects and informative in others. Good for her for doing it whether she writes them or not. We don't know that either. But good on her!
ATTN: Sashadoras - My writing about Sasha was just because it was the subject of the topic. I don't believe ANY skater with a journal is completely writing entries into a journal without supervision from family and certainly the PR man. Any statement by a real celebrity is also monitored by family and PR man. How could you believe anything else? As for interviews, like the President of the US, it is rehearsed for any possible questions that may come before hand. Certainly, we know what Peter would ask. Sometimes there is a slip up in an interview but never in a journal.

Let Sasha and other skaters do what they want with their journals. One doesn't have to believe the remarks or even bother to read them.

Joe

S

SkateFan4Life

Ptichka said:
May be there should be a little video at the end of each entry saying "I am Sasha Cohen, and I approve this message".

You've been watching too many political television commercials, Joe! But then, on the other hand, so have all of us! :rofl:

Personally, I think Sasha does write her own journal entries. She seems like a poised, articulate, intelligent person, so it's not a stretch of the imagination to see her sitting at a laptop and writing these entries.

Of course, I could be wrong. Perhaps her "team" takes care of this task.