Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze

Status
Not open for further replies.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
https://www.instagram.com/p/CDUc3gDpHth/
Anatolyi Samokhvalov, famous journalist of R-Sport newspaper, he took that last interview with Plushenko:
„I have talked to Plushenko, who’m I respect. But I couldn’t congratulate him. To me it’s obvious it’s not the case for applause. Good luck to Evgeniy, Sasha and Aliona, and patience to Eteri. I have no worries about her luck.“

Spectator
She'll be fine, though no doubt the first time she falls some will say "she's finished, I told you so!" I must say aside from the triple axel her skating and overall performance quality seemed to atrophy last year, a change of environment and some fresh ideas may benefit her greatly.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
{deep breath}

Look, in the end, it's like with Trusova or any other skater, whether I like them or not. These girls have a sports-business arrangement with Tutberidze from which they and she benefit, but they only have a short time - for Russian ladies, now a couple of years! - to capitalise on their gifts and maximise the benefits before going on to an uncertain future.

They have an absolute right to severe that relationship - as she does and as she holds fiercely to - and take their gifts and their potential elsewhere if they believe it will be better for their future. Might they be wrong? Sure. Everyone who takes a step into the future runs that risk. But it is their lives and their futures.

These girls aren't Yuzuru Hanyu, who can shine for over two quads and make millions even before he leaves competition, getting his degree online at the same time. They aren't Yuna Kim, who shone for just as long and has made millions since she retired. They aren't Nathan Chen, who can by the grace of his own talents and the arrangements US elite athletes have, study for a non-skating future while he gets what rewards for skating are available in his country. They aren't Michelle Kwan, who could reap the rewards of a then very well paid professional career. They aren't even Plushy himself, who makes a very nice living and career being the Russian legend. And they aren't Eteri, whose career is comfortably going to last a hell of a lot longer than the girls she trains, raises... and replaces, and who will find plenty more do do it for and to.

My opinion, for what it's worth -? They have the right to do the best they can for themselves, whether it seems 'disloyal' or selfish or ruthless (hmmm, wonder where they learned that?) or whatever. And if they choose to do it at a distance, given the hurt hissy fits every time, I can't blame them for that either.

Alex D

Record Breaker
I have to admit, it can be quite interesting reading the thoughts of fans in sports. The part of the "skater x did like the post, while y did not and therefore those must be on the list" was my favorite I believe. ;)

I dont want to join the gossip part, but would like to point out that an athlete is not anyones property and can always move somewhere else, if he or she is unhappy with the situation. After all, an athlete only has a few years and you want that time to be used wisely and usually the athletes who stick forever with someone, will be the ones who stop progressing.

Yes, from a fans perspective, sticking around, being grateful is a noble thing to do and from a coaches perspective you feel happy if you can bring someone to the gold, after all its also a way of gaining reputation. But as an athlere, you always look for things to improve and maybe Alena wanted to improve something.

Dont be so harsh on that girl, nor on her coaches be it former or current. :thumbsup:

starlight97

Final Flight
Oh Alena, oh no...
What a hot headed, weird decision. Timing is completely illogical.

I must say I'm shocked at her ruthlessness towards Sambo.. staying with them for weeks after supposedly having made the decision, letting Daniil spend his time on her and give her 2 programs (if she uses them under Plushenko, that would truly be "disgusting" lol. But Daniil has said she has them on camera..)
She's my favorite skater and I saw her as a very smart girl, but this 1. Sounds like an impulsive decision driven my ego and emotions instead of logic... making a list of girls she doesn't want to share the ice with..? But then going to Plushenko to share with Trusova..? 2. Is very unfortunate behavior towards her old coaches

Helena b

Rinkside
Yes. And we are talking about it openly here. There was a thread about it for one week cca 2 years ago. LOL! That was a stupid article in Daily Mail!!! based on his wife's words. But she didn't say that exactly that was so exaggarated plus they added some tales in the article. You can be sure Sasha Plushenko adores his father his relationships is so warm. Everybody can see it and not for the camera you can see many captured moments on them. https://www.instagram.com/p/CB2bA3AIBK6/ Can you imagine this with a cruel dad? You can select in that woman account. Who has connect with them, who knows them say how great father he is. Skaters from his shows, famous Russians. What do you think Sasha Plushenko can be ambassador of some brands if that would be true?? If you wan to know more things about it we can talk in privat.

I didn't read any articles, I watched a video interview where Yana says that they beat the boy with the belt when he misbehaves and lock him in a dark room. No translation mistakes, misquoting or exaggerations. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CvQKuJVLXg You can see the reaction of the interviewer, even if you don't speak Russian.

But I got the answer I wanted, thank you. Plushy fans will defend him even if he beats someone in public, I guess. A brilliant coach for young girls.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Oh Alena, oh no...

I must say I'm shocked at her ruthlessness towards Sambo.. staying with them for weeks after supposedly having made the decision, letting Daniil spend his time on her and give her 2 programs (if she uses them under Plushenko, that would truly be "disgusting" lol. But Daniil has said she has them on camera..)
She's my favorite skater and I saw her as a very smart girl, but this 1. Sounds like an impulsive decision driven my ego and emotions instead of logic... making a list of girls she doesn't want to share the ice with..? But then going to Plushenko to share with Trusova..? 2. Is very unfortunate behavior towards her old coaches
Again thats what eteri and co say if it is the truth we dont know because plushenko said the opposite, why exactly would aljona stay and learn 2 new programms when she already knew she would never skate them? Completely illogical . What i think isnmore probable that mabye the first time she thought about changing was in may since her favorite trainer and the one responsible for her having a stable 3a left with sasha to plushenko, and when she didnt get the 3 back like she needed and wanted to she may have made the descision 2 weeks ago. If that is what happenend than nothingnruthless about it

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

eliana

On the Ice
I didn't read any articles, I watched a video interview where Yana says that they beat the boy with the belt when he misbehaves and lock him in a dark room. No translation mistakes, misquoting or exaggerations. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CvQKuJVLXg You can see the reaction of the interviewer, even if you don't speak Russian.

But I got the answer I wanted, thank you. Plushy fans will defend him even if he beats someone in public, I guess. A brilliant coach for young girls.

Extraordinary !!! Attention dear parents! Plusenko is a monster!

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
{deep breath}

Look, in the end, it's like with Trusova or any other skater, whether I like them or not. These girls have a sports-business arrangement with Tutberidze from which they and she benefit, but they only have a short time - for Russian ladies, now a couple of years! - to capitalise on their gifts and maximise the benefits before going on to an uncertain future.

They have an absolute right to severe that relationship - as she does and as she holds fiercely to - and take their gifts and their potential elsewhere if they believe it will be better for their future. Might they be wrong? Sure. Everyone who takes a step into the future runs that risk. But it is their lives and their futures.

These girls aren't Yuzuru Hanyu, who can shine for over two quads and make millions even before he leaves competition, getting his degree online at the same time. They aren't Yuna Kim, who shone for just as long and has made millions since she retired. They aren't Nathan Chen, who can by the grace of his own talents and the arrangements US elite athletes have, study for a non-skating future while he gets what rewards for skating are available in his country. They aren't Michelle Kwan, who could reap the rewards of a then very well paid professional career. They aren't even Plushy himself, who makes a very nice living and career being the Russian legend. And they aren't Eteri, whose career is comfortably going to last a hell of a lot longer than the girls she trains, raises... and replaces, and who will find plenty more do do it for and to.

My opinion, for what it's worth -? They have the right to do the best they can for themselves, whether it seems 'disloyal' or selfish or ruthless (hmmm, wonder where they learned that?) or whatever. And if they choose to do it at a distance, given the hurt hissy fits every time, I can't blame them for that either.

Skaters like Tarusina and Tsurskaya who left the sport at 16-17 yo probably knew that with the current field, if past 16-17yo you aren't getting big results you likely won't ever and won't make big money. Besides, figure skating is an hard and expensive sport. Better to quit early enough to study and have a good non-skating career.
Many people wants "long careers" but very few skaters actually (no matter the country) can have a long at the top, medalling every time. And not everyone wants or can skate 5 years finishing off podiums most of time, not having sponsors, not making money but spending money.

readernick

Medalist
I agree that Alena's decision was likely motivated by her struggle to regain her 3A. She likely felt that the coach that helped her learn it before could also help her get it back. It is a very logical decision for her.

However, this is all speculation and in the end Alena has the right to decide who she wants to be her coach. It is her life, her career... her decision.

Gabby30

On the Ice

Just as Eteri is..... and look how her fans are always defending her, even with the evidences of how she treats her young girls.

I don't even care much about Plushenko, but it's so ridiculous how some people use the same story over and over again to "prove a point" . And the story doesn't even have anything to do with him as a coach lol
What comes next? Should we cancel Yuzuru because he admires the "abuser" Plushenko? Because, following your logic, he supports this kind of behaviour, right? XD

dhjh811

On the Ice
Oh Alena, oh no...

And you believe all this? Eteri and Daniil contradict their own narrative. Aliona has not even commented on the situation yet.

Thrashergurl

On the Ice
I’m confused. Didn’t both girls start out with another coach and then go to Eteri? So why the drama because they’re moving on again? It’s okay for Eteri to take other coaches skaters, but a crime when those skaters don’t think she’s a good fit for their goals?

Let these girls make the decisions for their careers! Eteri is looking like a bitter woman

McBibus

On the Ice
Some Observations:

1)
Aliona won everything last year so (contrarily from Sasha) she would have no apparent reason to not trust the team entering the new season.

2) We know she hold Rozanov in high consideration both for the rinkside support and (if I'm not wrong) because he's the one who worked on her trixel after her injury with exceptional results. (worst trixel last year was a step out at NHK)
I always had the impression that Aliona was protective over Sasha and Sasha was always supersweet and caring with Aliona.
Combined that would mean that when Sasha/Rozanov moved she would wonder if would be best to follow them, but as already said she trusted her current school and staying looked like the best and more logical solution

3) The persona non grata list and Aliona being OK to train with Sasha are only apparently contradictory.
The way Eteri wrote seems like Aliona would not like to train with half of the group; that sounds like bull***t to me.
There could be one skater she does not like to work with and she may have told that to the coaches.
It could happen in individual sports, it's not even strange and would explaing why she would have no problem working with Sasha.
Does not seems enough to leave a team that lead you to international gold coming from nothing.

4) Deciding to leave in May, traning with the "wrong" team for two months and then create this situation makes no sense.

My conclusion is that something happened in July that convinced her she has no future at Sambo and that something is most probably related to jumping.
If it's true that she has not recovered her trixel yet, neverless started working on a quad that's reason enough to leave.
Without Trixels the gold list of Aliona last season would have stopped at Finlandia trophy.
If she's convinced that Rozanov could restore her Trixel back that's more than enough for deciding to leave, even midseason (midseason of a non season so totally away from competitions btw)
That would also explaing the "I won't train anymore here" (because it's pointless) statement and the growing irritation in the last day of training.

Aliona is driven by emotions: it does not mean they control her, she's tough and knows hot to channel emotions in growth and strenght, but their are a big part of her and the foundation of her great expressiveness and communication skills on and off the ice.

If what Plushenko says it's true (e.g. she contacted him out of the blue) I have no doubt that she already made up her mind before contacting him and it was only a check to see if the team was ok to work with her.

liv

Record Breaker
Thank you to Russia and the drama they bring to the figure skating world. I was getting very bored with the world and rarely checked the skating sites... but with this drama, thankyou, I now have something to occupy my time.

As for the situation... good luck to all involved. It was never going to last, the 3 of them together with the same coaches and choreographers. I always thought someone would leave, sooner rather than later... that it's 2 of the 3A is a bit more of a surprise. Neither Sasha nor Kosto's departures surprise me. I don't know if Plush can deliver what the girls need since he's never really focused on coaching before, but at least there is a chance for different choreography, more individual attention etc.. He's been given incredibly talented and driven athletes, so he will be under intense scrutiny/pressure...and should keep comments towards the best interests of the athletes. As for Eteri, I think she is the type who lands on her feet. I just wish she'd learn to keep her own council more when things go south, she's had enough experience with this, but for some people that's who they are and change is not going to happen.

When we eventually see some more skating, it will be interesting to see what happens. Not only will the 3A have grown a bit more physically/emotionally, but the on ice changes will make it interesting too.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary

First: Sasha Plushenko denied it himself. Plush just showed the belt but never used it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYdDwEt-xQU - PLUSHENKO IS NOT A CRUEL DAD!

You can think whatever you want who knows him a little bit knows the truth. Sasha Plushenko and his father adore each other. Their relationships is so warm we can see it in their every gesture.:luv17: glance, hugs, talkings. That can't be a theater. They are in a very little community no one can hide if wouldn't be everything Ok. And if you can think logically how can they hide it from the other pupils? OMG! So stupid!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5KFiG-oCQL/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4eTX_3I9DY/ cute

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3r810eobE9/ cuuute!

cute!!! https://www.instagram.com/p/B2yER_ujdZW/

with Titova https://www.instagram.com/p/B3OaylFBGhd/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B9bwnSnIzv9/

with Sasha:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1MY2qmITkQ/

they have little secrets https://www.instagram.com/p/CDGUT8fIArK/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4xMrv-naok Evgeni and Alexander

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFODbGO1poY - Evgeni Plushenko and Alexander. I love you more

I repeat you can think whatever you want but he is not a child abuser. On the contrary! You will have chance to check it. He will work as a succesful coach for long years. :laugh: You will have bad years or I recommend you try to know the reality. ;)

eliana

On the Ice
First: Sasha Plushenko denied it himself. Plush just showed the belt but never used it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYdDwEt-xQU - PLUSHENKO IS NOT A CRUEL DAD!

You can think whatever you want who knows him a little bit knows the truth. Sasha Plushenko and his father adore each other. Their relationships is so warm we can see it in their every gesture.:luv17: glance, hugs, talkings. That can't be a theater. They are in a very little community no one can hide if wouldn't be everything Ok. And if you can think logically how can they hide it from the other pupils? OMG! So stupid!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5KFiG-oCQL/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4eTX_3I9DY/ cute

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3r810eobE9/ cuuute!

cute!!! https://www.instagram.com/p/B2yER_ujdZW/

with Titova https://www.instagram.com/p/B3OaylFBGhd/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B9bwnSnIzv9/

with Sasha:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1MY2qmITkQ/

they have little secrets https://www.instagram.com/p/CDGUT8fIArK/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4xMrv-naok Evgeni and Alexander

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFODbGO1poY - Evgeni Plushenko and Alexander. I love you more

I repeat you can think whatever you want but he is not a child abuser. On the contrary! You will have chance to check it. He will work as a succesful coach for long years. :laugh: You will have bad years or I recommend you try to know the reality. ;)

My dear, it's good that you showed these pictures and videos. They are so sweet and some I hadn't even seen.

But I don't think we have to prove anything. Only the malevolent always return to that interview

Fourleaf Clover

Rinkside
Country
Philippines
Wooow... Just when I thought that things are getting boring, and now THIS!
Russians really know how to serve premium tea in diamond encrusted silver platter.

Maybe I should visit GS more often for quality entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.