Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze | Page 35 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze

Status
Not open for further replies.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
:)I apologize. I'm trying with all my might to understand what you mean by these words. I can't do it. Please explain in some way more understandable what your post says.

I will presume this is an honest request.

Read the previous comment. To the claim "I don’t think anyone dislikes Anna" I gave examples of claims that appeared in this forum about Anna, that are obviously directed at her as a person, not just on her "flaws", and also mentioned the critique that appears elsewhere and goes far above "just technique, not person" (and BTW I'm obviously not the only one who claimed that here in theis thread). Than there was a reaction wit the core statement "Maybe some figure skating fans just prefer good technique, not everything has to be personal." Though I see the user chose to ignore the examples. The complaints about Anna having endorsements, about being elected by a magazine among five most beautiful ladies etc. (which all appeared here very recently BTW) have nothing to do with just "prefering good technique", those are purely personal things, so just saying "not everything has to be personal" is ridiculous. Even if not everything has to be personal, there is a lot of what actually is personal, which was the original idea of the reaction to the claim "I don’t think anyone dislikes Anna". I hope I made myself clear.

Now I hope I won't be once again attacked for "persistent defending of Anna" or something similar just because I replied to a question. One never knows here.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
Satoko Miyahara for example. And she was criticised a lot here when she was winning against skaters with far less prerotation. Maybe some figure skating fans just prefer good technique, not everything has to be personal.

That is not a correct statement. What you can read on this forum is that Satoko scores actually should be higher. 'Good technique' or whatever you wanna call it and define it by yourself is in question only when particular skaters are in topic (first it was about Zhenya, then about Alina and Anna). So let's not lie ourselves.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I will presume this is an honest request.

Read the previous comment. To the claim "I don’t think anyone dislikes Anna" I gave examples of claims that appeared in this forum about Anna, that are obviously directed at her as a person, not just on her "flaws", and also mentioned the critique that appears elsewhere and goes far above "just technique, not person" (and BTW I'm obviously not the only one who claimed that here in theis thread). Than there was a reaction wit the core statement "Maybe some figure skating fans just prefer good technique, not everything has to be personal." Though I see the user chose to ignore the examples. The complaints about Anna having endorsements, about being elected by a magazine among five most beautiful ladies etc. (which all appeared here very recently BTW) have nothing to do with just "prefering good technique", those are purely personal things, so just saying "not everything has to be personal" is ridiculous. Even if not everything has to be personal, there is a lot of what actually is personal, which was the original idea of the reaction to the claim "I don’t think anyone dislikes Anna". I hope I made myself clear.

Now I hope I won't be once again attacked for "persistent defending of Anna" or something similar just because I replied to a question. One never knows here.

It's very disappointing because the criticism of her is endless. Even in alionas transfer thread.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
That is not a correct statement. What you can read on this forum is that Satoko scores actually should be higher. 'Good technique' or whatever you wanna call it and define it by yourself is in question only when particular skaters are in topic (first it was about Zhenya, then about Alina and Anna). So let's not lie ourselves.
There is a reason why Satoko or Anna get technique complaints rather than say Alyona. It's not entirely random. Some skaters actually have better technique.

readernick

Medalist
I think many believe Satoko deserves higher PCS scores. I don't think people believe her jumps deserve higher GOE. There have been so many posts about her tiny jumps. The difference is the amount of pushback the criticism gets. Most Satoko fans are aware her jumps don't deserve high GOE and generally don't argue with posters who point this out. Pointing out Anna's technical issues will result in a number of users attacking the person doing the criticizing and claiming it is personal, that poster just hates Eteri, hates it when Russians win...blah blah... It always ends the same. I like Anna. I don't think she has good skating skills, and she has edge issues. If I point that out, I will be accused of all kinds of personal biases. This doesn't happen when I point out other skater's (non-Eteri skaters) weaknesses.

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
Um, when I watch videos of Anna I usually watch her performances (not interviews), very often I watch her jumps in 0.25 speed and I count the rotations of her jumps. What is the personal about that? I do this with many skaters and If they have good technique I like them and If they do not have good technique - I do not like them.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
There is a reason why Satoko or Anna get technique complaints rather than say Alyona. It's not entirely random. Some skaters actually have better technique.

So, give me the posts where people who complain about take off are talking about Satoko, or Shoma, or Vincent and compare that to Anna's complains. What i also was witnessing watching the competitions is that Alyona and Anna lutz edge is judged totally the same in the past, to the point of time when Anna started to jump lutz as a quadruple, Yet i've never seen someone complain about Alona lutz edge (when their lutz edges are practicaly the same). Nobody ever called Wakaba a flutzer, even all lutzes in her career are judged as that etc etc So, for people who are watching competitions, that pattern of commenting things (against or pro someone) is rather obvious.

readernick

Medalist
So, give me the posts where people who complain about take off are talking about Satoko, or Shoma, or Vincent and compare that to Anna's complains. What i also was witnessing watching the competitions is that Alyona and Anna lutz edge is judged totally the same in the past, to the point of time when Anna started to jump lutz as a quadruple, Yet i've never seen someone complain about Alona lutz edge (when their lutz edges are practicaly the same).

There are complaints about Alyona's lutz edged in this very thread. Go back a few pages.

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
I think many believe Satoko deserves higher PCS scores. I don't think people believe her jumps deserve higher GOE. There have been so many posts about her tiny jumps. The difference is the amount of pushback the criticism gets. Most Satoko fans are aware her jumps don't deserve high GOE and generally don't argue with posters who point this out. Pointing out Anna's technical issues will result in a number of users attacking the person doing the criticizing and claiming it is personal, that poster just hates Eteri, hates it when Russians win...blah blah... It always ends the same. I like Anna. I don't think she has good skating skills, and she has edge issues. If I point that out, I will be accused of all kinds of personal biases. This doesn't happen when I point out other skater's (non-Eteri skaters) weaknesses.
This. Great post.

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
Agree.
Edit: Plus I notice that many of Anna's fans are extremely rude. If you point out her flaws they are never going to agree with you, they will try to change the topic - blah, blah, blah she is not the only skater with such flaws or they will personally attack you. Like one of the users here who told me that the things I post here are nonsense. :) And all this when I have not had personally attack him myself.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
There are complaints about Alyona's lutz edged in this very thread. Go back a few pages.

How many of them, comparing to complains about other skater (when both lutzes were getting the equal numbers of ! sign by the judges)? Even that your comment is just telling how you are subjective, when you didn't get what i was saying in first place.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
So, give me the posts where people who complain about take off are talking about Satoko, or Shoma, or Vincent and compare that to Anna's complains. What i also was witnessing watching the competitions is that Alyona and Anna lutz edge is judged totally the same in the past, to the point of time when Anna started to jump lutz as a quadruple, Yet i've never seen someone complain about Alona lutz edge (when their lutz edges are practicaly the same). Nobody ever called Wakaba a flutzer, even all lutzes in her career are judged as that etc etc So, for people who are watching competions the pattern is obvious.
With Satoko, Shoma, as well as Anna people complain about prerotation and full-blade takeoffs, I am not sure what you are getting at with "compare that to Anna's complains". Even fans of these skaters don't generally claim they have textbook jumps.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So, give me the posts where people who complain about take off are talking about Satoko, or Shoma, or Vincent and compare that to Anna's complains. What i also was witnessing watching the competitions is that Alyona and Anna lutz edge is judged totally the same in the past, to the point of time when Anna started to jump lutz as a quadruple, Yet i've never seen someone complain about Alona lutz edge (when their lutz edges are practicaly the same). Nobody ever called Wakaba a flutzer, even all lutzes in her career are judged as that etc etc So, for people who are watching competitions, that pattern of commenting things (against or pro someone) is rather obvious.

{blink} {blink} You were here for the months/year following the Olympics, weren't you? One would have thought our poor OSM never actually got his skates to leave the ice for the whole program from some of the complaints.

Vincent's URs are all I know about him, and that from this very forum.

readernick

Medalist
With Satoko, Shoma, as well as Anna people complain about prerotation and full-blade takeoffs, I am not sure what you are getting at with "compare that to Anna's complains". Even fans of these skaters don't generally claim they have textbook jumps.

Shoma is my favorite. There are threads, YouTube videos, and many posts on this site pointing out the technical issues with his 4F. I still think he is a wonderful skater, but never argue with the criticisms of his 4F. It does have bad technique. I like Satoko for her music ability,SS, performances. I don't think any of her jumps deserve good GOE. When people point this out, I agree. I really like Aliona. Her 3Lz ( and her i-spin) don't deserve high GOE and she is misjudged on these elements. She gets GOE inflation. Anna is musical and a good performer. She had 4 lutzs in her program. None of them are real lutzes. I like her. I don't like the judges ignoring the obvious issues with her Lzs. I also think her SS are rather weak. All of these issues have been. pointed out on this website many times, the difference is how the fans of each skater respond to the criticism.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker

And who is saying that Anna's lutz should get maximum points. Yet people are still complaining about it. Did any of you take the time to see how her lutz is actually judged comparing to those other skaters?

lesnar001

Record Breaker
Agree.
Edit: Plus I notice that many of Anna's fans are extremely rude. If you point out her flaws they are never going to agree with you, they will try to change the topic - blah, blah, blah she is not the only skater with such flaws or they will personally attack you. Like one of the users here who told me that the things I post here are nonsense. :) And all this when I have not had personally attack him myself.

What????
All of a sudden you are playing the innocent victim????

Regarding Anna's endorsements....
I have no idea why she has them. :) If I had to decide I would have given them to other skaters (with good technique, of course).

Let me explain. Many people dislike Anna because of her excessive pre-rotation (both triples and quads) and poor skating skills. Most of her jumps have no significant height nor significant distance. (In another FS forum people are saying that she can barely jump over a newspaper.)

https://youtu.be/8RU-KJmOFg8
This is one of the worst channels on youtube. I swear.
Anna and Alina are in TOP 5 Most Beautiful Russian Girls/Women.
People in comment section are writing:"Yes, they are loyal and grateful", "they have inner beauty too", etc.
This TOP 5 is a joke. Alyona Kostornaya is the best looking Russian girl.

Looks to me like you are using Anna's technical flaws as an excuse to bash her personally.

I have seen many posts critiquing Anna's flaws. Some done in a nice way. Some not so nice, but still limited to her technique.
I have seen very few posts like yours.

Heck, I even remember a thread a few months ago that had nothing to do with Anna, lutzes, or technique for that matter.
And you still managed to jump into that thread flailing away at Anna and her lutzes.

So please don't include yourself with other posters who have legitimately voiced criticism of Anna's technique, or her scores.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
They complain when all of the above get more points that they think justified.

So, they should just read the rules about figure skating and judging protocols based on it. I do not see anybody complaining why the earth is the shape it is, for that matter.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So, they should just read the rules about figure skating and judging protocols based on it. I do not see anybody complaining why the earth is the shape it is, fot that matter.

{sigh} They do. And they have applied said rules as they understand them and they still think differently from you. Please don't try to tell me that you have never ever disagreed with a single judging decision for any skater anywhere, because it is too early in the morning for me to swallow that from anyone.

readernick

Medalist
So, they should just read the rules about figure skating and judging protocols based on it. I do not see anybody complaining why the earth is the shape it is, fot that matter.

According to the judging rules, Anna's lutzs should be receiving. either ! or e. After the letter from the Russian federation, they aren't getting the correct calls. That is not just and people don't like it. Constructive criticism isn't hate. You seem to believe it is, and to be unwilling to except the evidence that all skaters with technical issues that are uncalled/ not punished by the judges are going to get some criticism. Yes, even Wakaba. Search YouTube for Wakaba 3Lz and the first 3 videos are videos criticizing her lutz edge。I can't speak for other posters, but I certainly hold no personal dislike for Anna. I appreciate her good qualities. No skater is perfect, each will receive criticism online. Reasonable fans can accept the critcism and still support a skater. I still love pre-rotated 4F Shoma, despite the loads of YouTube videos criticizing his technical issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.