Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze | Page 36 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia leaves Tutberidze

Status
Not open for further replies.

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
What????
All of a sudden you are playing the innocent victim????

Regarding Anna's endorsements....

Looks to me like you are using Anna's technical flaws as an excuse to bash her personally.

I have seen many posts critiquing Anna's flaws. Some done in a nice way. Some not so nice, but still limited to her technique.
I have seen very few posts like yours.

Heck, I even remember a thread a few months ago that had nothing to do with Anna, lutzes, or technique for that matter.
And you still managed to jump into that thread flailing away at Anna and her lutzes.

So please don't include yourself with other posters who have legitimately voiced criticism of Anna's technique, or her scores.
:)
Bye.

readernick

Medalist
What????
All of a sudden you are playing the innocent victim????

Regarding Anna's endorsements....

Looks to me like you are using Anna's technical flaws as an excuse to bash her personally.

I have seen many posts critiquing Anna's flaws. Some done in a nice way. Some not so nice, but still limited to her technique.
I have seen very few posts like yours.

Heck, I even remember a thread a few months ago that had nothing to do with Anna, lutzes, or technique for that matter.
And you still managed to jump into that thread flailing away at Anna and her lutzes.

So please don't include yourself with other posters who have legitimately voiced criticism of Anna's technique, or her scores.

I do have to agree and have urged above poster in the past to rethink the way his/her criticism is phrased. It should never be about disliking a skater on a personal level. Technical flaws have no relationship with the value or quality of a person. They only relate to the scores they should be receiving.

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
I do have to agree and have urged above poster in the past to rethink the way his/her criticism is phrased. It should never be about disliking a skater on a personal level. Technical flaws have no relationship with value or quality of a person. They only relate to the scores they should be receiving.
I do not care about her as a person at all. The person Anna does not exist for me. But the skater Anna I dislike immensely. So... I do not agree with her records, medals, titles and endorsements.
(I do not think either that she is one of the most beautiful Russian ladies.)

ali0125

On the Ice
Country
Australia
So, give me the posts where people who complain about take off are talking about Satoko, or Shoma, or Vincent and compare that to Anna's complains. What i also was witnessing watching the competitions is that Alyona and Anna lutz edge is judged totally the same in the past, to the point of time when Anna started to jump lutz as a quadruple, Yet i've never seen someone complain about Alona lutz edge (when their lutz edges are practicaly the same). Nobody ever called Wakaba a flutzer, even all lutzes in her career are judged as that etc etc So, for people who are watching competitions, that pattern of commenting things (against or pro someone) is rather obvious.

First, Aliona doesn't have perfect deep lutz edge, but last season her edge is improving.

Second, if we deflate the "fluzt" factor in the field, Aliona is still the champion and Anna probably won't even hit the podium. Ladies like Liz and Rika who have textbook techniques will move up. They are the real VICTIMS of the so-called Eteri-flation. However, history shows only good techniques last long. And that's why more and more Eteri girls are leaving her.

readernick

Medalist
I do not care about her as a person at all. The person Anna does not exist for me. But the skater Anna I dislike immensely. So... I do not agree with her records, medals, titles and endorsements.

She is a teenage athlete, as is Aliona. We don’t need adults to comment on their personal appearance. It isn’t appropriate or related to their skating. Comments on technique is fine, but saying “I dislike her” implies personal dislike. A better phrase would be, “I am not drawn to her skating,” Please rethink the way you phrase things.

NadezhdaNadya

Final Flight
First, Aliona doesn't have perfect deep lutz edge, but last season her edge is improving.

Second, if we deflate the "fluzt" factor in the field, Aliona is still the champion and Anna probably won't even hit the podium. Ladies like Liz and Rika who have textbook techniques will move up. They are the real VICTIMS of the so-called Eteri-flation. However, history shows only good techniques last long. And that's why more and more Eteri girls are leaving her.
Agree.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
{sigh} They do. And they have applied said rules as they understand them and they still think differently from you. Please don't try to tell me that you have never ever disagreed with a single judging decision for any skater anywhere, because it is too early in the morning for me to swallow that from anyone.

Let's not change the subject. Which is the way of 'complaining' about particular skater. It's very simple after all. If people are defending some particular skater, they must feel how that skater is attacked in first place. The difference i can speak is from my own perspective - nobody ever for 5064 posts i wrote here have never complained to me about my words addressed to any skater. So, why is then the case that people are addressing how some posters are 'attacking' that skater, no matter what their perspective is. If i think that any particular skater is 'attacked' and i want to 'defend' her, then let's say that the problem is in me. If that makes it easier to understand.

readernick

Medalist
Let's not change the subject. Which is the way of 'complaining' about particular skater. It's very simple after all. If people are defending some particular skater, they must feel how that skater is attacked in first place. The difference i can speak is from my own perspective - nobody ever for 5064 posts i wrote here have never complained to me about my words addressed to any skater. So, why is then the case that some people are addressing how some posters are 'attacking' some skater, no matter what their perspective is.

One poster is “attacking”. This poster is the only poster I have ever seen make comments about Anna that go beyond constructive criticism. So, if all of your complaints are about said poster that is fine. Those comments aren’t appropriate, but I get the impression you dislike all criticism of Anna and that just isn’t reasonable. You are the one changing the topic after Tally intelligently addressed your claim that people just need to read the protocols and after, I , and other posters provided proof that other skaters do get criticism ( lots of it) for their technical issues that aren’t called by judging panels. ( and I am not even talking about pre-rotation which is open to interpretation in the rules, I am just discussing edges which clearly should be called according to the ISU rules)

Scott512

Record Breaker

Anna exists for you. But you don't like her or her skating. Okay. Not liking her skating is your choice but not liking Anna is perplexing to us. Do you find an arrogant or someone who is mean to others? I think I can answer that for you. Nyet! But she's one of the favorites for Bejiing gold like it or not.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Anna exists for you. But you don't like her or her skating. Okay. Not liking her skating is your choice but not liking Anna is perplexing to us.

I repeat (or did I say it elsewhere this morning?) Not one of the major skaters doesn't rub some fans the wrong way. There's not one single celebrity in the world that probably doesn't.

Guys, this is “ Aliona leaving Eteri” thread... Not “Anna is hated” thread...

Good point.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
One poster is “attacking”. This poster is the only poster I have ever seen make comments about Anna that go beyond constructive criticism. So, if all of your complaints are about said poster that is fine. Those comments aren’t appropriate, but I get the impression you dislike all criticism of Anna and that just isn’t reasonable.

Maybe I just think i know what 'constructive' criticisms really are. They (in my world) certainly don't include (one particular or even any other particular) skater's name to begin with.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Guys, this is “ Aliona leaving Eteri” thread... Not “Anna is hated” thread...
Aliona is getting to work with young Sergei so she must be flying around the ice!

The pandemic has affected everybody in the world even athletes who are young and brilliant like Alena. I'm still amazed that she lost her jumps especially her triple axel during the pandemic. But we need to remember people like her and figure skaters in general are only human prone to the same problems regular people have.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I repeat (or did I say it elsewhere this morning?) Not one of the major skaters doesn't rub some fans the wrong way. There's not one single celebrity in the world that probably doesn't.

Good point.

Why would any figure skater rub someone the wrong way? Anna isn't crazy or a politician or a controversial movie star. There's no reason she should be rubbing anyone the wrong way. We like some skaters more than others just like everyone here but I have no one I have disdain for or who rubs me the wrong way.

I'll give you all a for instance
If Some people prefer Anna and her quiet classy demeanor to others it doesn't mean others rub them the wrong way.

I just hope flanker is not reading nadezdas posts about Anna. His head will explode! 😮😡

colormyworld240

Medalist
That letter was mainly motivated for Anna’s quad lutze calls, Rusfed guy even said that in an interview

Source? I remember it coming out after Alina and Alena skated one of their GPs, I believe IDF. I don't recall if they named either specifically, though.

Edit: see nussnacker's post. It was confirmed the letter was motivated by Alina and Alena's calls at IdF and not related to Anna's 4Lz calls or the judging of Liza (which was also deemed harsh by some) at CoC.

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Man, there must've been a "straw that broke the camel's back" incident that happened in July for Kostornaia to leave so abruptly.

Up until now, the narrative has been that "declining" skaters left Tutberidze camp. Now even skaters at the top leave her before they get the OGM.

colormyworld240

Medalist
Man, there must've been a "straw that broke the camel's back" incident that happened in July for Kostornaia to leave so abruptly.

Up until now, the narrative has been that "declining" skaters left Tutberidze camp. Now even skaters at the top leave her before they get the OGM.

My opinion is that it was because of the 3A. A few weeks ago, Alena said that she hasn't been able to get the 3A back, then the split happened. From the interviews on both sides prior to the split, it seemed like everything was going well with the programs; the coaches liked them and Alena liked them (and even if it was a white lie that some are suggesting, Alena didn't dip when she got the choreography given the timeframe). It would be sense if that were the case as Alena has credited Rozanov with teaching her the 3A, so she'd want to work with him again.

But so far it's all speculation. For Sasha, we had the interview where she more or less said that there was a clash between her and the team. They wanted to limit the number of quads she did, and Sasha didn't want the limit, so she left for a coach whose goals aligned with hers. With Alena, maybe there will also be an interview so we can hear the actual reasons from her.

Amei

Record Breaker

Rozanov left earlier this year, Kostornaia credited him with helping her get the triple axel, so she might have been struggling May-July to get it back and decided she needed to be with the coach that helped her get it last year.

Tutberidze may need to consider her stance on not allowing the skaters to do the things they want. They wanted Trusova to focus on going clean vs. attempting to throw every single quad she had, but that wasn't what Trusova wanted to do, at some point take the approach that it's the skater's career on the line; I don't think if Trusova failed to win any major titles would have reflected poorly on Tutberidze's record, she's built a resume that she helps create champions and honestly letting Trusova doing her own thing and it not resulting in championships would work to Tutberidze's advantage with other skaters "look, we let her do her own thing going against our recommendations and she failed to win, this is why you do it our way". Kostornaia on the other hand, if Tutberidze's statement is true (and it's the only version of events we've been provided at this point) then honestly I don't see how it was a salvageable coaching relationship unless Kostornaia changed her mind

readernick

Medalist
Why would any figure skater rub someone the wrong way? Anna isn't crazy or a politician or a controversial movie star. There's no reason she should be rubbing anyone the wrong way. We like some skaters more than others just like everyone here but I have no one I have disdain for or who rubs me the wrong way.

I'll give you all a for instance
If Some people prefer Anna and her quiet classy demeanor to others it doesn't mean others rub them the wrong way.

I just hope flanker is not reading nadezdas posts about Anna. His head will explode! 😮😡

I have to agree. What could Anna possibly do to make someone dislike her? I dislike two skaters personally. One who was known to be violent to his ice dance partner and the other who engaged in unacceptable behavior with a minor. Other than that, I like some skaters skating much more than others but it doesn’t influence my opinion of them as people.

readernick

Medalist
My opinion is that it was because of the 3A. A few weeks ago, Alena said that she hasn't been able to get the 3A back, then the split happened. From the interviews on both sides prior to the split, it seemed like everything was going well with the programs; the coaches liked them and Alena liked them (and even if it was a white lie that some are suggesting, Alena didn't dip when she got the choreography given the timeframe). It would be sense if that were the case as Alena has credited Rozanov with teaching her the 3A, so she'd want to work with him again.

But so far it's all speculation. For Sasha, we had the interview where she more or less said that there was a clash between her and the team. They wanted to limit the number of quads she did, and Sasha didn't want the limit, so she left for a coach whose goals aligned with hers. With Alena, maybe there will also be an interview so we can hear the actual reasons from her.

Very reasonable post. It would be interesting to hear Alena’s thoughts, but I hope she doesn’t feel pressured to comment if she would prefer to keep her thoughts to herself. It is all her decision and she doesn’t owe anyone an explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.