Aviator | Golden Skate

Aviator

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I just saw this movie. I thought it was pretty good. Leonardo Di Caprio was very good as Howard Hughes. I imagine this movie will bring home a few Oscars, as this is the type of movie Hollywood goes for.

Antilles

Medalist
I finally saw this movie today. It's a good film. DiCaprio did a great job. He deserves his Oscar nomation. I like Cate Blanchett as Katharine Hepburn, too. She definitely had the accent down.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I really enjoyed this movie. A bit larger than life, but then again, so were the people portrayed: Hughes, Hepburn, etc.

Yes, bigger than life and Scorcese will win the Oscar because I believe he is overdue. Did he win the Oscar for Raging Bull?

In Aviator, did they actually mention his last love, Terry Moore of Mighty Joe Young fame?

Joe

Antilles

Medalist
Scorsese has never won an Oscar. Since Eastwood did for Unforgiven, I think that clears the way for Scorsese to win this year.

No mention was made of that last love. In the film, Ava Gardner is his last love. Keep in mind, the film does not cover his whole life. It ends around 1947.

Thanks for the info Antilles. As for Terri Moore she should have been mentioned because he married her before he went bananas all together. I remember she was fighting for the money.

Joe