Russian Junior Test Skates, 10-19 August 2020, Novogorsk | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Russian Junior Test Skates, 10-19 August 2020, Novogorsk

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
6. Kaganovskaya/ Angelopov, skating to She caught the Katy (and Everybody needs somebody) by The Blues Brothers

Flutzel

Rinkside
This is my first time following the test skates, is it normal that everyone (?) is dancing last season's programs? Or is that more because of the Current Situation and resulting lack of practice time?

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
This is my first time following the test skates, is it normal that everyone (?) is dancing last season's programs? Or is that more because of the Current Situation and resulting lack of practice time?

It is due to the current situation. The finnstep from last season is repeated this season so (nearly) everyone is keeping their RD. Usually the RD steps change each year.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker

2020/2021 Rhythm dance should be skated to Folk music, with pattern being a Westminster (for Juniors)/ Ravensburger (for Seniors) Waltz. Probably ISU decided to keep last year Finnsteps with Musical/ Broadway/ Oppereta theme for this season Rhythm dance too.
9. Tyutyunina/ Shustitsky, skating to La La Land

Flutzel

Rinkside
It is due to the current situation. The finnstep from last season is repeated this season so (nearly) everyone is keeping their RD. Usually the RD steps change each year.

Thank you for the explanation and to @Baron Vladimir, too! Yeah, that makes sense.

(Does that mean I will have to sit through My Heart Belongs to Daddy again?? :tantrum: (Although this season one is happy to see any skating at all.))

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
2020/2021 Rhythm dance should be skated to Folk music, with pattern being a Westminster (for Juniors)/ Ravensburger (for Seniors) Waltz. Probably ISU decided to keep last year Finnsteps with Musical/ Broadway/ Oppereta theme for this season Rhythm dance too.
9. Tyutyunina/ Shustitsky, skating to La La Land

There is a comm. 2314:
https://isu.org/figure-skating/rule...ments-for-technical-rules-season-2020-21/file

"Due to the COVID-19 pandemic many Skaters will not be able to prepare properly for the next season and it will be very difficult for them to learn new programs ... The Pattern Dances for all Novice categories and the Rhythm Dance for Juniors and Seniors will not be changed."

removof

On the Ice
What are your 3 favorites performances?

For me it's :
1) Elizaveta Shanaeva - David Narizhny
2) Irina Khavronina - Dario Chirizano
3) Sofia Tyutyunina - Alexander Shustitsky

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker

For me it's :

For me too, but i suppose Ushakova/Nekrasov and Davis/Smolkin will replace no2 and no3 if recover on time

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

For me it's :

I also liked Kaganovskaya/Angelopol. I remember Kaganovskaya from the first season of Ice Age Kids and I have some weak spot for her :)