Switzerland’s Paganini sets new goals after coaching change | Golden Skate

Switzerland’s Paganini sets new goals after coaching change

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the lives of many people and Switzerland's Alexia Paganini is no exception. In fact, the situation ultimately led to a coaching change for the 18-year-old in May when she left the United States, where she was born and raised, to move to her second home country. She is now looking forward to a fresh start with her new coach Stéphane Lambiel and his team.

More...

This year she has selected Beth Hart's "Caught out in the Rain" for the SP. The FS is to music from the soundtracks Hable con ella and Le di a la caza alcance. What are your thoughts on the music choices? What are your expectations, if any for improvement after the switch to Lambiel?

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can't wait to see how things go for Alexia. I enjoyed this article and hearing how her life is changing now that she is moving to Champery. It seems that she fits in well with the team there and is glad to have a little more structure to her training. Good Luck Alexia!

icetug

Medalist
I like her music for the new season very much. Beth Hart's song is really powerful and will help to build Alexia's picture as a mature and strong skater. And she's so energetic that Spanish tunes suit her well (please have another red dress, Alexia, you look beautiful in bold colors :)).

It's not difficult to fit in the Champery team as they are very welcome, I think the problem is Champery itself, especially for a girl coming from NY ;) (still remember Diana Nikitina's complains about how small the village is...). Hope Alexia finds it as beautiful and inspiring as Stephane, Deniss and Koshiro think about it.

Good luck for the new season, whatever it becomes :).

Sweettooth

Spectator
Thank you for this article! I'm looking forward to see what Alexia will achieve with this new environment. Yes, Champéry is small, but that can be a good thing, if you want to avoid distractions.

Sweettooth

Spectator
Thank you! I'll try to be more active in the future. Usually I only read and observe because I've got nothing much to contribute.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Perhaps she'll be like Aljona Savchenko: after a while realising how nice it is to live in the quiet (and she didn't think so at first). Nice article, and it seems Alexia's really getting along with everyone. She's one of the best European lady skaters at the moment (if you don't count the Russian ladies), and I enjoy watching her.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Anna Pogorilaya skated to the second part a few years ago!

Ohhhhhh, now I recognize the music, at least that part. Very dramatic and powerful music! Paganini needs to learn how to perform more, so I hope Lambiel is teaching her to emote with her face and extend her limbs and stretch to the fingertips, etc. Side note, I really really hope she doesn’t end the program with two back to back spins.