Kinsey | Golden Skate

Kinsey

Antilles

Medalist
I saw this film recently. I thought it was wonderful. The acting was great, and the first hour of the movie was hilarious. I'd higly recommend it. One warning though: if you don't like explicit sex talk, you'll want to avoid this one.

Kurt's Girl

Rinkside
Antilles said:
One warning though: if you don't like explicit sex talk, you'll want to avoid this one.

Heh, no kidding. I quite liked this one too. Liam Neeson did an incredible job in a role that could not have been the most comfortable one to play. The rest of the cast was wonderful as well. I'm not sure if this will be a little too contreversial to be a force on the awards circut, but it will be interesting to see what happens with it. From what I understand most of the reviews were very positive, so who knows?

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Didn't like it much at all. Thought it was cheesy and idealised.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Antilles said:
I'd higly recommend it. One warning though: if you don't like explicit sex talk, you'll want to avoid this one.

Explicit sex talk? No way! In a movie about a famous sex researcher! Say it ain't so! :laugh: :laugh:

Antilles

Medalist
I would hope that it's obvious, but last year when I went to see Bad Santa, I thought it should be very obvious that wasn't a children's movie. Apparently I was wrong, as there were numerous small children in the theatre (some making rather quick exits after the opening credits). So, I now like to point out the obvious in movies. :) This one also has full male frontal nudity, which is so rare I was shocked to see it.

Antilles said:
One warning though: if you don't like explicit sex talk, you'll want to avoid this one.
Apparently that was the way the book was received when it first came out. People bought the book and then covered it as if were one of text books at school. :)

Joe

Vash01

Medalist
I saw this movie a while back and thought it was very well done. I later discovered that Kinsey actually existed in real life.

brad640

On the Ice
Too bad this movie was mostly overlooked for awards this year, except for Laura Linny. Liam Neeson and Peter Sarsgaard should have been recognized as well. Liam did a great job portraying Kinsey's many contradictions, which was probably one of the reasons so many people did not like the movie or avoided it.

I haven't seen the movie but it is well documented that he brought to light that women have feelings that should be regarded as beyond the realm of housework. He also brought out that 10 per cent of the population have feelings for their own gender. If these points are not in the movie then the movie has failed to do a good biography.

Joe

Antilles

Medalist
Don't worry, Joe. They're covered. Having feelings for the same gender is something that's covered in quite a lot of detail.