A Movie Trivia Game of Sorts | Golden Skate

A Movie Trivia Game of Sorts

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
1. Pick 20 movies that you enjoy.
2. Pick a line of dialogue that you like.
3. As people guess the film, strike out that entry.
4. NO cheating!
if this game catches on, after this "round" is up we can have the person who got the most correct start the next "round"...
------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. "God creates dinosaurs, God destroys dinosaurs. God creates Man, Man destroys God. Man creates dinosaurs." / "Dinosaurs eat Man, woman inherits the Earth!" - Anya_Angie
2. "Look at me. Believe I'm a size, do you?"
3. "Sallah, I said NO camels. That's FIVE camels; can't you count?" - Aloft04
4. "Ouuuuuuuuuuuuu-ch" - Anya_Angie
5. "Can I kiss the monkey? *gags* Hack! ooo, hairball" - Anya_angie
6. "Wow. That's a really big butt!" - Aloft04
7. "I'm very little! You cheat very big!" 4dk
8. "I know, I know! We are your chosen people, but once in a while couldn't you choose someone else?" - 4dk
9. "God made the mountains, God made the sky. God made the people... God knows why!" (technically this is a lyric from a musical but still it's a movie)
10. "We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for." - JohnnyCoop
11. "Elizabeth's safe, just like I promised. She's all set to marry the Commodore, just as she's promised. And you're fixing to die for her, just as you promised. So we're all men of our word... except for Elizabeth who is, in fact, a woman." -anya_angie
12. "I am not a husband, I am not a father, and I am not a 911 man!! George, wake up!"
13. "But some people without brains do an awful lot of talking... don't they?" - Aloft04
14. "Can I stay with you?" / "What??" / "Can I stay with you, *please*?"
15. "But deep down we're all really cats, right?" / "No. NO. Deep down, I'm a dog."
16. "Stupid is as stupid does, SIR!" - anya_angie
17. "One TSP. What's a TSP???" / "One teaspoon." / "Oh Yes! Of Course!"
18. "Remain seated please! Permanecer sentados, por favor!" - Aloft04
19. "Magic Mirror on the wall, who is the fairest one of all?" - JohnnyCoop
20. "Well, he's, uh, not as dead as we coulda hoped."

Last edited:

Aloft04

On the Ice
3. Indiana Jones (I think the first one maybe?)

13. Definitely Wizard of Oz! Positive of this one.

18. It was a Barbie doll talking, so maybe Toy Story?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Aloft, I'll let you have all three as none of the movies are repeated in this
#3 is from Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade
#18 is from Toy Story 2 (did you know they have Toy Story 3 in the works now and it'll be out sometime in 2007????????)

[edit] I lied one of the movies that has more than one part has another quote up there

Last edited:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
10 - Dead Poets Society (this is a shot in the dark guess as I've never actually seen it)

6- Shallow Hal (ditto)

19- Snow White?

8, 16, and 20 are familar to me, but the actual movies aren't coming.

Aloft04

On the Ice
Number 6 - didn't one of the fish say that line in Finding Nemo ??

Number 8 sure sounds Mel Brooks-ish to me, but I still don't know it.

anya_angie

Final Flight
1. You don't meet a girl like that every dynasty. 4dogknight
2. Somewhere in the middle of all this I fell in love with you. 4dogknight
3. "You couldn't kiss me like that and not mean it just a teensy weensy bit!" / "Meet the greatest actor in the world, I'd rather kiss a tarantula!" 4dogknight
4. Learn if this deliverer be myth or man. If a myth bring him to me in a bottle. If a man, bring him to me in chains. iluvtodd
5. No indeed, it is hardly possible to seperate you even when he is summoned to a secret council and you are not. 4dogknight
6. "Do you really think I'm royalty?" / "You know I do." / "Then stop bossing me around!" 4dogknight
7. You think I hurt my child? You think I'm a bad mother?
8. Please help my people, the poor and downtrod, I thought we all were the children of God. (song lyrics) 2loop2002
9. "Well, if it ain't my little buddy Benny. I think I'll kill him." / "Think of my children!" / "You don't have any children." / "Someday I might." / "Shut up!" 4dogknight
10. Picture this: A rustic hunting lodge, my latest kill roasting over the fire, my little wife, massaging my feet, while the little ones play on the floor with the dogs- we'll have 6 or 7. Tonichelle
11. They say you come to Vietnam and understand a lot in a few minutes, but the rest has got to be lived. They say whatever it was you were looking for, you will find here. 4dogknight
12. Put aside the ranger. Kurt'sGirl
13. Intelligence is not a privelage, it's a gift.
14. "What'd you do this time?!" / "Well, I- I haven't done anything to anybody - lately." 4dogknight
15. The only time I feel fear as others do is when I think of you in harm. 4dogknight
16. My wife was not supposed to have a child! 4dogknight
17. "Buenos noches, Senor!" / "Buenos noches... so that's why you made it a fiar fight!"
18. Back home everyone said I didn't have any talent. 4dogknight
19. We'll always have Paris. Kurt'sGirl
20. The poor have only one advantage: They know when they are loved for themselves. 4dogknight

Last edited:

anya_angie

Final Flight
1 is Jurassic Park!
5. (not an exact quote I might add) Aladdin
11. (not an exact quote) Pirates of the Carribean
16 is Forrest Gump

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
anya_angie said:
10. Picture this: A rustic hunting lodge, my latest kill roasting over the fire, my little wife, massaging my feet, while the little ones play on the floor with the dogs- we'll have 6 or 7.

that would be Gaston from the movie "Beauty & The Beast" :agree:

Kurt's Girl

Rinkside
8. Prince of Egypt

12. Is my favorite character, Elrond, in "Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King" (the whole line is, "put aside the Ranger. Become who you were born to be.")(NOT that I am a LOTR fangirl or anything :) )

19. What else--the immortal "Cassablanca"

4dogknight

Final Flight
From Anya_angie's list:

1 - Mulan
2 - The Cutting Edge
3 - Singing in the Rain
5 - LOTR - The Fellowship of the Ring
6 - Anastasia
9 - The Mummy
11 - The Quiet American
15 - The Village
16 - The Ring
18 - An American in Paris
20 - Anastasia

Note: #19 also applies to American Wedding

4dk - who is stumped on the rest and most of Tonichelle's with the exception of:
7 - Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
8 - Fiddler on the Roof

anya_angie

Final Flight
Very good 4dog, but with 6 and 20, which Anastasias are you referring to? *grin* year please.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
anya_angie said:
4. Learn if this deliverer be myth or man. If a myth bring him to me in a bottle. If a man, bring him to me in chains.

7. You think I hurt my child? You think I'm a bad mother?

I thought #4 was from "The Ten Commandments." .

Is #7 from "Kramer vs.Kramer?"

There is a lyric in there from "The Hunchback of Notre Dame." #8 I think the song is "God Help the Outcasts."

Last edited:

anya_angie

Final Flight
Bout time someone got #4!

No, 7 is not from Kramer vs Kramer (never saw that movie)

I would give a hint... but it's pretty late at night. ;)

4dogknight

Final Flight
You are right, I should have cited my sources, mea culpa, mea culpa
anya_angie
Very good 4dog, but with 6 and 20, which Anastasias are you referring to? *grin* year please.
6. "Do you really think I'm royalty?" / "You know I do." / "Then stop bossing me around!"
1997 Animated film starring voices of Meg Ryan, John Cusack and Christopher Lloyd

20. The poor have only one advantage: They know when they are loved for themselves.
1956 film starring Ingrid Bergman, Yul Brenner and Helen Hayes

4dk

4dogknight

Final Flight
From anya_angie's list:

I know 14. "What'd you do this time?!" / "Well, I- I haven't done anything to anybody - lately." is from "The Mummy Returns".

And the quote, 7. You think I hurt my child? You think I'm a bad mother?, is very familar. Is it from "A Cry in the Dark" starring Meryl Streep and Sam Neill?

4dk