Record Breaker
Starting tonight American Idol is on 3 days a week

Guys sing tonight
Girls tomorrow
the kick off is on Wednesday

:rock:

anya_angie

Final Flight
The best performances were Kiss From A Rose and the Marc Anthony song, I loved them. The others were okay... Drift Away was awesome.

Too bad in this competition talent isn't the only issue.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
anya_angie said:
The best performances were Kiss From A Rose and the Marc Anthony song, I loved them. The others were okay... Drift Away was awesome.

Too bad in this competition talent isn't the only issue.

I definitely agree about Constantine - Kiss from a Rose! Best performance. I also liked the fellow who sang Moon River. It was a real surpirse. Did not like the Marc Anthony song.

anya_angie

Final Flight
Moon River was great at first then he butchered the melody... there WAS no melody. Big disappointment after Paula or whoever said that that was what she liked about him in the first place. :(

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
it might have been the only version of the song that American Idol could afford to use...

I thought it was the wrong song, but I thought he was very good... I gave him a few votes. My aunt does not allow mass voting for 2 hours... which is going to suck later on in the season!

I like Constantine, but did not like his song

Bo surprised me with an awesome voice last night (the long haired Rocker)

Jill

On the Ice
I didn't vote last night, and probably won't until it gets down to the end, but I like the way they're doing it this year, first the guys, then the girls. It seems a little more fair and balanced. I wonder if that's how it will end up?

anya_angie

Final Flight
What I think is funny about the show and voting is that a lot of people voting are kids from 8-14 who know nothing about music.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
considering that's the age group "pop" stars are made for it doesn't surprise me

they're the ones going to buy the albums

the top 12 will be made up of 6 guys and 6 girls... that way we don't end up with only 4 guys like last season

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I don't know about "knowing nothing about music"............people like who and what they like to hear, regardless of age. It's personal preference and has nothing to do with how old you are....................42

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
As a former member of the Bobby Sherman and David Cassidy fan clubs I can assure you that 13 year olds have EXCELLENT taste in music! :rofl: ;) :rock:

Tereza

Match Penalty
Whatevetr you do don't vote for Fat-F*** a.k.a. Scoot Savol, He is a jerk and looks like a pig.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
That was a bit harsh don't you think? I assume you know him personally to know that he is a jerk? Rueben, Clay, and Fantasia do not have the usual "idol look" whatever that is yet did very well. Grow up!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Tereza, as a "fat" person I take offense to the "fat-f***" comment.

Ruben is morbidly obese and I don't see why "fat" has anything to do with someone's personality

the guy is cocky, but I think it's a wannabe bad boy image thing for him... I don't like him, but he has a decent voice.

Tereza

Match Penalty
I am sorry but I love the name they gave him at the Survivor Sucks Forum.... I :rofl: everytime I hear it and it's him. I am sorry if I offended anyone. He is just so ugly and annoying, and his personality will keep him from being the American Idol. Clay, Rueben, and Fantasia are good looking people. But Scott is the ugliest person I have seen.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
To quote my late Grandmother...."Pretty is as pretty does". Of course a board with "sucks" as part of it's title is sure to be overrun with intelligent, classy people.

Last edited:
Piel, I'm from the Bobby Sherman and David Cassidy era myself! We've got great taste now and did, then, too, didn't we!!!

And do please calm down with the criticisms of Scott. Don't judge a book by it's cover....you might miss out on the most important person or best friend of your life if you do that. And he doesn't sing all that badly, either.

My favorites of the night for the men were Bo, Constantine and Anwar.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Tereza said:
I am sorry but I love the name they gave him at the Survivor Sucks Forum.... I :rofl: everytime I hear it and it's him. I am sorry if I offended anyone. He is just so ugly and annoying, and his personality will keep him from being the American Idol. Clay, Rueben, and Fantasia are good looking people. But Scott is the ugliest person I have seen.

Clay is not half as attractive without his hair and makeup artists, he's said as much, and from pictures I'd agree. While not "dawg ugly" he wasn't anywhere near as attractive at the beggining of the show

Bo, I feel, is less attractive for me because the long hair does nothing for me and I think of a dirty ol' man. I've always equated bad things with guys with long hair. Doesn't make it true.

Ruben, yes, has the teddy bear quality, but talk to someone else and because of his size he is not attractive (and with his shaved head I'm not too attracted LOL)

Fantasia is thin, but that doesn't make her any more attractive than all the other thin people in this world

thin does not equal beautiful

and seeing as how this is a SINGING competition, get over the looks. If you close your eyes you won't get "disgusted" by seeing a "fat" person on your screen (OMG, how could they even THINK about giving fatties a chance!)