Totmianina and Marinin on Oprah Tomorrow | Golden Skate

Totmianina and Marinin on Oprah Tomorrow

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Thanks, hope I don't forget!
Don't forget Scott H. on Today tomorrow.

Thanks for the news. They have improved greatly this year as I saw in Skate America despite the fall. It will be an interesting competition in Worlds.

Joe

childfreegirl

Final Flight
This is OT, but I clicked the arrow to see the next feature or whatever about the woman with the tumor and holy crap! :eek:

They did a fine job. I watched it. He was perfectly apologetic in public by taking the blame. You had to feel for both of them.

Do they train in Chicago? or was this an Oprah paid trip?

Joe

ChiSk8Fan

On the Ice
T & M in Chicago

Yes, it seems they have happy conditions training in the Chicago area. They are here now, making an Oprah appearance easy to schedule, as they are taped. I was actually surprised they returned between Torino and Moscow, but maybe training in Russia is too difficult and/or crowded right now.

They seem happy with their arrangements in the area, which has a surprisingly high number of quality facilities in the cities and towns right around Chicago (as well as a large Russian and Ukrainian immigrant population). I live in Chicago, and can choose from six quality rinks to skate at within a 30 minute trip, most only 15 minutes, from my home. There is plenty of good ice, ice time and support for them here.

I am hoping that they skate well for them, and demonstrate their evolving mastery of Pairs Skating and their continued improvements and excellence. Their skating is completely different experienced in person versus television, and is absolutely gorgeous when they are "on". My hope is that they will be recognized for their superior overall skating and spinning and jumping skills and retain their world title, and go on to win the Olympics.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I saw it, too. It was cute how Maxim lifted Tatiana right into the air, before they went on stage. I hope they do great in Moscow at Worlds. :yes:

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
childfreegirl said:
This is OT, but I clicked the arrow to see the next feature or whatever about the woman with the tumor and holy crap! :eek:

:rofl:
Yeah, that was something wasn't it?! 8/