Stars On Ice--Philadelphia | Golden Skate

Stars On Ice--Philadelphia

I attended the SOI show in Philly last night. My husband and I were in on-ice seats.
The show was FANTASTIC this year! One of the top 3 of the 11 we've been to.
I'm not a great review writer but I'll make some comments.
I loved the music. I've read a lot of complaints that there was "too much rock/popular" music in the show. Not in my opinion!
Alexei's "scarf hanging" was fantastic. He looked in total control. It got a lot of ooohhhs and aaaahhh's from the crowd. My husband and I enjoyed it immensely.
I have to agree with the gossip about Sarah being on the heavy side. But she did not seem to be having any trouble keeping up and I thought she skated with GREAT JOY and GRACE!
Katia's numbers were wonderful, Jamie and David's were great. I even enjoyed Mike Weiss, and I am not really what you'd call a "fan" of his.
I just cannot say anything negative about the show at all....except it was over with too quickly!
My husband and I got to shake Elena and Anton's hands at the end of the show.
If you'd like, you can view my photos here:
http://community.webshots.com/album/282754292xwMNTH

Thanks for the reivew. Your Todd board is really cool, with all those flashing signs and stuff. :agree:

Mathman

Tara, it was great to meet you, too, tho it was so breif...hubby really needed to eat something for dinner as he'd rushed home from work, jumped in the shower and out the door we went for the show!
I can't wait to see Gail's photos of us as mine turned out way too dark as I had the flash taped because I didn't want to goof and flash in one of the skaters faces while taking pics!
Great review and as Mathman says, great Todd board!

njtoddfan

Rinkside
My pics came out pretty good... if you want to send me a private message with your email address, I can forward them to you.

Thanks for the nice comments about the Todd board... I'm not the owner of it, but she runs a nice, friendly atmosphere... we have a lot of fun there!!!