VCR Alert Monday the 28th (Tara) | Golden Skate

VCR Alert Monday the 28th (Tara)

IDLERACER

Medalist
Tara Lipinski reputedly will be guesting on "Still Standing" Monday evening at 8:00 PM on CBS.

In the Eastern time zone the Four Continents coverage is from 10:00 to midnight. So we can catch Tara at 8 and still settle in for skating later.

MM

R.D.

Record Breaker
Tonichelle said:
actually it's ESPN2!!

oops, my bad. Well, Four Continents, ESPN2, 9:00 (central time I think). Die-hard skating fans, don't miss this one as there will be more unknown skaters here. Personally, I may make vids, but other than that I'm waiting until worlds.

Red Dod, Fumie's long and short programs were both extraordinary, everyone is saying. So if you want to make a video, that would be the one.

MM

Lipinskifan19

Rinkside
Tara's episode of Still Standing was pushed back to March 7th.
I didn't know four continents was tomorrow! I can't wait to see Fumie!

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope I'll be able to see 4CC. I have satellite, and we're expecting a major nor'easter to hit this afternoon and tonight. When there's heavy snow or rain, the dish sometimes can't receive the satellite transmission.

So I watched Still Standing anyway just to see what the show was about. Not even for Tara will I watch that again, LOL.

Then, sure enough, as Chuck foretold, the satellite went out in a snowstorm while Evan Lysacek was skating and never did come back on. All I saw was a bad performance from Li.:mad:

Mathman

Last edited:

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I forgot about it and didn't get any taped until 45 minutes into it. It was during B & A's skate. So mad at me.

Last edited:

IDLERACER

Medalist
Lipinskifan19 said:
Tara's episode of Still Standing was pushed back to March 7th. I didn't know four continents was tomorrow! I can't wait to see Fumie!
Thanks, that explains her absence. I taped it and after about five minutes, fast forwarded through the rest, looking for her. The acting on this show is only a couple of notches higher than 7th Heaven (extremely faint praise). :disapp:

I saw a trailer for the episode last night. It showed Tara making out on a couch with some boy, with a voiceover about about "special guest star Tara Lipinski." She looked very nice.:)

Mathman

I thought she did fine. She was as good as any of the other actors were. I think she can do this.

The story line was a little uncool, however. At the end, Tara wouldn't go out with the boy because he could twirl a baton, hence he must be a sissy.:sheesh:

Mathman

IDLERACER

Medalist
I wonder if all those cracks about 80s teen comedies are constant running gags on this program, because Jamie Gertz is the mother and the son looks and acts like Kirk Cameron. This show is virtually undistinguishable from any of the other Fat-Guy-Married-To-Hot-Wife sitcoms that are all the rage right now, with the exception of "The Simpsons" and "Family Guy," which are genuinely funny.

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I was watching this program by accident with my family while we were cooking dinner... and my dad actually noticed that it was tara lipinski. I didnt recognize her! I think she did pretty well in her limited role. Go tara.