American Idol Feb. 28-March 1. | Golden Skate

American Idol Feb. 28-March 1.

Tereza

Match Penalty
I didn't realize Constantine was on Elimidate until today... Not to mention we see his pasty chest and he has short hair and looks different. Well I am going vote for Connie from now on though he ruined a Seal song....

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I thought Bo rocked the house on Monday night and everyone else paled by comparison. He was fantastic. Bo's pure, natural talent (and absolutely gorgeous voice) is making it obvious how thin Constantine's is. Poor guy, he's trying so hard to be the bad rocker, but with that think tenor thing going on, it's not happening. Also, I hate to pick on a physical aspect of anyone but someone get that boy some Crest whitestrips!

Interesting that in last year's World Idol, the 3rd place finisher was a rocker from Belgium, Peter Evergard. (The winner was also a rocker with one of the finest voices I've ever heard, but he wasn't a hard rocker like Peter.) It will be interesting to see if America will vote for a rocker.

Scott has a really beautiful voice. I cannot believe that the judges ever mentioned ANYTHING about his physical appearance, considering that 1) they selected him; and 2) Not one of them EVER mentioned the obvious obesity of Ruben Studdard--'nuf said! (Talk about hypocrisy!)

My daughter's favorite is Anthony--he's very good. Her second favorite is Mario--he does nothing for me.

The ladies: Carrie definitely lost that "star quality" as the judges noted. It's funny how they ragged on her for not singing "her" style: country, yet they are always ragging on people for not trying some new style and for sticking with something safe. Just an observation!

I actually thought Aloha did a good job, I like her, but I understand that they found her too derivative of Alicia Keys.

I cannot believe how the judges fawned over Jessica Sierra! I was bored by her voice and by her presentation. I thought I could hear that on any cruise ship or at any karaoke night.

About Mikayla: She did a really good job with that song, one of my favorites. Her voice is very unique, and I love the quality. However, she needs voice lessons to fix some of the inadequacies and tensions, or she won't have a long-lasting voice. I would rather listen to her voice than last year's teen queen, Diana DeGarmo, who I could not stand to listen to at all.

Last edited:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
The ladies: Carrie definitely lost that "star quality" as the judges noted. It's funny how they ragged on her for not singing "her" style: country, yet they are always ragging on people for not trying some new style and for sticking with something safe. Just an observation!

Although she sang a Joplin song she sang it more in the style that Faith Hill did. IIRC it was one of Faith's first big country hits. So does that make her just.....a little bit country and a little bit rock and roll, LOL :biggrin: ?

I thought Bo was wonderful on Monday night. I also liked Anthony and Mario.
I thought Carrie did an okay job with the Joplin song. I didn't think it was good a performance as week 1, but not awful either.
I agree with RealtorGal's assessment of Mikalah, even tho her personality so far has annoyed me.

Did anyone else think that the womens voices were getting lost within the background music. I think Simon made the comment about it being like in a noisey club when Amanda Avila sang "Turn The Beat Around", that he wasn't sure if the whole song was in tune or not. I don't know if it's a case of the women not being able to get their voices out there to over-power the music or if the music is being played too loud. But there were several times where I just could NOT hear what the women were singing.

So far, even tho right now I'd put Carrie, Bo and Anthony at the top of the list, no one is really knocking my socks off.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I like Bo, a lot. But mom and I both think he sounds and looks a lot like Travis Tritt (and if they have country night I hope Bo is directed towards one of his songs).

I liked Carrie's performance... it was very much in the style of Faith Hill... the judges should be more diverse if they want a diverse group of twelve. If they didn't know that was Faith Hill's version then they shouldn't be judging a singing contest and change it to pop only JMHO

mom likes Travis....

I don't like Anthony... the whole "Second coming of Clay" is being used by Anthony. I don't care what he said... he wasn't saying that during auditions... and if it gets him votes he'd be stupid not to suck up to Claymates... but one Clay is enough for me, besides Anthony can't hold a candle to him

I like Constantine as a performer, however I wouldn't buy anything he or Bo put out so I am at a cross roads

Mikailah, I think got a kick in the pants last week. I don't think she realized there were a lot of people who hated her (as Simon said last year) "cutsie routine" and that when she shuts up and sings she's a whole lot better than when she talks... Simon is putting her in her place and if he can get her to change I *might* let her stay LOL

The judges rag on a least one person every season for their appearance. Clay and K-Lo got it on season two... annnnnnnnnddddddd I don't remember who got the brunt of it last season... I think they were busy bashing the teens lol

Simon has been very critical of Ruben's weight (especially after Ruben went off the diet to minutes after he was put on it) but it does no good, and *maybe* that's why they didn't bother with him during the show. Scott, on the other hand, knows he doesn't "look" the part... and that he "might" go the Clay Aiken route and get a complete makeover duing the course of his stay on the show.

Tereza

Match Penalty
I think Scott should definately go today. He doesn't hold a candle to Ruben Studdard. Sure he has a great voice, so did Ruben. Sure Scott is obese, but so was Ruben. Ruben looked good for his weight, Scott doesn't. Ruben had a good personality, Scott doesn't. The factors are weighing against Scott, and I am proud to say he will be leaving before the final 12.

I think Anthony Fedorov is good-looking, (me and Russian guys), but his voice isn't the best in the world. He is Clay V.2.0. Do we need another Clay?

Constantine Maroulis couldn't look more like Victor Kraatz if he tried. I used to think he was the prettiest thing in the world until I saw those teeth, and he was on Elimidate please? He couldn't sing to save his life!

I can def. see Travis, Scott, David, and Joe going this week and next...
I can def. see Janay, Celena, Nadia, and Mikalah going too.... but maybe not Mikalah, but please keep Amanda Avila in?

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Ruben looked good for his weight?!?! You can't mean that! That poor fellow won't reach the age of 30 unless he does something fast to lose weight. He could hardly move on stage, and from what I've read, he can't sing 2 songs in a row without being winded. This has really caused a problem for him in terms of his ability to perform in public.

Tereza

Match Penalty
Oops.... :eek:hwell: I have seen alot of people his weight and he ain't ugly. What about gastric surgery? I think that it what it is called.

Kasey

Medalist
I liked Anwar and Joe best, although Mario is a performer. I think it's not so much that he has 'the voice', but the performance.

Nadia I think is in a class of her own on the ladies side. Although I was very impressed with Mikalah this week, after being mildly annoyed by her last week. And I didn't think Carrie really lost anything this week. The other ladies I think just are not as striking, even if they have good voices.

Kasey

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I think Scott is trying to change his image. His hair is growing out, his beard frames his face, and his looks thinner to me. He seems more subdued too.....42

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
SPOILER

OMG I can't believe that Aloha got sent home :mad: ! How in the world did she get less votes then Janay???

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Hi Piel. I can't believe Aloha got the boot either. While I didn't like her performance this week nearly as much as past performances, I think overall she was one of the better ladies. At least she has some energy and style and her own personality. There are several others who I think either have lesser voices, or have decent voices but just no style of their own.

The men's competition is going to get really interesting by next week. There are SO many good ones with so many different styles. GO ANWAR! I liike his voice and his presentation. I have also enjoyed the interviews with him where he talks about his students and encouraging them to really go for their dreams. He strikes me as someone who would make a good American Idol in ways beyond just his singing and performing talent.

But of course being an old rocker myself, I also have to say GO BO.

DG

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Doggygirl said:
But of course being an old rocker myself, I also have to say GO BO.

I like Bo too. I didn't see the guys' night this week, but from the clip and what else I've seen, I like his style a lot and I hope he goes a lot further. He's the one that stands out the most to me.

I wasn't surprised to see Celena go home, but very surprised to see Aloha go. She isn't one of my personal favorites but she was certainly better than Janay.
I also wasn't surprised to see David go home. Altho I thought he appeared strong in the early auditions, he has fizzled out in the past two weeks.
The guys competition is going to get interesting for sure. Unlike the girls, IMO, the guys are so strong...it's going to be tight in the voting.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
judging by the different online AI sites... Janay is very popular because shes sixteen *teenage dopey fangirly squeel* even though Aloha is only 18... they feel more connected with Janay... she did a "good job" from what I've read... gag me

I haven't voted for the girls at all this season so I guess I can't complain :laugh:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Janay is kind of like this year's Diane Digarmo? Simon mentions that she is young and too rehearsed same complaints he had with Diane.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
It truly is amazing that Janay keeps returning. The only women I like are Carrie, Nadia & Jessica. The rest are all forgettable IMO. From now on it will be tough as to which of the men will leave. I'm guessing next week that Travis will leave & either Scott or ? Scott has a nice voice but he is handicapped by his appearance. But if it isn't him, I honestly can't venture a guess as to who would be eliminated. The rest are all talented altho their styles & voices vary. I wish the producers would replace the 3 judges tho. They've become too predictible.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Oh goodness I hope Travis doesn't go... my mom wants him to make it to the final round and win the whole thing... I don't think I could handle her whining if he lost LOL

Jill

On the Ice
Once again, I guess I'm in the minority. I like Scott. I thought it was a real hoot a few weeks ago when they had to sing in their groups. His mates were getting all huffy because Scott wouldn't practice with them. Then Scott was the only one who knew all the words to the song. I don't think he'll win, but I'll bet he finds work.

As far as Mikayla, consider me the half that thinks she is about as annoying as sand in the shorts.