most beautiful(and ugly!) skating costumes of all time !!? | Page 6 | Golden Skate

most beautiful(and ugly!) skating costumes of all time !!?

E

Ewdokia

Re: And then there's Stannick Jeannette

RealtorGal,

who's that little girl? Very sweet!!!

Q

QuadKingLuvr

love it

I just wanted to let you know that it is so enjoyable to read your comments about this subject. These threads never get old! -Ashley- P.S. Plushy's 'sex bomb' costume should have been illegal. Does he know he made a total a$$ out of himself?

P

Princess Leppard 625

Re: love it

Ah, but some of us love the Sex Bomb program and costume. It was funny and sexy at the same time. Personally, if Evgeni wanted to show up at my front door wearing nothing but golden underwear, that would be just fine with me. ;)

What does everyone think of Alexei's new costume? Hit or miss? (I don't have a link, sorry, just those of you who have seen it, go ahead and comment. thanks.)

Cheers,

Laura :)

R

RealtorGal

Re: And then there's Stannick Jeannette

I found it on the HARLICK.com web site. If any of you want to see some really neat old skating photos, go there and look under HISTORICAL PHOTOS. Many people identified themselves and others in the photos, such as this description of the cute little baby:

This cute little girl has been identified as Tasha Allen, by Linda Adams Garl. Tasha was 19 months at the time and is the daughter of Juanita Percelly Allen and Tommy Allen. They skated with Holiday on Ice and the photo was taken about 1978 or 1979. Thanks Linda for the update.

Here is an update from Tasha's father, Tommy Allen.
I just found the picture of Tasha Allen and would like to thank you for including her in your historical pictures. That Picture was taken while we were filming the Ed Sullivan show in Louisville, KY in 1969 and Tasha was about 18 or 19 months old. You had just made her the pair of boots she is wearing and probably wearing them for the first time. They were beautiful beige and helped extend her leg length in those years, which at her age were not long and beautiful. She did skate for awhile but decided that it was not for her. She grew up to be very pretty and eventually worked in the movie business where she met her husband Joe Guerino. They have presented Juanita and I with two beautiful grandchildren Gianna and Nicholas of which we are so proud of. Juanita lives in Brentwood Ca. and works on Rodeo Drive for Fendi an Italian clothier. I live in Phoenix, AZ and still teach skating. I love teaching and have been doing it since I left the Holiday on Ice tour in 1972, having been lucky enough to have had several National and International competitors and medallists in both national and international competitions. I want to thank Linda Adams for identifying Tasha and tell you I work with the other half of the Linda’s, Linda Sowell Stabler. Thanks again for the photo and the many memories of those wonderful years that Juanita and I spent with Holiday on Ice, and for all the pairs of great Harlick boots we both wore during those years. We still have the pair of boots you made for Tasha and they still look good.
Sincerely, Tommy Allen

Photo from Courier-Journal and Louisville Times.

R

RealtorGal

The baby

Dee, that is Scott Hamilton. What the heck was that all about?

D

Dee4707

Re: Unique Costumes

RealtorGal, are you talking about the picuture with the shirt over his head?? If so, that's Kurt Browning. I'm not sure why he did that.

Dee

D

Dee4707

Hi Laura, I like Alexei's new costume. Isn't that a surprise. I am so excited to see his new short program and possibly his costume then would make more sense. I love the music, Crazy Benny from the Safri Duo and I think he will do an excellent job to the music. Here are some pictures of his costume and his new girlfriend:

I get so confused about correct posting protocol. I got an email message requesting (I think) to remove these pictures. Believe me it was not intentional and with the explanation, I think I understand and will heed caution.

Hopefully, Alexei will debut his program at the Campbell's event.

Dee

D

danibellerika

Dee, you are SOOOOO asking for it with that post, girl. :mad: I almost had a heart attack. You got me good though:lol:

C

CuteGreekGoddess

LOL what's with the stop sign LOL
hey that's so funny
what a cute girlfriend he has :)
LOL

P

Princess Leppard 625

Hi, Dee, I knew you would like the new costume. :lol: I think it's fine, too, I'm not really into the boring ones worn by most of the American male skaters, but we've talked about that before. And thanks for posting the pictures.

Cheers,

Laura :)

V

Vash01

Re: Favorite skating costumes

Ugliest: Shen & Zhao's exhibition program at 01 worlds.

Most beautiful: Too many to list, but here are a few-

Nancy Kerrigan's Oly 94 LP costume

B&S- Meadowland (01 worlds SP)

G&G- Moonlight Sonata

Vash

D

DORISPULASKI

Loved the Pinata Idle- You win!!!

But you've got to admit, the expression is pure bunny head sticking out of over grassed Easter basket.
And given the angle, the ponytail almost makes it as an ear. dpp

L

Linny

Costume

Nevermind the costume. You've posted a photo where Gags is skating on ONE foot!
Lin

S

sailinghome

Re: Costume

I agree, most beautiful:

G&G, Moonlight Sonata
Nancy Kerrigan, 94 Olympics LP
Also, Torvill and Dean, Bolero

Ugliest: don't get me started!

Laurie

S

spyralz

Re: Costume

I've heard the outfit that takeshi honda wore at the cambell's competition was quite ugly.

~Spyralz

L

LADSKATER

Re: most beautiful(and ugly!) skating costumes of all time !

Most ugly:

Michelle's new dress colour (worn in the Campbell's competition). One almost needs sunglasses while she is skating.

Ladskater