Two U.S. Ice Dancing Teams Announce End of Partnerships | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Two U.S. Ice Dancing Teams Announce End of Partnerships

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I take it no one knows anything more about the splits except they split. If I stayed tuned will someone come up with what they plan to do.
Joe I was talking with one of our ice dancers at the rink and he said that Manon/O'Meara split so she could skate with her boyfriend Brandon Forsyth. We both thought that it was not a good idea because the Olympics are so close and they being the third rank US ice dance team that they would have a good shot at being on the Olympic team. But when you are in love I guess all reason gets thrown out the door.

Eeyora

Final Flight
Wow this is surprise especially with Belbin and Agosto unable to compete in the Olympics.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
If this Manon/Forsyth thing is true, then Brandon Forsyth may well be on his way to becoming the Mickey Rooney of Ice Dancing, so to speak. (Rooney's been married what, 8 times???). He's had at least 4 previous partners -- Jessica Joseph, Karen Farrara, Emilie Nussear, and someone else whose name I can't remember at the moment. If someone has had THAT many partner splits, it's really gotta make you wonder what the deal is. Lydia Manon may find that it's better to just DATE him and leave the PARTNERING to somebody else....

soogar

Record Breaker
That's the big joke on FSU , that Brandon has has 37384 partners and now she's skating with him.

I still wouldn't be so certain about Tanith and Ben not skating in the Olympics. The USFS is doing its part to promote this team and if they medal in Moscow, you can be certain that this will expedite her citizenship process. If Merlene Ottey can compete for Slovenia in track and field, I don't see what the big deal is for Tanith to get US citizenship.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I did notice at 4CC that Lydia and Ryan did not relate to one another AT ALL. She was all sparkle and shine and he looked as if he was doing algebra in his head. Maybe that was because she'd told him they were through, but it was really odd.

Anyhow, there are usually many more female ice dancers looking for partners than available male ice dancers, so Ryan should have no problem finding a replacement.

Linny

Final Flight
partners

I googled and came up with these partners for Brandon
Jessica Joseph
Kerrie O'DONNELL
Emilie NUSSEAR
Karen Ferrara

Linny

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Linny said:
I googled and came up with these partners for Brandon
Jessica Joseph
Kerrie O'DONNELL
Emilie NUSSEAR
Karen Ferrara

Linny

Kerrie O'Donnell!! Thank you!! That was the one I couldn't remember!!

chuckm said:
I did notice at 4CC that Lydia and Ryan did not relate to one another AT ALL. She was all sparkle and shine and he looked as if he was doing algebra in his head. Maybe that was because she'd told him they were through, but it was really odd.
Not everyone enjoys the flailing arms and pseudo passionate style of the au courant craze of dance. Some of us, maybe only a few, do enjoy the Rogers/Astair look of enjoying dancing without the sturm and drang. The best at that are the Kerrs.

As Katherine Hepburn said about R&A, she makes him look sexy and he gives her some class.

Ryan, btw, has solid edging and excellent technique throughout. we can only hope he finds a good partner. She'll be fine with her boyfriend. Love will keep them together. (I need a musical emoticon.)

Joe

Last edited:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
soogar said:
If Merlene Ottey can compete for Slovenia in track and field, I don't see what the big deal is for Tanith to get US citizenship.
US has some very unique citizenship laws. True, most countries in the world have no problem awarding citizenship to someone they like. OTOH, those same countries can often keep residents living for decades in their countries legally without citizenship. In fact, in most European countries (I believe Ireland is the exception here) you can be born there, live and work there all your life, and still never get to vote. In this country the laws can be tough, but they are not arbitrary.

I have very mixed feelings on this. On the one hand, I feel very frustrated that Tanith and Ben, who are without a doubt among the very best ice dancers in the world, won't be able to compete at the Olympics. OTOH, I can't help feel a certain respect for the system that (sometimes) follows its own rules.

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
chuckm said:
I did notice at 4CC that Lydia and Ryan did not relate to one another AT ALL.
I thought that he was rather stiff during the Free Dance at Nationals, which I saw live, so I was astonished at how wonderful he was in the OD, which I saw televised.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Mickey was married to Judy Garland and I think, Ava Gardner.
GrGranny are you talking about Mickey Rooney? If so he was never married to Judy Garland, but his first wife was Ava Gardner. He has been married a total of 8 times and is currently married to wife #8 since 1978.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I just cannot figure out what happened. I remember that when they were young that it was news that they ran off and got married. Wonder if it was something that was published and was wrong or what.

I kind of vaguely remember something about that, too. I think it was a publicity stunt, where some promoter started a rumor to generate publicity for a movie that they were both in.

Mathman