Men - Qualifying A - Notes | Golden Skate

Men - Qualifying A - Notes

Rosaleen

Medalist
These notes are copyright Golden Skate, please do not copy & paste anywhere

Some of the scores aren't complete and I don't have the results here but they're all up on the event website http://www.isufs.org/results/wjc2005/SEG001.HTM

AUT Viktor Pfeifer Start 1
Notes black velvet with iag red band shoulder to hip / art on ice / easy 2a / 3z3t / 3f / he's moving very easy & confident / 3l3t2t with arm overhead for last toe / music softens and some chor into cam with interesting bent leg pos / 3z / 3l landed low and ended up in shoot duck but managed to stay on one foot / strt steps didn't have much to them / 2a some turns & chor and a 2nd 2a / sit ch sit is well done nice pos / O ftwrk is with music / flycam with pos variations / into final pos / and we have one very satisfied skater / pb 97.21 / tes 54.58 tcs 43.70 ded 1 tot

SWE Adrian Schultheiss Start 2
Notes black velet with red bands around chest - very similar to last skater / bruce lee / 3z3t / 3a hand down - not sure if rotated / 3f3t fell on toe / music softens & slows / back cam sit forwardcam sit very loopy on forward cam / 3s?? hard to see takeoff foot / 3l / music build into O ftwrk lots of continuous on one foot but quite slow /3? 2t / 3f / 2a / strt steps are interesting & with music & theme / combo spin to end was ok / pb 92.34 / tes 57.80 tcs 43.70 ded 1 tot 100.50 /

SLO Luka Cadez Start 3
Notes black with leather like band around his chest / black hawk down / I had great notes and lost them when I had to change batteries - damnn / it seems that there might be computer problems - they say with the local scoreboard - they did read the score and it looks like it's back now / pb / tes 33.26 tcs

GER Clemens Brummer Start 4
Notes black with white vest & bow tie / 3z fell / johnny english soundtrack / think I missed something / softer music now for the cam spin with nice pos variations / 3l hand down heavily / 3z is nice / huge forward flying sit with twisted spin very nice / diagftwrk is ok but seems overpowered by the music / 3l leaning on landing but held off putting hand down / S ftwrk has some nice bits in it / 2t 3t both hands down on toe / combo spin has some nice pos gets very slow at the end though / 3s / 2a bad lean landed very far forward / pb 84.27 / tes 38.90 tcs

FRA Jeremie Colot Start 5
Notes cream blousey shirt under brown tunic & pants / pirates of the caribbean / a bit of chor to slower starting music and 3t? at far end of rink as music start to build / 3a2t might have een 2ft on axel / ftwrk into 3l / flycam very good fly pos is ok spin abit slow / some transitions & chor to music / 3z2t z is huge / sit spin with tuck / some chor to soft music section / 3s 1/2 loop turn 2a fell weird on axel / 3f pos 2ft / he's very fast / 3z near me definite 2ft / 3s / diag ftwrk is ok - with music / cam sit back cam sit / there were flashes of greatness in his skating - needs some refinement and work on his spins but there's lots to work with / pb 107.48 / tes 52.50 tcs 50.00 ded 1 tot 101.50 /

MEX Miguel Angel Moyron Start 6
Notes Prince of Egypt / burgundy semi sheer with golden V's / some chor / 2a is nice / 3t2t prob 2ft on the 3 / 3s / strt ftwrk is ok / slow section of music / flycam to conit bit slow but pos are good / more chor / 3s - no combo already done a 3s / 3t / 2f /death drop / he doesn't seem to have much life - not projecting at all / 2z2t hopped out of the toe / 2a / layback / combo spin to end was after music and clock stopped at 4:15 - should be time ded / pb 66.24 / tes 33.72 tcs 30.00 ded 1 tot 62.72/

FIN Valtter Virtanen Start 7
Notes black with semi sheer design on front edged in red / 3z think it was a z / con air & the rock / cam spin is good / some chor & emoting / 2f / O ftwrk - big pattern / 2l / flying forward sit / 2a / 3turns into 3s / there were gaps where the music was only background / 2f2t / 3t / strt steps are ok / combo spin sit pos are very good - camel is weak / pb 77.14 / tes 40.12 tcs 38.10 tot 78.22 /

ITA Paolo Bacchini Start 8
Notes cream shirt under brown long vest / pirates / some chor / think it's the same cuts as the last pirates we saw / 3a is huge fell / 2f / 3z bad lean turnout couldn't get 2nd jump in / 3f2t bit wild in air / death drop stuggled to control the landing but did / 3l turnout / sit ch sit is good / 3z step out 2t / 3? didn't see takeoff / strt stepsare good / O ftwrk is dynamic to building closing music / combo spin to end / pb 88.76 / tes 41.56 tcs

CAN Christopher Mabee Start 9
Notes finlandia / brown with one red sleeve / 3l is his warmup jump / popped axel to single / 3z came out forward on both hands slid into boards / spin that I didn't really see / 2f / some emoting to slower music - new section of proram new start / popped axel / some chor again / popped z / sit ch sit is good / O ftwrk / 2a / strt ftwrk / popped sal to double / combo spin to end / that was probably one of the worst skates he's had that I've seen / at least the scores don't carry forward and the rest should let him through / pb 102.62 / tes 25.52 tcs 47.60 ded 1 72.12 /

NOR Michael Chrolenko Start 10
Notes 3f hand down fell / brown tunic with sash / 3z fell / yep, it's another pirates / sorry I'm a bit distracted after Chris's skate / 3s hand down / 2l / sit ch sit travelled with bad wobble in the middle / big 2t / 2a / flycam / strt steps to the samemusic that each of the others used / 2f? I think weird step out / 2s / combo spin to end is pretty good / pb 73.22 / tes 27.32 tcs

ISR Evgeni Krasnapolski Start 11
Notes Yanni medley / dark dusty blue velour with gauzy bits down leg & arms / 2a hand down / 2f / 3t2t / O ftwrk / 2z / popped sal /some chor to slower music / it's mostly stroking between the elements / 3s2t bad lean & daed stop but it looked clean / spin that I didn't really see / flycam good fly & pretty good pos bit slow / 3t pitched forward / 2l / strt steps to drum beat are quite nice / cam sit layback chg sit to catch knee / pb 48.77 / tes 31.34 tcs 34.20 tot 65.54 /

ESP Juan Legaz Start 12
Notes JEsus christ superstar / grey semi sheer tunic with shades of red / music starts with the normal jesus christ superstar / 3t2t / 3l / 2a / 2z / flycam bit loopy at start but then nice spin with good extension / 3t / some chor & spread eagles / now some fun to 'the great Jesus christ - pilates song / O ftwrk goes with it well / 3s / cam back sit / music changes to I don't know howto love him for the strt steps / 2s / cam sit tuck back sit twisted open leg - travelled badly on open leg was excellent up til then / pb / tes 36.20 tcs 43.70 tot 79.90 /

JPN Nobunari Oda Start 13
Notes music is Zatoichi (jpanese movie) / black with narrow silver bands around body / waxel - went off heel / some neat chor to music / 3z3t2l high - pretty / spin that I only saw the ending of / 3f / music changes and some emoting at centre ice / 2a 3t thinkit was a 3 / 3s / sit spin is very nice pos / 3l2t / music builds & martial arms themed dia steps fell out of a twizzle / back spiral into 2a / ina into 3z / O ftwrk is complex but the first part had too many starts & stops / combo spin to end is excellent with A pos & pancake / pb 108.61 / tes 64.60 tcs

ROM Zoltan Kelemen Start 14
Notes navy blue with black on top in almost a bolero effect with gold accents / sequences from holiday on ice show / 3z 2ft prob under rot / 3z / 3s had it then fell / death drop has nice fly good spin / some chor into 2f 2t weird hop out of toe into 2l / 3tfell / upright spin that changed to back but didn't really spin on back / strt ftwrk is soso / 2a sliding fall / O ftwrk / music is pretty much just background at this point / 3s fell / 2f /2a / combo spin to end is nice / finished behind music - at 4:10 exactly / pb 60.86 / tes 21.24 tcs 30.70 ded 4 tot 47.94 /

THA Phanyaluck Raisuksiri Start 15
Notes white at shoulders shading to black red at neck & lower arms / Kull the Conqueror soundtrack / 1a / 2z fell / 2l2l fell on 2nd one / flycam is weak / 2s / 1f / diag ftwrk that is attempting to be a copy of Yags including the qquick turn & looking up leaning sideways / didn't really see the last spin / program couldn't hold my attention / pb 36.55 / tes 12.50 tcs 23.7 ded 3

FRA Yannick Ponsero Start 16
Notes black with white across chest & design on thigh of one leg / matrix reloaded / some chor / 3a leaning but saved it / 3t? or maybe going for a 4t? but bad lean & baild out at landing / 3s / 3f bit forward on landing ut clean / O ftwrk to softer music / 3a2t / cam spin with very nice extension to sideways bent leg / 3z very high & came out with so much time to land I'm not sure if it wasn't only a double / bailed on loop takeoff / 2a / cam flyover sit to forard sit / he finished a bit ahead of his music& held the pos with fists clenched in satisfaction - I'd say he was happy with his sk / pb 105.60 / tes 52.74 tcs 56.60

UKR Vitali Sazonec Start 17
Notes black velvet with silver sparkles on shoulders & arms / The last opera / 2? f or z / 3t2t / flycam with layover & inside edge very good extension & speed / 3f / 1-1/2 axel fell / some chor to soft music / 3l / O ftwrk is lyrical / 3s stumbled out / flying forward sit nice air pos & good spin pos if a bit slow / 3z under rot fell / 3t / strt steps are soso music is building & he's not it's overpowering him / combo spin to end is ok / pb 63.43 / tes 35.68 tcs 39.50 ded 2 tot 73.18 /

CRO Boris Martinec Start 18
Notes navy blue with white down sides & under arms / 2a 1/2l 3t / 3f or z fell / some emoting to soft music / 2t / 3s hopped out / flycam - needs more extension - toe is oint way down & leg isn't level / 3f lean fell / popped s / cam sit upright back cam sit scratch - cam is very weak sits are qute nice / this is another matrix reloaded with Lord of the Rings addd in / just saw a jump but it didn't register and I 'm nt sure what it was / / fell on takeoff of loop / O ftwrk to some fast music that came from nowhere / pb / tes 25.38 tcs 34.7 ded 3 tot 57.08 /

CAN Patrick Chan Start 19
Notes dark royal blue velet with lighter V inset & sleeves / backdraft soundtrack / 3s / sit ch sit with good inside edge sipin / 3z2t bit forward on z / some chor & trans / 3t3t very nice / some chor to slower music this program is filled with chor / 2a2t2l / cam ch cam with pretty good pos incl layover could use more extension / 3z / strt ftwrk is good / 3turns into 3l / he has great air pos / 3f fell - could see it coming not enouheight / 2a / cam sit ch sit pancake scratch / very good skate / pb / tes 55.62 tcs 55.60 ded 1 tot 110.22 /

JPN Yasuharu Nanri Start 20
Notes henry the V / shades of brown with a design on front that I'm not quite sure what it is / a bit of chor to slow music that's building to to lovely 3a / 3f3t think it was a flip / 3z bit of lean but clean / sit spin with multiple flyovers / O ftwrk to dramatic music bit of a slip 1/3 into it / 3s bailed & landed on 2 feet / slow section now & some chor / 3l lost pos in air & bailed after about 2 revs / 3a fell / cam sit back sit inside edge / heavy drmatic music & strt steps that go with it very well / 3f pitched forward 2t / waxel went sliding across ice on his hand & knees / spin to end is ok with catch knee / pb 116.42 / tes 44.94 tcs

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
:cry: For Chris. Must be hard to have such a bad skate here. I know he was hoping for soooooo much better. Maybe he put too much pressure on himself.