Ladies - Free Program - Notes | Golden Skate

Ladies - Free Program - Notes

Rosaleen

Medalist
These notes are copyright Golden Skate, please do not copy & paste them anywhere.

Some of the marks are not complete and I don't have the results below because they're on the event website http://www.isufs.org/results/wjc2005/SEG008.HTM
http://www.isufs.org/results/wjc2005/CAT006RS.HTM

FRA Nadege Bobillier Start 1
Notes music: Legends of the Fall / black with illusion top with strategically placed leaves / 3t2t / 3s pitched forward / layback is fast & centered pretty good pos / a bit of chor for a second / 2a / 2t ptiched forward meant to be a 3 / fly forward sit with tuck is nice & centered / spiral in circle with hand on ice back shoot duck up into bspiral holding ankle - very nice seq / 3s hops 2f / 2z turns 2l / 2a fell out hand down / O ftwrk is flowey & with music / flycam to back to leg in front change sit layback change sit leg in front / and a big smile on her face / she skated that almost as best she could / she's got a nice lyrical quality to her skating / the program lacked somewhat in transitions / tes 33.39 tcs 31.72 tot 65.11 / gr tot 102.43 /

POL Ilona Senderek Start 2
Notes music: swing medley / black bodice with red string skirt red elbow gloves / 3t2t / 2a hand down / cam unique leg behind spin / some plaing with the music / spiral in beillman with change of edge / 3s didn't get off ice / some dancing to drum beat into strt steps to sing sing sing and she's really acting and selling the steps / 3t bit low on landing but hung on / flycam to inside edge to catch foot centered & fast / 2z bad wrap didn't see if she made it a combo / 2f / 2l / upright spin with variations / and sell sell into the ending pose / pb 49.86 / tes 28.17 tcs 31.60 tot 59.77 / gr tot 96.58 /

RUS Lilia Biktagirova Start 3
Notes turqoise on top navy on bottom unitard - ys pants / star & death of Joaquin Mueerta / 2a / 3z2t2l / 3l / 3t2t / flycam is fast with bit of layout & donut / so far there's no connection to the music at all / 3z / 3f stumbled out / there's no expression atall / strt steps are a bit slow / 3f fell / layback going to sidewys ending in bleillman that came to a stop / inside out spiral in beillman pos / combo spin included beillman donut and open leg / aside from the flip, she did all the jumps but there really wasn't much of a program there / pb 66.22 / tes 43.07 tcs 35.02 ded 1 tot 77.09 / gr tot 113.54 /

SWE Amanda Nylander Start 4
Notes red lace with ruffle skirt with black edging / malaguena / a bit of chor / 3s2t / 3t nice & high / flycam very nice pos & extension & speed / 3l fell out / 2f / spirals insclude inside out / 2a / layback is fast with good back / 3s / something at far endof ice I just missed / strt steps move well and with music / cam sit layback back sit catch knee scratch / pb 75.25 / tes 36.60 tcs 36.82 tot 73.42 / gr tot 110.20 /

SVK Radke Bartova Start 5
Notes royal blue at top shading to whie skirt with blue edgin / Bond medley / nice ina / 3t 2t / 3s step out / flycam with layout good pos - bit slow / 2a / sideways layback is ok / 2l / spread eagle into spiral seq / I missed the takeoff of a jump but it was clean and at last a 2a but prob a 3s / 2a / O ftwrk and the music is overpowering her now - it's getting faster and she's slowing down / pb 53.95 / tes 31.89 tcs 31.49 tot 63.38 / gr tot 97.85 /

SWE Isabelle Nylander Start 6
Notes firebird / red at top of bodice shading to orange & yellow skirt / layback with foot to head / spirals are nice & held flow well / 2a scratcy landing but clean / nice arms & listening to her music /2t / ftwrk into 3l very tight & turnout on landing /3s / flycam with bent leg pos variation / 2f2t2l just hung on to the loop / spiral 2z /strt steps are sort of using the music / 2s turns 2l / combo spin to end / at 1st she was using her music but a some point it it became background except in little bits / pb 72.20 / tes 33.84 tcs 35.65 tot 69.49 / gr tot 103.08 /

JPN Akiko Kitamura Start 7
Notes music is poeta / white with navy design on bodice / flycam is fast inside edge with layover / some dancing in front of the judges / 3z2t bit wild on free leg of z / bad pick on f didn't get off ice / 2s / music changes and some chor to slow section / 3f2t / layback is good / spirals with inside out in catch foot / 2a / 3z came out forward / 3t / O ftwrk is ok / combo spin ending in Y / She didn't really seem to be relating to her music tonight / pb 89.16 / tes 34.40 tcs 37.71 tot 72.11 / gr tot 111.02/

EST Elena Glebova Start 8
Notes black velvet with turtleneck & long sleeves, open back with hint of red at hip & bottom sleeves /very elegant / salome / 3t3t 2nd one very tight on landing but hung on / 3s setp out / 3l fell / 2f1t / cam sit layback back beillman is fast / spirals are ok / 2z / 2a / layback with foot to head / O ftwrk is ok bit slow -- she generlly seems to be slowing / 2a fell / flycam back sit / pb 66.61 / tes 30.60 tcs 32.29 ded 2 tot 60.89 / gr tot 100.64 /

ISR Tamar Katz Start 9
Notes white with sheer sleeves / dr zhivago / 3l / 3z on horrible lean fell / 3f fell / flycam with hands behind back is fast & centered and didn't last long enough / spirals are high with good extension / 3z step out / 3l or no think it was a 2l / bailed on sal / layback from sideways to straight back but think she fell out of it at the end / 2a very tentative into it fell / strt steps are lyrical & with music but she apears to be deflated and isn't selling it / combo spin to end is very nice / pb 67.78 / tes 26.14 tcs 32.91 ded 3 tot 56.05 / gr tot 98.00/

ITA Valentina Marchei Start 10
Notes xotica / red with silver sparkles / some chor to the judges /3z fell /2a / 2f / layback is fast & centered with head to foot / 3s2t / 2f / spiral with inside out in catch knee / 3z fell / 3t / flycam is fast could use more extension / strt steps startedabout 1/3 down the rink / combo spin ended way afte the music - There asn't a clock on the screen but I'll bet there's time deductions / aside from the bits I mentioned there wasn't really ay choreograpy or relation to the music / pb 72.06 / tes 30.78 tcs 37.36 ded 4 tot 64.14 / gr tot 104.74 /

UKR Ekaterina Proyda Start 11
Notes light blue with one sleeves / Jazz medley / 3z2t / 3s / 2l / music slows and some chor / flycam is very nice good speed & pos / popped flip / spirals bit of wobble on 1st one / 2a / popped z / 3t both hands down / layback is fast but both back & leg posare weak into very slow beilman / music picks up & strt steps work well with it / combo spin had to hop to hold cam on change / pb 54.97 / tes 29.97 tcs 33.83 tot 63.80 / gr tot

THA Tammy Sutan Start 12
Notes swan lake / irovery with black at hem of sleeves & skirt black design on front - much prettier than it sounds / 2a fell / 2z2t / 2f2t / flycam with layout to inside edge / skating right with her music so far some chor at center ice / 2a hand down wild onlanding / charlotte 2l / layback with both arms to sone side then foot to head / strt fwrk is with music / 2f / 2z / spiraals with inside out / combo spin to end with beilliman / pb / tes 29.13 tcs 34.35 / ded 1 tot 62.48 / gr tot 100.53 /

FIN Kiira Korpi Start 13
Notes Blues medley / sparkley navy blue with pink trim at hem & around neckline / a bit of chor / 3z bit forawrd on landing 2t / 2f / flycam toinside edge to ilusion fast spin nice extension / 3l step out / 3t / music changes aand some acting & movement for the judges / 3l2t / spirals have nice height & extension good flow / 2s / layback is fast travelled / music changes nd a bit more chor and the crowd is clapping for her strt steps which fit the musicwell / 2a turnout / combo spinis centered & good speed /that was an enjoyable program she really connected with her music and there were some nice transitions / pb 81.12 / tes 37.90 tcs 44.80 tot 82.70 / gr tot 126.63 /

GEO Elene Gedevanishvili Start 14
Notes silver over illusion on top white skirt / ballet egyptien / 2a / 3z3t wow / flycam is centered with good speed & pos to donut / 3l / 3z maybe 2ft / spiral with foot to ear for inside out / 3l 2ft / ina into 3s that she just hung on to but maybe asn't clean / layback with flat back to beillman / strt step are chor nicely to the music / 3t2t / combo spin was doing wel but lost it and recenterd fo the rest of the spin may not count the 2nd part / pb 64.18 / tes 51.42 tcs 39.27 tot 90.69 / gr tot 139.11//

JPN Aki Sawada Start 15
Notes yellow river concerto / black halter with shiny coloured design around waist / 3f2t / flycam to inside edge spin is cented with good speed but leg needs bette extension / 3z (flutz) really close to boards / 3f / the japanese team to my left is cheering loudly every time sh lands a jump / spirals to melodic music and her arms are lovely / 3l bad lean fell / layback with nice changes of pos / music stat to build 3s fell / strt steps are fast / 3t 2a seq / 3t / cam sit layback back sit to inside edge to catch foot scratch / pb 89.46 / tes 41.70 tcs 43.02 ded 2 tot

CAN Mira Leung Start 16
Notes black off the shoulder velet with red at hem of skirt / firebird / some nice movement to slow bit then the crashing sounds into familiar strains / 3f / 3z2l / 2a / flycam is fast to donut / 3s / big big smile on her face / layback from classic to strt leg doesn't last long enough / 3z don't know how she hung to the landing but she did / 3t2t / strt step uses whole body / speed for spirals inside out on strong edges sideways then charlotte / 3f2l2l / splatted going into the camel of her combo spin - missed the pick, got up and did the spin - don't know what the judges are going to do ab a - rather the tech e/ the program itself hasn't improved any but she skates it with everything she has and that does come across / / pb 85.57 / tes 51.29 tcs 39.15 ded 1 tot 89.44 / gr tot 132.66 /

RUS Veronika Kropotina Start 17
Notes black with lots of gold lame swirls & navy gauzy bit hanging off / lawrence of arabia / 3z turnout 2t / 3f turnout / flycam good extnsion / turns into 3l / 3f fell / layback is very fast sideway with foot to head then beillman / spirals almost fell on cahnge of edge but hung on / 3s pulled it out / 3t pulled that one out too / O ftwrk is ok / 2a hand down / combo spin is fast & centered with beillman pos / pb 85.82 / tes 37.36 tcs 37.54 ded 1 tot 73.90 / gr tot 119.75 /

CAN Amada Billings Start 18
Notes black with bright green & purple flower on side - nicer than it sounds / Havana / a bit of chor to start it off / 3z2t / 3l might have been lightly 2ft / music picks up and fast layback with foot to head / some more chor / popped flip / 3t hand down? 2t not sure if hand it ice / flycam to donut is fast & centered / music softens and some more chor / 3z 2ft prob under rot / spirals are nice / into 2a hand down agin / music picks up strt steps are right with it / 2s pitched forward / combo spin is good / it started out really well just couldn't maintain it / it is a very good program though and uses the music / pb / tes 32.41 tcs 43.01 tot 75.42 / gr tot 121.35 /

USA Alissa Czisny Start 19
Notes swan lake / black strapless with wilver sequin design / a bit of chor / 3z2t bit wonky landing on toe / busic builds and she into her 3f / nice split jump / 3l / huge death drop to leg infront of face / music softens again and some more chor / nice arms / sal didn't get off ice / spiral seq is very good but didn't seem to hold them long enough tonight / 3z / 3t2t not sure if loop on end of it or not - couldn't see / layback is exellent / strt steps move well with music hercoach wasmoving up and down and covered her face when she fell on the 2a / combo spin is very good / pb 91.16 / tes 37.31 tcs 47.77 ded 1 tot 84.08 / gr tot

USA Kimmie Meissner Start 20
Notes light blue shading to royal on skirt / Daphnis & chloe / a bit of movement and right into 3f / 3z2t / a bit of chor / 2a2t / layback with hands behind back / some more chor / 3l / 3s / great transitions / combo spin is excellent great speed & pos / spirals are good / popped lutz / O ftwrk is dynamic as is the music right now / 1f / flycam to illusions / pb 93.85 / tes 43.44 tcs 50.52 tot 93.96 / gr tot 146.63 /

KOR Yu-Na Kim Start 21
Notes lilac shading to purple skirt / Papa can you hear me / 3t3t / now some movement & chor / 3z2t2l / flycam to inside edge to josee layover very nice / 3f2t / short but lovely ina / 2a / sideways layback to flat back fast & centered / 3s / spirals a bit slow nice pos / some chor - woops diag steps/ 2a / 3z big yell for behind me and a neat look on her face / combo spin to end is just great with twisted sit & sother marvelous positions / standing O from most of the crowd / pb 101.32 / tes 57.59 tcs 52.67 tot 110.26 / gr tot 158.93 /

CHN Binshu Xu Start 22
Notes red unitard with black at waist mandarin style / Mulan / some chor / 3z2t / 3t fell / 2a / flycam is very fast to inside edge with great extension / sostrt steps are right with music / 3l / somechor at centre ice / layback to flat back with arms to side is fast & centered / 3z fell / 3s / spirals with leg to ear then to back / 3f / combo spin with fast beillman and Y / pb 73.14 / tes 41.18 tcs 45.43 ded 2 tot 84.61 / gr tot 136.22 /

USA Emily Hughes Start 23
Notes light blue sparkley / Sleeping Beauty / 2a right off stast / 3z2t / nice ina / 3t2t / flycam is fast & centered to iluusion / now for some chor / 3l / 3z / big smile / 3f / there doesn't seem to be a lot of chor in the program / inside out spiral to back spiral / layback with changes of pos is fast & centered / music changes strt steps are joyous & with music / crowd is clapping along 3s bit wild on landing but clean and shes in her combo spin that is just great / coach is grinning from ear to earand little bounces up and down / pb / tes 46.93 tcs 49.54 tot

JPN Mao Asada Start 24
Notes semi sheer mauve over dusty green with sparkles on top / la Boutique Fantastique / 3a that one had to be clean / flycam with layover to inside edge is great / now some chor / 3z / strrt steps are with music and complex / 2a / music softens and some chor into spirals inside out to back catch foot / 3f / layback with completely flat back to sideways with foot to head / 3f3t / 3z / music changes into combo spin with too many pos to describe include beillman & inside edge sit / 3l2l big smile right in front of me / / standing O and she deserves it / WOW / pb 114.92 / tes 62.73 tcs 56.40 tot 119.13 / gr tot 179.24 /

timing

Spectator
Thanks again Rosaleen for your reports. I'm hoping that CBC shows some of these great skates.

gezando

Final Flight
:love: Mao đź‘Ť She lead from wire to wire. She won't be old enough for olympics 06, and they closed the loop hole through jr world, I hope she stays healthy and go for 2010

Hikaru

Final Flight
yay!! Go Mao :rock: ! And Emily Huges did good too. I'll have to check for some videos soon, hopefully!

ChiSk8Fan

On the Ice
Emily Hughes

Her performance to place her 3rd in the Jr. Worlds ahead of Meissner and Csizny is very significant going into next year. Sure, Meissner has her 3 axel prepared for attempts in competition, as well as a 3 - 3, but she isn't very consistent in the back end of her programs yet, and Csizny is lovely, but not yet a top rate jumper.

If the US earns three spots for the Olympics, this placement and the results of next year's events put Emily Hughes right in the thick of things to earn a spot on the Olympic team.

I'd say it is definitely possible.

Mao finished 20 points ahead of the field, and 30 points ahead of any of the Americans. That's just astonishing domination over the best young skaters in the world.

Good for Emily. It looks like there will be a real dog fight among the next group of American ladies. I wonder which one will rise to the top.

Mathman

Looks like the Asian gals are coming on!!! Hope they continue and don't fall to the curse of the Juniors.

I am not surprised at Emily at all. I'm surprised other posters didn't see how talented she was from the Nationals. Since I watched her practice sessions at Nats where she was falling all over the place, and then watched the performance, I have to say she is "good under fire" when it counts. Being 'good under fire' is 99 per cent of the battle.

If she makes the Olys I won't be surprised if there is another upset from the Hughes family.

Joe

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Thanks again Rosaleen!

You definitely get GOLD for your awesome reports!!

I am thrilled for Emily. Her first international podium picture is just precious. Nothing against Kimmie - she is obviously talented. BUT...I've been shaking my head since US Nationals thinking the media is really premature with the hype. I'm looking forward to some good rivalries in the years to come.

I've only seen Mao on a video through the internet. It's too bad we probably won't see her on TV with better quality video for a long while.

Good for all the US ladies ending up in the top 6!

DG

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
It's always interesting to see wild placement changes among juniors. Look at LIlia Biktagirova for instance. She was 3d at Russian senior nationals this year, so she is obviously quite talented. She was 22 in the short, meaning she barely qualified for the free; yet she was 11th in free. The opposite is true of Tamar Katz from Israel, who trains along side Angela Nikodinov. She was 13th going into the free, yet came dead last in the free. Among the top finishers, this can also be seen with Yu-Na Kim, who jumped 4 places to end with silver.

Lucy25

Final Flight
A question about Mao's jump count. The USFSA article says she landed six, the USA article says she landed eight (!) and this report says she landed seven. Anyone know what is actually was?

mzheng

Record Breaker
Thanks Rosaleen. Great review.

Mao :rock: . The huge score she posted could win a medal in senior world.

Congrats all US ladies finished top 6. :clap:

lavender

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
Looks like the Asian gals are coming on!!! Hope they continue and don't fall to the curse of the Juniors.

I am not surprised at Emily at all. I'm surprised other posters didn't see how talented she was from the Nationals. Since I watched her practice sessions at Nats where she was falling all over the place, and then watched the performance, I have to say she is "good under fire" when it counts. Being 'good under fire' is 99 per cent of the battle.

If she makes the Olys I won't be surprised if there is another upset from the Hughes family.

Joe

I don't think Hughes can take on the world with COP now in place and win Olympics. Anyway people noticed Emily at Nationals. I certainly like her skating much more than Sarah. It's the media that just past Emily by going on and on over Kimmie. All the media has being doing is saying how Kimmie upstaged everyone at Nationals which is so far from the truth.

nymkfan51

Medalist
Thanks once again to Rosaleen for her wonderful reports!

I am not surprised by Emily either. Although, I think a gold in Torino is probably a real longshot ... not because she couldn't deliver a great performance, but because she is so new to the international scene. If she had done this last year ... well that would be another story completely.

And I am also not surprised by Kimmie's performance. Maybe she and her coach will take a lesson from this.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Not sure of the count, but here's what I found impressive.

Lucy25 said:
A question about Mao's jump count. The USFSA article says she landed six, the USA article says she landed eight (!) and this report says she landed seven. Anyone know what is actually was?

A 3A and a 3-3 in her LP. Wow.

I was in my office during the QRs, so this is an observation from that more so than the LP which I'm just now digging into. But I seems like several juniors did 3-2-2 combos. I haven't done the math yet, but that sure seems like a good way to rack up some points.

DG

Last edited:

northguy

Rinkside
Lucy25 said:

According to the ISU's report of day 4, which is a pretty reliable source as the writers have the protocols, she landed six clean triples. The 3T in her 3F-3T combo was downgraded to a double.

Therefore, the technical specialist recognized 3A, 3Z, 2A, 3F, 3F-2T, 3Z, 3L-2L.

http://www.isu.org/vsite/vcontent/c...9-3787-4771-layout46-129898-news-item,00.html

Edited for typo and to include the link to the report. ;)

brad640

On the Ice
lavender said:
It's the media that just past Emily by going on and on over Kimmie. All the media has being doing is saying how Kimmie upstaged everyone at Nationals which is so far from the truth.

I agree about Kimmie in general, and I am so tired of hearing about her triple axel at nationals. She is no Tonya harding in the jumping department, and I don't see how they could have ratified a jump that was underrotated. The fact that she lost to Emily and to Alissa in the sp shows that she is not the only US lady set to take over from Michelle and Sasha, and I don't see her medalling at nationals next year.