2004 Emmy Nominations | Golden Skate

2004 Emmy Nominations

brad640

On the Ice
I hope this makes ABC rethink giving up worlds coverage to ESPN, but I know that decision was financially motivated so these awards probably will have little effect. Although I am biased, I think figure skating coverage is the best sports coverage on television because figure skating is the most beautiful sport on television. Skating always does well in the primetime emmys as well, especially in the choreography category. Most recently, I believe Smuckers Stars on Ice has won a couple of times, and Sarah Kawahara won for the opening ceremony in Salt Lake City.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Thanx for posting that story. I was all confused for a minute because I knew the Daytime Emmy noms had all ready been announced and the Primetime noms aren't announced til like July. I couldn't figure out which awards were being talked about! I forgot about the sports Emmys. Good luck to ABC/ESPN for Worlds and to NBC for their Olys coverage which actually was pretty good last year. :rock:

And yes, SOI has won quite a few Emmys (most recently was last year for the A&E broadcast of last year's show) and Sarah K. did win an Emmy for her work during SLC (she won one a while ago back when she choreographed Scott Hamilton's TV special too). :clap: