Men - Short Program - Comments | Golden Skate

Men - Short Program - Comments

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
This is probably as close as I'll ever get to being there. Thank you!!!
Rave

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Cool to watch!!

I can't even describe how cool it is to see the skaters we NEVER get to see in the US via the Russian TV link.

OK - my first costume comments for the Men. I had to laugh at the end of Dambier's program when he did that "Janet Jackson" thing on himself. :laugh: Also, that was a bit too much illusion fabric for me. But I enjoyed watching him skate. ;)

DG

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Yes, Timmy fell...

It's so sad. I love what they've done with his choreo this year. Opening with footwork instead of front loading at least two of the jump passes. I also think his posture has improved a bit, and also I think some of the choreo - i.e. arm up in the air during footwork, and also some of the spin position makes this all look better.

:cry: For this year. I hope he can get his jumps back for next year, because I just think he is at a point to put a better overall package together.

DG

diver chick

On the Ice
Timmy fell on his quad :( Plus the commentators were questioning whether he got round for the quad or whether it would be downgraded to a triple :(

Trying to get some work done at the same time as watching so can't be sure of what happened.

Actualy I have seen worse costumes than Andrei's Carmen. It was different but kept with the theme.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Hi Frau...

Frau Muller said:
I can't wait to see Griazev's costume...another Tarasova 'stunner,' it appears. :rofl:

It ain't even CLOSE to being in the same Rusty Hanger class with some others we've seen this year - i.e. Joubert's original LP costume. I liked Griasev's much better than Dambier's eye popping illusion and Janet Jackson thing. Just IMO!

DG

Hikaru

Final Flight
Doggygirl said:
It ain't even CLOSE to being in the same Rusty Hanger class with some others we've seen this year - i.e. Joubert's original LP costume. I liked Griasev's much better than Dambier's eye popping illusion and Janet Jackson thing. Just IMO!

DG

I just got stunned at that "Dambier doing the Janet Jackson thing" O_O

Unfortunately I cannot even see the russian tv thing 'cause I cannot use PayPal... my country is not even listed there... gee we suck! LOL

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Johnny

Oh no!!! Johnny, having fallen on the axel, is currently in 4th (behind Buttle, Takahashi, and Griazev); that with the 6 arguably strongest skaters left to go... :mad: (Though his current combined score puts him in 2nd, with 7 points between him and Buttle).

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Plushy...

And Plushy, falling on the quad toe to actually end up behind Evan for the short! He is, though, 2nd overall, just behind Lambiel. Joubert, though, is still to skate... Even that placement is helped by the highest componenets scores, even in PE.

diver chick

On the Ice
Brian skated clean and is in ahead of Plush by one point but behind Lambiel by 6!

Go Stephane! It was a beautiful performance, he looks supremely confident and comfortable on the ice, everything was working so well for him apart from the triple lutz when he had a very slight touch down with the free leg. Can't wait for the free!

Hikaru

Final Flight
well now he's third overall, with joubert second and lambiel first! whoa this championship is taking turns I don't think anyone would have predicted, which actually keeps me in the edge of my seat, and I'm only watching the scores. I feel bad for Plush and Johnny falling, especially Johnny because his 3a is always beautiful to see and it is usually a sure jump for him. And Plushenko! I imagine the audience reaction. And poor Lindemann too, I love seeing his jumps because they are so airy, and I see he had several falls! I hope everyone skate their best in the FS.

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
Doing a little happy dance for Jeff Buttle :clap: :clap: :clap: Can't wait to see it on CBC tonight w/ fingers and toes crossed for the LP.

MarieM

On the Ice
Stéphane Lambiel is born, at least.

He was truly amazing, despite a little tightyness due to the pressure.
There is no way he won't win it all and what was lacking (a true star) in born ! :clap: :love:

rain

Record Breaker
Go Jeff!!!
Sounds like they continue to hold up Plushenko despite clearly sub-par performances. Hopefully they won't inflate his marks in the long to keep him on the podium if he doesn't deserve it.

Sounds like Lambiel is on his way to the title - his to lose at this point. Love his skating and am so happy for him. One program to go.

A clean short - good for Joubert.
And yeah for Jeff - hope he wows like he did at Canadians in the long - such a performance could very well move him onto the podium. He's only a couple of points out of second, and about two out of bronze. I'd love to see him pull it off. Disappointed for Weir and Sandhu. Hope they can come back in the long.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
May be this is a big part of the plan. We all know that no reigning world champ man has won Olympics since Hamilton, and perhaps the stars are just getting into position for the big Plushy win in Turin. :p

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
rain said:
Sounds like they continue to hold up Plushenko despite clearly sub-par performances. Hopefully they won't inflate his marks in the long to keep him on the podium if he doesn't deserve it.

Oh, but that NEVER happens, Rain... :rolleye: