*sobbing* Buser will not win 2005 Iditarod | Golden Skate

*sobbing* Buser will not win 2005 Iditarod

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
he's in 9th as of right now, and the top 4 are 2 check points out from Nome... there will be a winner tonight...

Buser has 7 dogs right now, no idea why he dropped so many today... I am worried.

oh and if you all aren't too busy watching worlds you can check out http://www.iditarod.com/ there will be a live web feed for when the winner crosses the finishline... it looks like it'll be Sorlie, but Seavey is still in the race, he's in 3rd right now

*Sigh* I really wanted Buser to win again *sobs* :cry: :cry: :cry:

Kurt's Girl

Rinkside
Aww, such a bummer. And Scdoris is pretty much out of it too at this point...nuts. I think my rooting for people is bad luck to them. :(

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think Rachael wants to win the red lantern award... she stayed at that last check point for a long time letting everyone go ahead of her. She said this is going to be her only run at this, so she's going to want that momento....;)

Buser is now in 11th... and I was wrong! the race is still going... but in a few hours it'll be over for 1st... Sorlie and some guy named Ed Iten left Safety a while ago, and will be running through "no mans land" and then NOME *sigh*

Maybe something will happen, they get lost and Buser pulls ahead LOL

Jeff King is in 10th btw

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Thanks for the update Tonichelle!!

I was actually thinking about this earlier today between the Ladies QR and start of the Pairs LP. You have perfect timing!! If you're around when the live feed for the finish line comes on, please make a post. As a "spoiled" person, I'm keeping all kinds of crazy hours this week.

DG

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
thanks Gerry...

I am watching my local stations to see if they're broadcasting yet and so hopefully I have a while to go...

:( I really wanted Buser to win :(

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
ok so I missed him crossing the finish, but they are interviewing Sorlie right now

poopy.... :mad: :cry:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Oh No!!

milanessa said:
The live feed is on now.

gerry

LOL, I've got Eurosport on the real player now (audio only for Pairs LP) and will have it on the Russian station after that for video of the Pairs LP.........

I definitely have to look on Tivo so I record the race. I know they always televise it later, I just have to make sure to find it.

DG

Hey Toni,
Maybe this is the wrong thread to put this on, but even though your favorite didn't win the race, the fact that (a) you were chosen on the strength of your previous work to be an official photographer; (b) the photos you've shared with us have been awesome!; (c) the experience you've gained plus the addition of these photos to your resume and portofolio; and (d) the sheer excitement of it all will surely be an absolutely fantastic memory!

Congratulations, Toni. I'm no expert, but I'd say you are officially on your way! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Rgirl :)

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Rgirl said:
Hey Toni,
Maybe this is the wrong thread to put this on, but even though your favorite didn't win the race, the fact that (a) you were chosen on the strength of your previous work to be an official photographer; (b) the photos you've shared with us have been awesome!; (c) the experience you've gained plus the addition of these photos to your resume and portofolio; and (d) the sheer excitement of it all will surely be an absolutely fantastic memory!

Congratulations, Toni. I'm no expert, but I'd say you are officially on your way! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Rgirl :)
AWWWWWWWWWWWW, Thanks Rgirl!!!!! I really appreciate that. Haven't been feeling great this past week (spring break should have been this week) and that just made my day! :)

It was fun, and I'd probably jump at the chance to do it again... but at the same time, I also want to be able to publish my work sooner than May LOL so I dunno... we'll see... if he offers this next year then I am totally going for it as that would show well on a resume, but after that I'm not sure just because I want to take shots of just dogs or just mushers too :laugh: with *MY* camera ;)

Buser BARELY made it to Nome... ended up with 6 dogs from Safety to Nome (the least amount you can have is 5 to cross teh finish line) I still don't know what made him drop over half his team. It's unlike that team to all need to be dropped. But Buser is always cautious about his dogs, and after Paul Gebhart lost a dog (no idea why as it was only a few miles out of a check point where they stayed for 26 hours and the Vets on call said there was nothing wrong with the dog... as did several veteran mushers... Paul was extremely upset about the whole thing :() I think Buser REALLY scaled back. Dogs are more important than winning for these mushers, which is awesome... anywho, Buser ended up in 13th :(

but the BIGGEST bummer is that Rachael Scdoris withdrew from the race :( I haven't read why yet. My guess is that she was really injured after running her sled into a tree (it happens even with "normal" vision) *sigh*

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
JOHIO2 said:
Toni,

I think Rachel won just by being there. Next time she'll finish!
LAst I heard she isn't planning on running again :(

I hope she decides to give it another go, though...

JOHIO2

Medalist
Toni,

never say never. she can always change her mind and i suspect that the idea of getting farther or finishing will be irresistable.