American Idol 3/15 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

American Idol 3/15

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Due to my preoccupation with the World Figure Skating Championships on the CBC I am missing this weeks rounds of AI, but thanks to the reviews here can see what's happening on AI. I was rather surprised to learn that Mario left. Wonder why?

Well, let me know who gets kicked off this week - hope it is Scott.

:rofl:

RealtorGal said:
This is just personal opinion, but I am totally and completely turned OFF by guys with long hair. I like men to look clean shaven with short hair.
Oh, don't even let me get started on young guys with beautiful clean long hair. Remember when Piel said "Spinning Wheel" reminded her of a certain summer night in her teens? That's me with a certain long-haired boyfriend in college. The music was blues from the early '30s, though. But we'd need at least an R-rated forum for me to comment on that. Purrrrrrrr--RRROWRRR!!!

BTW, I missed the "vote-off" show so, like Toni, inquiring minds want to know.

Rgirl

Last edited:

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Rgirl said:
Oh, don't even let me get started on young guys with beautiful clean[/I[ long hair. Remember when Piel said "Spinning Wheel" reminded her of a certain summer night in her teens? Thats me with a certain long-haired boyfriend in college. But we'd need at least an R-rated forum for me to comment on that. Purrrrrrrr--RRROWRRR!!!

BTW, I missed the "vote-off" show so, like Toni, inquiring minds want to know.

Rgirl

Hee Hee on the memories of certain hot summer nights with a long haired cutie. ;) And a Harley. And leather pants.

I missed the vote off too. I've got it on Tivo but I bet by the time I'm back from my meeting this morning someone will have filled us all in. I bet one of the girls will be going home. (It's only one voted off per week, right?)

DG

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
The three with the least votes were Lindsey, Jessica, and Mikalah. The two with the least votes were Lindsey and Mikalah. Lindsey was sent home. PLUS they allowed her to butcher "Knock on Wood" AGAIN. Making it worse was that an hour earlier they played Eddie Floyd's version on "American Dreams". BTW if anyone else saw AD what did you think of Paris Hilton's portryal of Barbara Eden? :disagree:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I didn't want anyone to be voted off really........like them all, even quirky Mikaylah......how many will they take on tour, I wonder. Hope they make it back to the Savemart Center in Fresno because this time, I'm going.

Lindsay needs to be on a stool with a guitar crooning into a mike. Her voice doesn't hold up full stage with a big band at her back..........42

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
show 42 said:
Lindsay needs to be on a stool with a guitar crooning into a mike. Her voice doesn't hold up full stage with a big band at her back..........42

Lindsey needs to find another career and go once a week to karaoke night.

I'm no expert for sure, but my ears tell me Lindsey just can't sing. I wasn't surprised to see her go home.
I was real surprised to see Jessica in the bottom 3.
From lurking on other boards, it seems Mikalah has a huge fan base of young girls who will probably call in enough votes to keep her around for awhile. She sounded terrible to me in her solo bit in that group song they sang.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I didn't agree with Jessica being in the bottom 3 either, but at least they sent the right person home. Nice outburst from Mikalah before the last commercial break -- real professional. Good thing she's not going to win this thing, because I feel sorry for any record producer who'd have to work with her; she'd probably be a major pain in the a**.....

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
yeah if I were Ryan I would have smacked her... did she seriously say what I thought I heard her say??? If so she should have been booted then and there... LOL

She will not be in the bottom 3 next week... her fans on some sort of drug will make sure of that (think Jasmine after she was in the bottom three... UGH)

Jessica has a reputation on the boards as being a b*tch... I don't know where they got their so called info... but they said they were proved correct because she wasn't all huggy on Mikailah like Lindsay was (it looked to me like Mikailah was doing more of the hugging though LOL)

oh and completely off tpic but I found this ecard and it cracked me up...
http://www2.msn.americangreetings.com/display.pd?bfrom=1&prodnum=3057277&path=23531

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I thought Lindsay's voice sounded nice and mellow during auditions. It just doesn't seem to project well when she's on stage.................42

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
What did Mikahla say that was so obnoxious? I didn't watch the results show because it conflicts with "Alias." Besides, I just need to know who is out--I can read that on the Internet. No sense in wasting 1/2 hour of my time to watch Ryan "gag me" Seacrest. :p

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I'm kind of wondering what exactly Mikalah said, too; I heard the squawk behind Ryan but I couldn't catch specific words.

Lindsay's main problem Tue night was her song selection -- her voice is WAY TOO FAR in the lower registers to pull that one off properly.

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I didn't hear what she said but what happened was Ryan in his "trying to heighten the drama" way said to Mikaylah (when it was just Mikaylah and Lindsey remaining and this is not an exact quote)..........."I'm sorry Mikayla but you.........will have to wait for three minutes to find out who's going home". Mikayla then shrieked something. To me it seemed totally appropriate for the situation. The producers got what they wanted ...DRAMA. This is a sixteen year old girl we're talking about. With teenage girls you get drama and then some, LOL..

Does anyone have any info on why Mario left the show? Someone today told me that it was because he had been a back up singer for Micheal Jackson and had released an album in Europe. Not sure how much if any of it is the truth.