Ladies - Qualifying A - Comments | Golden Skate

Ladies - Qualifying A - Comments

Effy

Rinkside
fumie is now in the lead Michelle third (nfm)

And Slutskaya is next to skate

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm really surprised at MK's scores. Even the PCS are not great. I guess the judges did not like Bolero. Or MK is past her prime. Well it's only 25% but does not bode well. Second group in short program.

Eeyora

Final Flight
I knew she should have chacked the program. Perhaps she should hat debuted the her new Olympic program

Kuchana

On the Ice
yelyoh said:
I'm really surprised at MK's scores. Even the PCS are not great. I guess the judges did not like Bolero. Or MK is past her prime. Well it's only 25% but does not bode well. Second group in short program.

What are her chances for the short and long?

Michelle doubled the sal and flip:(

SunshineSlayer

Rinkside
I don't know, but at this point she is behind Sasha, Miki, Fumie, and Carolina with Irina and Shiz still to skate, plus a few others that could pull off an upset.
wow. wow. wow.

Kuchana

On the Ice
Irina is leading...she got better scores than Sasha.

Irina SLUTSKAYA RUS 119.08 59.24 59.84 7.70 7.15 7.45 7.55 7.55 0.00 #6

cianni

On the Ice
comments

Remember RV didnt think she had a chance and she won. Hoping!!! Maybe she was nervous skating under COP for the 1st. time. The ice is slippery just never know. She must be really disappointed.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
I think MK should do well in the SP. She can catch up to everyone exect Irina.
She will only be two points behind Sasha and Fumie going in. I mean she could be in second after the SP. But, then she has to skate Bolero again. I doubt she will be on the medal stand unless she has the skate of a lifetime and the others melt a little. But hey, you never know.

Last edited:

Eeyora

Final Flight
I am really wondering if Michelle is okay. You know now I m wondering if there was more to not skating in the Grand Prix Maybe she does have an injury she doesn't want to inflame. I am not making excuses I am also worried about Shizuka. I don't think Michelle totally took things easy and just sat around

With factoring, Michelle is about 5 points behind Irina. This is only the value of one jump, so anything possible.

But the bigger concern is that it looks like Michelle just laid an egg on this one. Not only the two missed jumps, but according to Rosaleen her spins were off. too, and the whole program just didn't click. It takes three good skates to win a world championship.

Fortunately, her Spartacus short program rocks. :rock: She will have a good chance to pull herself up to podium chances tomorrow night. She's still the Kween. :love:

I can't wait to see what Jenny does.

Mathman

Eeyora

Final Flight
True she isn't that far behind. But the question is can she still do the jumps? All I can say is if anybody can comeback it is Michelle.

Last edited:

vixen62025

Rinkside
Well based on the practices I saw at Nationals and the reports we've heard from Moscow, MK can still do the jumps. (I never saw her fall once in Portland.) It sounds like her nerves may have done her in this afternoon. :cry: