Dance - Original Dance - Notes from Rosaleen | Golden Skate

Dance - Original Dance - Notes from Rosaleen

Rosaleen

Medalist
Note: The following reports are copyright Golden Skate. Please, while you may provide links to reports, do not copy & paste them elsewhere. Thank you.

Please don't post in this thread (it's easier for me), use the thread for the event marked 'comments'. Thanks

My notes on dance aren't as good usually as the other disciplines. Dance takes even more words than pairs to describe. . . I'll do my best, but might not be able to give full descriptions of all the programs, but will try and at least give you the highlights.

They've done the introductions and the teams will be on the ice for their warm-up in a minute or so.

Rosaleen

Medalist
GER Beier / Beier Start 1
Notes Music: Quick /Fox / Quick Costumes: her in dark royal blue on top with light blue skirt him in black tails / only saw the last part of their dance - had to run and get a 'cheat sheet' and then I get back and they're handing them out to the reporters in the stands -- bad timing, I should have waited a minute. What I did see was nice and dancey, their diag steps were right with the music and seemed fairly complex with nice holds / pb 43.57 / 27.24 from CD /

Rosaleen

Medalist
POL Kauc / Zych Start 2
Notes Music: fox / quick Costumes: her in mauve shading to pink at hem him in tails / midline steps start the program and they were well matched for the 2nd half (which is all I saw - still getting organized a bit) / music is now too hot to hold and some dancing in place starts the quick step and then around the rink with a rot hold while maybe simple is in char of the dance and part of the dance / diag steps the same thing / pb 47.37 / 26.58 from cd /

Rosaleen

Medalist
GER Haunstetter / Honlein Start 3
Notes Music: Charl / Fox / Charl from Chicago / Costumes: her in white him in dark vest & pants / music is razzle dazzle for midline and into spin which had a nice touch of them in opposing camels and going up and down with the music (teeter-totter effect). Generally I enjoyed the dance, still not quite organized and wasn't writing as they were skating so can't comment on the details, sorry -- hope that's the last team that I won't have proper comments for / pb - none / 22.91 from CD /

Rosaleen

Medalist
UZB Akimova / Shakalov Start 4
Notes Music: charl / fox / quick all from "the Mask" / she's in red with illusion at waist him in tails / midline steps were decent and matched but very slow across the ice / the middle music was 16 tons / it was an ok dance, but it didn't grab me and I (honestly) wasn't paying a lot of attention / pb 33.11 / 24.25 from CD /

Rosaleen

Medalist
UKR Golovina / Voiko Start 5
Notes Music: fox / quick Costumes: her in hot pink with purple on bodice him in tails / I pick it up at the midline - watching properly now - looked quite difficult to me and in good unison / into rot & curve lift / spin has them starting in trad pairs sit then to him in sit her in cam / music is quickstep now and while they're with the beat, they aren't giving a true sense of what (IMO) a quickstep should be / into diag ftwrk and then rotational lift to end the program / pb 44.48 / 25.24 from CD /

Rosaleen

Medalist
SUI Keller / Keller Start 6
Notes music: charl / fox / quick Costumes her in black flapper style him in black with pink trim & dark yellow shirt / music has crowd clapping and boy are they moving / midline steps to whistling - pretty good unison / rot lift starts with her leg around his neck / music is now 'you cam have it ' / curve lift with him in bent leg spread eagle & her on his thighs / into dance spin I didn't really see / music is now quickstep - they're moving with the beat but again, it doesn't really have that 'skippy' quickstep feel / pb 35.53 / 21.05 from CD /

Rosaleen

Medalist
BLR Galcheniuk / Krupen Start 7
Notes Music: fox / quick Costumes: I remember these - Jr Worlds?? / her in orange & royal blue with 'target' on one side of chest / music is take my love. . . / they're really moving slow across the ice and look like they're having to really work / now into quickstep and some dancing in place - / midline has pretty good unison and actually moves across the ice better than the 1st part of their program / rot lift has her circling his body holding her skate blade / pb 34.68 / 13.36 from CD /

Rosaleen

Medalist
AUS Buck / Nelson-Bond Start 8
Notes Music: Chal/ Fox / Charl Costumes: him in black & white stripes & spats her I sprakly pink top & white skirt / some fun chor in place into rot lift with her in splits and then goes other direction with her in catch foot / diag ftwrk is ok - nice feel to it / and some dancing now in char / foxtrot now - somewhere beyond the sea in an ugly female breathy voice / some nice dancing - not sure of difficulty but I like it / spin too close to near boards to really see / midline steps start & end the twizzles together but my eye sees something not quite in sync between the start & end / then was interrupted with bulletin on Plushenko / pb 32.82 / 21.85 from CD /

Rosaleen

Medalist
ITA Aureli / Vaturi Start 9
Notes Quick / fox / quick Costumes:; her in sparkly pink - Barb's old one I think him in tails / down the ice and into midline - good unison / stepping out with my baby now - how many times will I hear this today? / they seem a little sloppy to me as they dance down the side of the rink and around the far end / dance spin has a nice feel to it / diag ftwrk to quick step - moves ok but one of them is doing anything at a particular time - they seem to be taking turns doing the ftwrk / pb 38.02 / 23.83 from CD /

Rosaleen

Medalist
MEX Munana / Munana Start 10
Notes Music: charl / fox / charl Costumes: her in silver very short (esp by today's standards) string skirt him in dark vest & pants white shirt / music is all from Chicago / midline steps he touched down on the 1st set of twizzles / razzle dazzle again - I don't mind as it brings back some very fond memories of a show I was part of / spin is kind of neat and different / hot honey rag now - diag steps have a couple of nice touches and they are moving quite well / that was fun and they were in character of the dance the whole time / technically??? I don't know / pb 41.57 / 23.95 from CD /

Rosaleen

Medalist
FRA Pechalat / Bourzat Start 11
Notes Music: charl / fox /quick Costumes: fushia & black her with string skirt / midline looked to me (as I was sitting down) like a major mistep by her / diag steps both working - some good steps & flow but a little clutchy/grabby with the hold changes / last lift was her in splits with string skirt only partially keeping it from being indecent / pb 47.24 / 30.00 from CD /

Rosaleen

Medalist
ISR Gudina / Beletski Start 12
Notes Music: charl / fox / quick Costumes: neon orange & black- my eyes hurt / moving quite fast around the rink and miming a bit of comedy / rot lift was fast / spin is centered with good speed - kneeling pos was nice / into foxtrot and now midline - he had a slip and then they were way out of sync on twizzles think each of them had a slip inthem / quickstep - dancin' fool for diag steps that get really slow stowards the end / rot lift with her on his should leg around neck and he drops here into a lower how about waist height / that was a bit of a disaster / pb 47.84 / 28.40 from CD /

Rosaleen

Medalist
USA Gregory / Petukhov Start 13
Notes Music: charl / fox / charl Costumes: her in hote pink with white & puple string skirt him in dark vest & pants & white shirt / music from chicago / around and into midline - was going great and right with music until twizzles near end and she had trouble on both of them / didn't see lift (writing) / into razzle dazzle now / curve lift with him in spread eagle into rot lift / spin has her in cam him in sit then him upright her in Y / diag steps (we're into quickstep now) - both doing their bit / finish with them in low move with them supporting each other - think clowns during ice show - no idea what to call it -- crowd loved it / pb 55.1 / 34.4 from CD /

Rosaleen

Medalist
GBR Kerr / Kerr Start 14
Notes Music: Fox / quick Costumes: her in sparkly long full yellow dress him in tails / some nice movement to opening music / baby it's cold outside / diag ftwrk on one foot for each for the 1/2 half / rot lift with her draped over one of his arms and then changes pos to her higher on his body / quickstep now and into midline - very good & close until end of 1st twizzles where they seemed a little out of sync and out again on 2nd set a bit / curve lift was nice with him in bent leg spread eagle and her in 'swan dive' pos resting on his thighs / into spin of which I didn't note the detail - busy writing about lift <G> / pb 48.85 / 32.63 from CD /

Rosaleen

Medalist
CHN Yang / Gao Start 15
Notes Music: fox / charl Costumes black her with horizontal silver lines - layers of fringe - flapper style / missed the 1st lift / spin is nice & centered with good speed & nice pos / diag steps are ok - good flow - maybe a little simple / into yes sir that's my baby and the crowd is clapping - nice & dancey into midline - unison looked really good & nice flow / splits lift with her facing him / some more dancing and having fun with the music / finished a tiny bit behind their music / pb 42.50 / 27.57 from CD /

Rosaleen

Medalist
ARM Grebenkina / Azrojan Start 16
Notes Music: Quick / Fox / Quick Costumes black & red with lots of silver glitter / quickstep has a quickstep feel to it (IMO) - maybe not difficult but dancey / midline seems to be pretty well in unison / now foxgtrot for spin / some dancing that while in time with the foxtrot doesn't seem to move right to me / rot lift with her up around his neck / back to quickstep and some dancing in place then diag which I think was quite good / rot lift with her circling his body / pb 44.15 / 28.53 from CD /

Rosaleen

Medalist
HUN Hoffmann / Elek Start 17
Notes Music: fox / quick Costumes: her in sprakly white with diag cutout across back & front skirt is wide black feathers - this dress makes her look big if you can believe that / singing in the rain / nice chor to start / curve lift with him in low pos with her circling his body and he rises and does the rot lift / diag steps are with music - didn't note them enough to describe better / spin is very well done with him in sit to start / now into puttin on the ritz and some what seemed a little sloppy dancing downthe side of the rink into midline which was very good with good unison for the 1/2 half and I think he had trouble on both the twizzles / into rot lift to end the program / pb 46.77 / 30.17 from CD /

Rosaleen

Medalist
JPN Watanabe / Kido Start 18
Notes Music: Quick /fox/quick Costumes: neon yellow-green for her him in mainly black / girls girls girls - moving quite quickly around the rink and into diag steps which maintains a nice dance hold throughout - good speed and both doing the work / now fox spin with him in sit her in camel change to other foot - not bad / they had good feeling for the 1st music but I don't get a foxtrot from this at all - and the music isn't helping / back to quick step for midline - 1st twizzles very very good and I couldn't tell you how many revs - lots, 2nd were slower & fewer revs - good unison throughout the sequence / rot lift to end the program / pb 51.52 / 29.20 from CD /

Rosaleen

Medalist
RUS Kulikova / Novikov Start 19
Notes Music: Quick / Fox / Quick Costumes: her in red with long black string skirt & elbow gloves / girls girls girls / right into midline - unison seemed really good - think it might be simpler than some we've seen, but I'm not expert / New York, New York now - crowd is clapping / spin gets a little slow but pos are very good - her in cam him in sit both front & back / low curve lift with her in splits facing him then rises to rot lift / cabaret now for diag steps that seem to die towards the end / rot lift with her in slipts is good and fast but thin there might have been a problem on th dismount / pb 51.11 / 31.21 from CD /