Top o the mornin to ya! | Golden Skate

Top o the mornin to ya!

Longhornliz

Final Flight
Happy St. Patricks Day!!!!!

Do you celebrate this holiday? Its a big event in my family... even though its a little bit of a made up holiday. We always make colecannon which is a tastey dish made with mashed potatoes, cabbage, and left over roast. I also always like to go out on the town on st patricks day, its the one day of the year my red hair is truely appreciated.

Is 11am too early for a green beer?

4dogknight

Final Flight
I also echo the greeting and I added something more appropriate to the day to the Quote of the Day thread.

4dk - who didn't mean to slight anyone who is Irish or wishes they were on this day.

JOHIO2

Medalist
Liz,

Here in Cleveland we have a big St. Paddy's Day parade. They even show it live on tv. Big parade and very big audience here. but we don't dye the Cuyahoga green. We leave that kind of activity to Chicago. But, we do drink green beer. (Hey, isn't a little early where you are - at least here you can have it with your lunch! :rock: )

Aloft04

On the Ice
...and the rest 'o the day to ya!!! "

No green - no mercy :biggrin: .....(I got pinched twice before I found a scarf with green in it to accessorize my purple outfit. Urp.)

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
To answer your question...

Longhornliz said:
Happy St. Patricks Day!!!!!

Do you celebrate this holiday? Its a big event in my family... even though its a little bit of a made up holiday. We always make colecannon which is a tastey dish made with mashed potatoes, cabbage, and left over roast. I also always like to go out on the town on st patricks day, its the one day of the year my red hair is truely appreciated.

Is 11am too early for a green beer?

Not no, HELL no!! 11AM is NOT too early for Green Beer on this wonderful holiday. Enjoy!!

DG

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I totally forgot what day it is -- When I saw the heading "Top o the Morning to ya!" on the thread list, my initial reaction was, "Well, what the hell is she so perky about this morning??" :laugh: :laugh:

diver chick

On the Ice
Well I am Irish and this is the one time of year I truly miss being at home :( I love the parades, the green milkshakes from McDonalds followed by the green beer in the pubs! The last couple of years I have been stuck in Wales with nobody who is willing to come out and celebrate with me and this year I just haven't had the time.

Can't wait to move back to Ireland, although I am determned to experience St Patricks day in Boston sometime before I die :)

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Doggygirl said:
Not no, HELL no!! 11AM is NOT too early for Green Beer on this wonderful holiday. Enjoy!! DG
Doggygirl, have you been in the green beer already?? Get a grip. :laugh: :laugh:

Dee (who has joined forces with the leprechaun police and will arrest DG if she doesn’t straighten up) :laugh: :laugh:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
My hubby's family is Irish....that makes my kids half-Irish..........but I'm still half Italian and half Finnish.........We wear green at school and they serve green jello for dessert. That's about it for us. 42

Kurt's Girl

Rinkside
Heh, I'm mostly Scottish myself, so I celebrate by dressing in orange from head to toe. ;)

Just kidding. Sadly, our campus pup is closed for Spring Break, so I can't do out. :( However, my buddies and I stocked up last week, so we'll be in good shape for a low key celebration this evening. :rock: