Drobiazko and Vanagas aiming for comeback | Golden Skate

Drobiazko and Vanagas aiming for comeback

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
Speaking of possible comebacks..

I just read (from a russian website) that D&V are planning to come back for the 2006 Olympic games. They already got themselves a coach, Yelena Maslennikova.

Here's a link (it is in Russian):

http://sport.gazeta.ru/sport/2005/03/a_254703.shtml

Basically it is a commentary on the OD. Vanagas was complaining about the judging (what else is new???).

On the same site, a very interesting interview with Grushina and Goncharov:

http://sport.gazeta.ru/sport/2005/03/a_254784.shtml

(I would love to translate but till the w/e, sorry!).

G&G also are not thrilled about the judging, with respect to B&A (they say that B&A get higher than deserved levels, when other pairs perform these elements just as well but get a lower level. I should point out that G&G "compaigned" on the behalf of other couples, not themselves).

Yana

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
When they do return to competition, will they also continue their habit of being whiny babies when they don't get the placement they believe they deserved? :p

STL_Blues_fan

Final Flight
I just looked at the dance teams entry and noticed that Luthiania did not send a team to Worlds this year. I think they have a another senior team - or are they Jrs? The girl's name is Clover Zaltzman.

So does it mean they would have to go through the qual in order to earn a spot for the Olympics?

They always complain..they did get the short end of the stick a number of times but most teams get shafted now and then yet very few protest formally..

Yana

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
STL_Blues_fan said:
I just looked at the dance teams entry and noticed that Luthiania did not send a team to Worlds this year. I think they have a another senior team - or are they Jrs? The girl's name is Clover Zaltzman.

So does it mean they would have to go through the qual in order to earn a spot for the Olympics?

They always complain..they did get the short end of the stick a number of times but most teams get shafted now and then yet very few protest formally..

Yana

They will have to do what Lu Chen did in 1998 =( I've always liked this team. They almost always did get shafted, but they were good. I think Denkova/Staviysky are heading down the same path...