Rusty Hanger Awards...somebody has to start it! | Golden Skate

Rusty Hanger Awards...somebody has to start it!

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Well, of course for Men Joubert's SP costume is my Men's pick so far.

Now. For ladies. I love Dytrt's skating and I was :cry: when she fell. But was that a spangley HAND on her boob?????

I haven't watched much ice dancing yet, but I'm sure we'll have many nominations for that categoy by this afternoon. ;)

DG

Hikaru

Final Flight
Doggygirl said:
Well, of course for Men Joubert's SP costume is my Men's pick so far.

Now. For ladies. I love Dytrt's skating and I was :cry: when she fell. But was that a spangley HAND on her boob?????

I haven't watched much ice dancing yet, but I'm sure we'll have many nominations for that categoy by this afternoon. ;)

DG
I second that. Actually the music was good for Joubert, it suit him well... the outfit, which looks to me as a galactic rock star (whatever that is) is a no-no.
I was not crazy either by Stephane's outfit either, but I wouldn't quite put it in rusty hanger.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Lol...

Hikaru said:
I second that. Actually the music was good for Joubert, it suit him well... the outfit, which looks to me as a galactic rock star (whatever that is) is a no-no.
I was not crazy either by Stephane's outfit either, but I wouldn't quite put it in rusty hanger.

Joubert would fit right in at a Star Trek convention...

DG

diver chick

On the Ice
I am voting for Liashenko's SP - I hate that style of making a costume out of illusion fabric and then strategically placing little bits of sparkle.

Hikaru

Final Flight
diver chick said:
I am voting for Liashenko's SP - I hate that style of making a costume out of illusion fabric and then strategically placing little bits of sparkle.
absolutely!! that's something for Britney Spears. I haven't liked one of Liashenko's outfits in quite a while.

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
Joubert's SP definitely. Must also include a comment on the return of day-glo to the pairs event.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
diver chick said:

ITA. I think over-use of illusion fabric should have a category all it's own. I dislike ALL the ladies costumes where they have big cutouts on the sides coming all the way around towards the front. (i.e Sokolova's, but there are others too).

DG

rain

Record Breaker
Yes, Joubert's was quite awful, but to me Lambiel's was soooo very highschool theatre. Haven't seen the ladies yet, so I can't comment.

On the plus side, I adore Arakawa's new look - bravo - and Maria Petrova wins the way to go on the hair straightener award - far more flattering for her.

Best costume: Slutskaya

Worst haircuts: Lambiel, Lysacek, Weir, Buttle

Best haircut: Arakawa.

MM

rain

Record Breaker
How could I have forgotton Obertas and Slavnov's hideous and blinding LP costumes. I didn't think it was possible to come up with such an offensive shade - somewhere indeterminate between yellow and green, and I think I'm still seeing spots. Bright doesn't even begin to describe it.

Hikaru

Final Flight
Mathman said:
Best costume: Slutskaya

Worst haircuts: Lambiel, Lysacek, Weir, Buttle

Best haircut: Arakawa.

MM

LOL I actually like Weir's haircut, and Arakawa's as well (they look out of a japanese manga!)

Now, what do you think of the pants costumes for the ladies? I think Sltskaya and Suguri have good ones, I like them. However nothing does it better for me than a nice dress.

Hikaru

Final Flight
rain said:
How could I have forgotton Obertas and Slavnov's hideous and blinding LP costumes. I didn't think it was possible to come up with such an offensive shade - somewhere indeterminate between yellow and green, and I think I'm still seeing spots. Bright doesn't even begin to describe it.
What I learned from them was never to use neon-green spandex :biggrin:

Sk8n Mama

Final Flight
I hate the pants. Looks like they're ready for practice rather than competing. I like the ladies to look like ladies and those pants do not do it!

Antilles

Medalist
I like the addition of pants to the women's event.

I would vote to add Navka's OD dress to the rusty hanger list. What was all that crap hanging off of it? It looked like she was sprouting roots.

lotusland

On the Ice
Haven't seen the ladies LP or Dance yet so my list is pretty short

MEN:
Lambiel's long - reminds me of something someone's mom would make for their little darling's club ice show. Very amateurish.
Buttle's long - the pants look like Blue Skies practice wear, and the top actually makes Jeff look fat, not to mention gives me motion sickness.
Weir's long - looks like it was made out of everyone else's left over fabric
Sandhu's short - Blech!

PAIRS:
NO! NO! NO! to everyone who clad themselves in flourescent spandex! :eek:

castmembersonly

Rinkside
Stepane's "armor" ! I didn't know who he was for Halloween...Lancelot, Boba Fett, the tin man, or possibly a guy in a bulletproof vest?????????

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Most improved costume...

SHIZ!!!! I LOVED her new black LP costume. A dramatic improvement over that pink and white disaster from earlier this season. I also love her new hair and look. WOW. Wish I looked like that!!

Also, could someone please tell the ladies who skate to bird music that they don't have to dress like a bird. We get it...without the need for feathers or bird heads on the costumes. This was a problem last year - the year of the Swan. And it was also a problem this year - the year of the Firebird. Miki was the worst offender IMO. We can probably be thankfully she will be skating to something else next year (I actually liked her previous LP better (and the costume too) - why oh why did she Return to the Bird??

I take consolation from the fact that a few feathers and bird heads on the ladies is a long stretch ahead of all the various miscellaneous stuff that dangles all over many of the ice dancers!!

Snarking on those costumes...

DG