Dance - Free Dance - Comments | Golden Skate

Dance - Free Dance - Comments

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm early but GO MELISSA AND DENIS & TANITH AND BEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :rock:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
G&P's placement makes it really exciting - if B&A hold on to 2nd place, US get its 3 spots; it they slip - it's back to 2.

MarieM

On the Ice
And who was once again robbed ? Delobel and Schoenfelder, Dubreuil & Lauzon and Pechalat & Bourzat ....

How long are they going to pay for A&P Gold Medal ?!

And N&K were hilariously bad tonight. Not a single twizzles correctly skated, stumbled on crossovers from both partners and so on. What a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hikaru

Final Flight
MarieM said:
And who was once again robbed ? Delobel and Schoenfelder, Dubreuil & Lauzon and Pechalat & Bourzat ....

How long are they going to pay for A&P Gold Medal ?!

And N&K were hilariously bad tonight. Not a single twizzles correctly skated, stumbled on crossovers from both partners and so on. What a joke.

Really? Rosaleen reported that it was one of their best performances. Delobel and Schoenfelder got the highest TES though, good for them! and Yay for Tanith and Ben, they are great!

MarieM

On the Ice
You can't have the best TES and not the strongest scores of components in Ice dancing. read the book you'll understand what I mean. thought you can have great components and average TES.

The whole championships were a farce judge wise, and protocol judging is now as its best with COP. I thought Ice dance was the only discipline suffering of it, but now all of them do. Ladies Short Program seems to be right on with my meaning.

Excuse my poor english tonight am just totally annoyed.

Hikaru

Final Flight
MarieM said:
You can't have the best TES and not the strongest scores of components in Ice dancing. read the book you'll understand what I mean. thought you can have great components and average TES.

The whole championships were a farce judge wise, and protocol judging is now as its best with COP. I thought Ice dance was the only discipline suffering of it, but now all of them do. Ladies Short Program seems to be right on with my meaning.

Excuse my poor english tonight am just totally annoyed.
Geez don't take it out on me! I was just asking you opinion since I haven't seen the competition, and the only report I have read was Rosaleen's...

MarieM

On the Ice
Sorry am not harsh on you, just pissed off because the judges act like crap all over again and I just can't stand this political game anymore :)

by no means was I talking harsh to you, I hope you'll understand :)

Hikaru

Final Flight
MarieM said:
Sorry am not harsh on you, just pissed off because the judges act like crap all over again and I just can't stand this political game anymore :)

by no means was I talking harsh to you, I hope you'll understand :)

That's OK, I understand :)

ChiSk8Fan

On the Ice
The overall skating shows....

Belbin and Agosto are the true stars of current ice dance, and along with Delobel and Schoenfelder, they have the hardest and best techniques in the various areas of ice dance which they excel. Belbin and Agosto have the best twizzles, hardest twizzles with speed and unison, and some of the best dance spins. Their unison, especially in the footwork, is terrific, and they are fast.

This might be the beginning of a bit of a dinasty for Belbin and Agosto. Having earned a full team for the US, they will be getting full backing and support from the USFS with opportunities coming their way for the next five seasons until they reach the Olympics.

Congratulations to them! They have earned their new careers as professional "eligible" skaters. If they can maintain their focus on this job for the next five seasons, life will be good for them, full of championships and a final Olympic berth.

Excellent for US Ice Dance.

MarieM

On the Ice
And excellent for the ISU to get more money from NA tv contracts :biggrin:

All is political in figure skating, and what lacks is money right now :biggrin:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
CONGRATS TO TANITH & BEN!!

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

I was expecting third at best -- but a silver?? The first US silver in World Dance since 1975?? WOW!!

Now, if we just get our Pairs back up to a decent level.....

Ogre Mage

On the Ice
A big hurray for Tanith and Ben! Their first world medal -- a silver! That's UNHEARD of for a USA couple. They are now officially part of skating's elite! And to sweeten the deal, B&A and G&P secured 3 spots for next year!

rain

Record Breaker
That was a way more enjoyable set of free dances than last year. Not nearly so many programs that looked as if they could have been skated to any piece of music they decided to play.

The biggest highlight was the French team Delobel/Shoenfelder. I thought they should have won the free dance portion of the event. They made it look effortless, while doing one of the most difficult programs out there. Their lifts were all tasteful and some stunning. It was just shockingly beautiful, a program I will remember for a long time. They were so smooth, so elegant and passionate.

My next favs were the Americans. Loved the high energy of their dance and the complex steps. The gypsy theme was perfect for them. Also loved that he is as much of a feature as she is. This team is so exciting to watch. I desperately hope she gets her citizenship so they can compete next year at the Olympics.

Navka and Kostomorov only had the third best free in my estimation. They were smooth and fast, but the lifts...so ugly - the pelvis thrust was particularly tasteless, IMO. Hope they have something better for next year, as I have a suspicion their ascent to the Olympic gold is going to be largely unhindered. I'd at least like to enjoy it.

Was pleasantly surprised by the Ukrainians. Some wonderful highlight lifts and footword. Looked like they ran out of gas a little at the end, but overall much improved over when I saw them last.

Denkova and Staviski had a really unlikeable freedance this year. They are wonderful skaters but this was not a wonderful vehicle for them. They are another team that could take a good hard look at whether the lifts are nice to watch rather than just difficult.

Dubreuil and Lauzon - I really loved their dance this year. They had the best lifts of the competition - all smooth, difficult AND tasteful. Loved their theme and how they carried through their performance. Found that perhaps they didn't have the speed of the top teams. As a Canadian, I hope they can rack up a personal best next year at the Olympics before they retire. I will miss them.

katherine2001

On the Ice
I just wish that Tanith and Ben's silver would get our government rolling on getting Tanith her citizenship prior to the Olympics so that they could compete at the Olympics. They would have a very good chance of medaling--who knows, maybe they could win the gold! They certainly have the capability.