Attendance at events | Golden Skate

Attendance at events

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Someone at this board commented on how empty the stands seem. I found here a Russian article that talks about how Moscow seems to have a much lower attendance than St. Petersburg. Marinin said that St. Pete got more people in for the Nationals than Moscow for the Worlds!

This was the response of one of the readers:
Most of the tickets to the Moscow championships are sold not in Luzhniki (the stadium where the competition takes place), but through some soccer tourist agency, which many people don't know. There is no information about having to get the tickets not in Luzhniks but elsewhere. It's a paradox: the ticket boxes don't have tickets, but nobody knows where to get them.

Now for the prices. The ceapest tickets for the short program are 700 r ($1 ~30r), for the free - 900 r, for the exhibitions - 1500 r. In St. Petersburg in march, the exhibition tickets where 200 - 900 r. That I think answers everything.

By the way, when Ilya Averbukh had his show in Moscow in December (prices ranging from 150 to 1000 r), there wasn't an empty seat in the house. So don't be cross with the Moskovites

Sounds to me like much of the Soviet era mentality mixed in with emerging capitalism is still in full force...

And if you're wondering about those pricces for the Russian people - yes, they are prohibitevely expensive. We may think of $50 as a reasonable price to pay for the cheapest seats at exhibitions, but don't forget that Russians make much less than we do. Those earning $500 - $1000/ month are considered to be doing quite well (not enough to afford any luxury, but certainly OK).

Last edited:

mzheng

Record Breaker
Ptichka said:
Sounds to me like much of the Soviet era mentality mixed in with emerging capitalism is still in full force...

And if you're wondering about those pricces for the Russian people - yes, they are prohibitevely expensive. We may think of $50 as a reasonable price to pay for the cheapest seats at exhibitions, but don't forget that Russians make much less than we do. Those earning $500 - $1000/ month are considered to be doing quite well (not enough to afford any luxury, but certainly OK).

What about the income tax rate in Russia? Here we earn a lot but taxed out a lot. Not even mention when you spend you still need to pay the sells tax.

I heard the GPF last year in PeiKing the ticket price to chinese citizens or especially those student rate are quit cheap. Not as that expensive in term of US $. I suspected that when they bid the GPF, the goverment put some funding down to the arenas. Or at least the arena is still half owned by goverment, so they can afford the low ticket price.