Article and Pic - Condi Rice meets skaters in China | Golden Skate

Article and Pic - Condi Rice meets skaters in China

:rock: I wonder if she put on skates and took a little spin on the ice with Xue and Hongbo!

MM:)

Vash01

Medalist
Doggygirl said:

Interesting that you posted this today, DG. Earlier today I was working on a speech on Condoleeza Rice and came across her picture with the 'Chinese ice skating champions' as the caption read. I could recognize Shen & Zhao even from their backs and I could see the face of their coach in the picture. Only the date was wrong in that article. It read March 20th which would have been before worlds ended. March 22nd (this pic) makes more sense. Condi Rice is an amazing woman. My speech is scheduled for Wed. This article was just in time.

Vash

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
That's interesting Vash!!

Let us know how your speech goes!! Glad you enjoyed the article.

DG

S

SkateFan4Life

All I can say about Condi Rice is - You go, girl! :clap:

I'd love to see her put on skates and take a few spins around a rink. I bet she would look as elegant and classy as she looks off the ice.

What a magnificent Secretary of State! Finally, a woman! :clap: :clap:

brad640

On the Ice
SkateFan4Life said:
What a magnificent Secretary of State! Finally, a woman! :clap: :clap:

Clinton appointed Madeleine Albright as Secretary of State in 96, so with Condi we finally have an African American woman.

Vash01

Medalist
Doggygirl said:
Let us know how your speech goes!! Glad you enjoyed the article.

DG

DG, the speech went quite well. I was pleased with it and people thanked me for giving them info. on Condi Rice.

Vash

Vash01

Medalist
brad640 said:
Clinton appointed Madeleine Albright as Secretary of State in 96, so with Condi we finally have an African American woman.

Madeleine Albright was the first female Sec. of state (USA). Condoleezza Rice was the second female, and first African American female Sec of state. Interestingly, Condi Rice was mentored in college by Professor Josef Korbel who was M.Albright's father.

Vash

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Vash01 said:
Madeleine Albright was the first female Sec. of state (USA). Condoleezza Rice was the second female, and first African American female Sec of state. Interestingly, Condi Rice was mentored in college by Professor Josef Korbel who was M.Albright's father.

Vash

Glad your speech went well Vash! Wish I could have heard the whole thing as I have lots of respect for Condi and I'm sure you put together lots of interesting information. I didn't realize that Condi was mentored by Madeline's father. How cool!

DG

Vash01

Medalist
DG,

I wish you were there too.

There was so much information that I had to leave out a lot of it to make the speech fit in the allocated time (and I still went over). She really is a fascinating woman- a Renaissance woman.

Vash

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Vash01 said:
DG,

I wish you were there too.

There was so much information that I had to leave out a lot of it to make the speech fit in the allocated time (and I still went over). She really is a fascinating woman- a Renaissance woman.

Vash

I'm glad it went well for you. I watched a bio of Condi Rice, and she really is a fascinating woman and a hard worker.

Vash01

Medalist
Condoleeza Rice:

"Figure skating is the most beautiful sport but it is very very hard"