Tights: Over or Under?

• Over

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • Under

Votes: 72 84.7%

• Total voters

K-Mo

On the Ice
Do you prefer when ladies wear tights under thier boots like Michelle or over, like Sasha? When they put them over, I think it gives them cankles! Not attractive...

Hey, K-Mo, welcome to Golden Skate.

I said under. I just like the white boot look!

Mathman

MannyisHOT

Rinkside
I said over because a) i wear mine over and b) it protects your skates.... it makes them a bit safer from getting all banged up.... i dont care if they look like they have cankles! I am used tro it my 3 neighbours all have cankles!

nicole_l

Final Flight
I said under, although personally I need to wear two pairs of tights--one under and one over the ankles (but not over the boots!).
I hope that made some sort of sense...

Arsenette

On the Ice
I MUCH prefer under.. I don't like seeing "material over a boot".. we don't wear our socks over our shoes to "show our line" do we? :rofl:

K-Mo

On the Ice
Arsenette said:
I MUCH prefer under.. I don't like seeing "material over a boot".. we don't wear our socks over our shoes to "show our line" do we? :rofl:

Maybe we should--we could start the latest fashion trend! :rock:

icedancer2

Rinkside
Under!!

Definitely under the boots.

And nice white boots at that.

I saw on another forum where someone called the over-the-boot tights look, "hooves" -- that is perfect!

Wear whatever you want to practice in, but for the competition, please clean your boots, put in new laces and wear suntan tights UNDER your boots!!

(very strong opinion here, eh? :laugh: )

K-Mo

On the Ice
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels so strongly about it! It's my #1 gripe about skaters' costumes, and if a skater puts the tights over, they just have to work that much harder to make me like them. :cool:

Skaterstar57

Spectator
Woah, I have been searching for a good ice skating forum forever. @_@ Finally found one. ^_^
I guess I would have to say over. All though, I don't mind if I have under. I really don't have much of an opinion here. ^_~ But since I use over I guess I would have to say that. But I am sort of in between I guess. :rolleye:

Last edited:

Vash01

Medalist
I prefer them under the boots because wearing them over makes a skater look like having very long legs but no boots.

Vash

Serena

Rinkside
Under! I think that the tights-over-the skates look is tacky, but I can understand why skaters do it. Nonetheless, it annoys me.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I voted for under. I always gave credit to Michelle for wearing hers under until it was I think the Marshall's comp and she wore them around the top of her skates which made her look like she had fat ankles. :rofl:

Dee

kyla2

Final Flight
My Vote

UNDER!!!! They look awful over the top of the boot. They ruin the line of the leg and make the skater's whole leg look heavy (which is ridiculous since they don't have fat legs).