Summer Vacation plans | Golden Skate

Summer Vacation plans

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I would very much like to take a week's vacation this summer with my family, probably in August. I'm thinking Hawaii. I don't want to go anywhere that will be so hot and muggy that I wouldn't be able to walk around for any length of time. Plus, it's only a few hours from San Diego. Anyone ever been to Hawaii in August?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
come to ALASKA... Alaska in the summer is tops!

I've never been to Hawaii so I really have no business replying, but COME TO SOUTH CENTRAL ALASKA...

*GS's resident Alaska Travel Agent*

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
RealtorGal-
My family is taking a trip to Hawaii (Oahu) this summer July 22nd-July 29th. We are staying in a two bedroom one bath guest house with private pool. We are not right on the beach but within walking distance. Airfares are expensive but we got a good deal going out of LA for $1770. for four.

I've been to Hawaii in Aug and it can be hot there, June is a little cooler. No matter the weather I love it there!

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Hubby and I were in Hawaii in 1975, in August. It depends, really where you go. If you go to the big island, then you have to go see the volcanoes. Believe it or not, it is very cold up in the mountains. It rained nearly every morning for a few hours, but the afternoons and evenings were perfect. Do you know which islands you'll visit? We visited Oahu, Hawaii, Maui, and Kauai......all gorgeous, but each one has different things to offer. There is a magnificent canyon on Kauai, they call it the Grand Canyon of Hawaii. Maui has wonderful beaches and Hawaii has the volcanoes and spectacular scenery. Oahu has the most to do, what with Pearl Harbor, capitol building, Polynesian Culture Center, Waikiki Beach, etc. You'll have a great time..............42

Last edited:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
RealtorGal said:
I would very much like to take a week's vacation this summer with my family, probably in August. I'm thinking Hawaii. I don't want to go anywhere that will be so hot and muggy that I wouldn't be able to walk around for any length of time. Plus, it's only a few hours from San Diego. Anyone ever been to Hawaii in August?

Come to "Beautiful British Columbia." You are surrounded by scenery everywhere. Mountains, Ocean, Parks, plus Vancouver is loaded with tourist attractions and mega shopping. You name it you can find it here. Hey, bring your skates - there are sure to be a few skating rinks you can drop into for an afternoon skate - even in August.

jp1andonly

Rinkside
As a teacher I do get 2 months off BUT ......

NO PAY!!!

*sigh* so as a fairly new teacher with debt I'll be getting a summer job doing something so I can afford to eat for 2 months. I saved up my rent money already so I just need something part time to help with the rest of the costs.

I applied to teach summer school but its about who you know and based on years of teaching.

No vacation anywhere for me.

But I do live in Vancouver near the water so I can at least head down to the beach and soak in the sun

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Hey jp, if I lived near a beach, any beach, it would be vacation time 365 days a year........ :) Do they not divide your ten month salary into twelve months? 42

jp1andonly

Rinkside
nope they don't. I beleive you can ask but then you end up with more taxes taken off, etc.

show 42 said:
Hey jp, if I lived near a beach, any beach, it would be vacation time 365 days a year........ :) Do they not divide your ten month salary into twelve months? 42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
no her family wants to come to Alaska

*chants* Alaska. Alaska. Alaska.

*is bound and determined to make Kenai, Alaska #1 travel spot of the WORLD! :rock: *

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Now, now, dlk and Toni.........she can split the difference and go on an Alaskan cruise and then cruise to Hawaii!!! :laugh: 42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
dlkksk8fan said:
no she wants to go to Hawaii so she can visit with my family! :biggrin:

*throws snowball in your direction* NO she should come up HERE! We're so much COOLER (pun totally intended!)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
dlkksk8fan said:
The warm Hawaiian heat is going to melt your little Alaskan snow balls :yes:

that could be read in such a dirty way :laugh:

our volcanoes can kick the pants off your volcanoes! :laugh: