Japan World Challenge in October - New Pro-Am | Golden Skate

Japan World Challenge in October - New Pro-Am

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If no US skaters are invited, there's no way we'll see it.

And IS it a pro-am? The description sounded as if it was going to be an Olympic prep.

Last edited:

Jhar55

Medalist
That's real close to the start of Grand Prix season.
Do you think many top skaters will take do the Challenge?

Visaliakid just posted more information about this in the Events folder.

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9384

Irina Slutskaya is one of the non-Japanese skaters that has been invited.

Doggygirl said:
Speedy must be having a fit right now.
If Speedy is smart he will say, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. To me, he ought to be supporting these so-called "cheesefests" and trying to maintain as much of an ISU presence as possible -- if only to be standing there in the background holding up an ISU flag.

If this is the kind of competion that draws the interest of fans, of television networks and of corporate sponsors, then this will be the future of the sport no matter how much Speedy preaches about the glories of the Grand Prix.

I still do not see why people say, well, this isn't a real competition, so don't waste my time showing it on TV. If they get Arakawa, Ando, Suguri and Slutskaya, that will be a stronger competitive field than any of the Grand Prix events. If Prince Hotels (the Marshall's of Japan) makes it worth their time, they might even get Michelle and Sasha to round out the field, LOL.

Mathman:)

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Mathman said:
... If Speedy is smart he will say, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. To me, he ought to be supporting these so-called "cheesefests" and trying to maintain as much of an ISU presence as possible -- if only to be standing there in the background holding up an ISU flag.

If this is the kind of competion that draws the interest of fans, of television networks and of corporate sponsors, then this will be the future of the sport no matter how much Speedy preaches about the glories of the Grand Prix. ...

Mathman:)

ITA on what $peedy should do, but I don't think he is all that smart.