Chris Cuthbert gets new job-replacing Rod Black | Golden Skate

Chris Cuthbert gets new job-replacing Rod Black

lotusland

On the Ice
I grew to like Rod's annual contribution to figure skating, but it certainly took a while. Still, I will miss his perspective on the sport.

Good move for CTV and TSN. Too %*&#^@ for CBC!

6 months severance after more than 20 years on the job?!? Too bad Chris Cuthbert wasn't the head of BC Hydro, Ontario Hydro or the Hudson's Bay Company or any one of the cazillion other enterprises that give out "golden parachutes" after only 6 months on the job! :disapp:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Wow! Well, this is news to me. Rod Black did such a great job. I like Chris Cuthbert as well, but I will miss Rod's commentaries.

cborsky

Rinkside
I'm quite disappointed to hear this news. I thought Rob was very well spoken, knowledgable, and positive about figure skating. He was never one to ask dumb questions in the middle of performances so a simple definition had to be explained through a skaters program. It's so distracting and unnecessary when commentators launch into a big technical explanation (thinking they are adding to the viewers enjoyment) while someone is performing! :rolleye:

I really hope that Chris can fill Rob's shoes!

~Cassie

Antilles

Medalist
While I do like Cuthbert, I will really miss Black. He seemed to have a genuine interest in skating and the skaters. His enthusiasm was nice to see.