Constantine Gone! Oh No | Golden Skate

Constantine Gone! Oh No

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Well, I kind of figured after last nights performance, he may not survive, but I was hoping. I was hoping Scott would get voted off, but as usual he managed to get enough votes. Unbelievable.

Constantine chose the wrong song. Although, I thought he performed it better tonight in his final "swan song." He seemed more relaxed and into the performance. It is not an easy song to sing. I think Constantine wanted to stick with his rock roots. It's always harder to sing these type of songs, because one needs a group for backup. He should have chosen pop material.

Now, it does not matter to me who wins. Probably, Bo will win. He seems the most popular of the group left. Anyone but Scott, Please!!!!

I am also kind of tired of Vonzelle. She seems to think shrieking is singing. It's almost painful sometimes.

Well, as always, America will vote.......

lavender

Record Breaker
Shouldn't these people remember other shows. I mean really overall Con is way more talented than Scott and Anthony.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Absolutely, Lad and lavender..........I am a devoted Con fan, and voted for him even though the general opinion was that he blew the song.....(My son is a big Nickelback fan, and he thought he did a pretty good version of the song). One less than stellar performance should not make fans stop voting. The rest of the competition will be interesting. I've heard that the powers at AI wanted a Bo and Carrie showdown........looks like they didn't figure on Scott being so popular. I wonder if they're a bit nervous......... :p 42

By the by.......Amazon has Con's CD that he made with his group, "Pray For The Soul Of Betty", on sale. I just ordered one, so there is life after AI..........

Last edited:

lavender

Record Breaker
I can't find a good short name for Constantine. Con isn't good so I'll call him Constant. Of course I think of something after he's eliminated.

Really stinks, doesn't it, that Constantine (and Nadia and Jessica and everybody else who is gone) went before Scott.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
This is interesting. Constantine's "not yet released CD" with his band "Pray For The Soul Of Betty", is number 4 at Amazon..........not bad for someone cut from the competition........42 :thumbsup:

Aloft04

On the Ice
I mentioned this on the other "Idol" thread....there is an organized effort to make a joke out of the whole show, a website called "Vote for the Worst". Apparently a lot of kids know this and are employing it weekly. I posted the link on the other thread.

It's sad really, but common knowledge to most teens. I thought it might be an urban legend until I found my way there.......

Dante The Beagle

Rinkside
Pray For The Soul Of Betty

Wow, he has a cd already? Cool! Has anyone lisened to it, yet? If so, what does it sound like?

Casablankie :thumbsup:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Hi Dante..........nope, haven't listened to it yet, ordered it without previewing it. It won't be released until May 10th. 42

swannanoa54

On the Ice
With an "explicit lyrics" warning, no less. AND produced by the same group that produced William Hung's CD last time. I'm just glad I don't have to see Contantine's smarmy looks anymore although I'd take those over the sullen, can't whistle in the dark, nobody wants to play gansta with me styling of Scott Savol.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
.........but, a lot of music CD's come with that warning. It isn't meant for young people, I suppose. I don't understand the comments I have been hearing about his looks. Contestants have been criticized about being too wooden or without emotion. When we get a singer who does "emote", he's called "smarmy", whatever that's suppose to mean. At least with a CD, one doesn't have to look at the singer or singers to enjoy the music.......... :laugh: 42

swannanoa54

On the Ice
"Smarmy"-a word I use to describe someone who makes my skin crawl at certain times. Constantine with his constant "I'm so sensual" looks reminds me of a would be Casanova and not a very good one at that.

Of course, his onstage persona aside, I wouldn't buy his CD because I don't like his voice when he sings rock. Now, if he released a CD by himself doing some of those show tunes or "crooner" songs, then-yep I'd buy his CD and know I wouldn't have to see him to listen to it. :rofl:

Sorry, just different strokes for different folks, show. :rock: However, I wasn't complaining about the Explicit Lyrics, just letting everyone know there was that warning on there. Heck, I couldn't even read all the songs since some of them had little **** in place of the words. Hey, if I can listen to 2LiveCrew, I'm pretty sure I can listen to anything and not be offended. :rofl:

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
No problem, Realistic. My hubby watches "Deadwood" on HBO, and every other word is a swear word. He says he doesn't even notice anymore. Such is life, I guess......... :) 42